Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#26 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 7:10 PM
Things I like least about TS3:

Rabbit Holes. Rabbit Holes. And did I mention Rabbit Holes?

Oh, yeah. Rabbit Holes.

I really don't get having to sit outside a venue while my sim is doing stuff that I can't see inside. It's just... boring.

Interactions we used to have in TS2 that we don't have now. Like the waiter tripping and dropping food all over your sim. Oh, yeah... we can't have that since we can't see inside the restaurants. Because they're RABBIT HOLES!!!!!

The romantic interactions we don't have anymore. Slow dancing, with hands drifting downward into inappropriate places...

The Smustle. Dude... I can't believe I miss the Smustle. Especially when sims were awkwardly learning it. It would've been funnier if some sims never quite picked it up, even after a lifetime of trying. Or they'd get mad when everyone else could and would do it...

Actually watching sims climb into and out of cars. Can you believe EA neglected something this basic?

No stages for build mode.

The lack of stuff to do with babies and toddlers. Heck, I miss babies looking like babies, with actual arms and legs and stuff. I actually loved having toddlers in TS2... now, not so much.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 8:31 PM
One of my favorite things about the Sims is that it allows users to design objects and write mods. But what I dislike is that somebody has to make a mod (for free) to allow any kind of behavior customization. I don't mind playing with just the objects, clothes, etc. that come with the game, but I'd like to be able to change the way my Sims act. I feel like EA is forcing the dominant culture on our game. It would be nice if every time they added a major new feature, you could turn it off if you liked the game better without it. Obviously, memories are a prime example, but that's not the only thing. What if you want to hang out in nightclubs, but you don't like vampires running around everywhere? Or if you want to play a vampire but don't want your Sim to become famous? You want imaginary friends but don't want all your Sims to be peer-pressured into monogamous relationships?
I think they did a great job with adding laundry. They didn't make it necessary, in case you don't like it. But if you want to add that bit of realism, there's a decent reward for doing it. If every new feature were like that, there'd be fewer complaints and more customer satisfaction with expansion packs.
Forum Resident
#28 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RadicalWonderWorm
It would be nice if every time they added a major new feature, you could turn it off if you liked the game better without it. Obviously, memories are a prime example, but that's not the only thing. What if you want to hang out in nightclubs, but you don't like vampires running around everywhere? Or if you want to play a vampire but don't want your Sim to become famous? You want imaginary friends but don't want all your Sims to be peer-pressured into monogamous relationships?

Totally, totally agree with this. I don't like most of the paranormals. Just don't play them and wish they weren't in my game. I respect that some folks absolutely LOVE this stuff, but it would be great for me if I could buy a new EP and turn off the features I dislike or don't care to play. For instance, now that I've played the celebrity thing, I hate that feature. You get famous by talking to a famous person? Really? And then you have paparazzi following you around all the time, just because you're famous for chatting up a famous person?

Thanks, I'd rather be anonymous.
Scholar
#29 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
The lack of community lot building options, and the rabbitholes that are supposed to 'make up for them'.

I don't like that EA didn't give us any kind of option. Surely it would be possible to keep the rabbitholes for those who prefer them and let us be able to build our own stores/restaurants if we wanted to.

or at least be able to recolor ingame some portions of them....!
Scholar
#30 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 12:27 AM
I dislike the fact that some aspects of the game are forced upon you, while some you can bypass completely.
I dislike the Generation glitches that are just starting to show themselves. Heck, bugs are badddddd and so many should not in these games. I know that it's a hard timeline, but they must hire dozens and dozens of tech people for the game, surely somebody would be able to fix some of this stuff?
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 2:48 AM
Quote:
I am still very bothered by the in game lightning and how everything shines and glares. I always feel like I need polaroid sunglasses.

YES! The lighting in this game is very weird. Some of it is great, but mostly horrible, such as shoddy outdoor lighting effects on sims often making them look scary (and not in a good way), lights not crossing lots, lights not illuminating multiple levels which makes the indoor and outdoor lighting look really uneven and very unnatural. EA really needs to spend some time fixing the lighting in this game and I will be relatively content :D

Also, my two cents on rabbit holes: they are a necessary evil when it comes to an open neighborhood. Yes, some of them are just silly (like the restaurants and shops), but the other ones like the military base, science facility, and office building are fine. But overall, the fewer rabbitholes, the better.
Test Subject
#32 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 3:29 AM
my least favorite thing is the woohoo animation.... really it is less than inspiring. It makes me think they'd rather go read a book.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 3:41 AM
I really don't like the interactions in the Sims 3 - in part, the variety, and in part, the way we have to go about doing it.

EA stripped the game of a lot of interactions. While sims might be able to "Enthuse about," "Talk about," or "Complain" about a dozen different things, they all look and sound the same.

The only play interaction there is, for anyone, is "Tag," and now with Generations, the pillow fight. We lost Red Hands, Punch-U-Punch Me, Miss Mary Mack, tickling, and Cops and Robbers. We lost the family kiss, kiss up arm, tender kiss, and kiss on hand.

I don't like the stages in social interaction - flirty/alluring/irresistible, okay/sociable/friendly, and so on. I don't like having to do a dozen interactions to get to the one I want, especially if the other sim decides to complain about the outdoors while my sim is halfway through seducing them.

Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore
I know it's a small thing, but the car animations. Would it have really cost any man hours to program a sim walking outside, opening the car door and getting in?

I remember a discussion about this last year, and I think it makes sense. There's a practical reason behind it - cars can now be on slopes and curves. You can put them on top of roofs, if you like. So, really, half the time a sim would be getting into a car, the animation would be off because they wouldn't necessarily be standing directly next to it.

Check out my new blog - I Think My Cat Is An Alien
Test Subject
#34 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 3:54 AM
For the most part I love Sims3. Despite what things I dislike I can't find myself playing Sims2 again. But here is my short list:

1. Way too many vampires. I am not a big fan of vampires personally, but the minute I installed Late Night I can't get away from them.
2. Not enough baby stuff. Every time my Sim has a baby I have a difficult time when it comes to changing the baby even if I have a changing table I have to wait for the baby's mood to turn yellow before they can be changed.
Forum Resident
#35 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 3:56 AM
Hm let's see, I agree about the interactions as well, many that were gone. And I noticed that a family won't just sit down anymore on the couches. I made a family sit at the couches and they would get up and just stand there (I have the static motives cheat on), Even without it they still won't sit down and even talk to each other anymore, or at the table (Okay when eating that's fine, because Sims 2 that took forever). I liked how they used to just sit in the car or hang out and chat, sometimes I would just watch them talking for Sim hours (Okay I am weird lol) because it reminded me of a real family, especially at a party.

The Teen Curfew, annoying really. The way Sims claim they are doing things inappropriately (Does EA even know what the word means?), have to get that lifetime reward to shut them up. Or how they kick one Sim out and the family has to be kicked out as well if they are with them (Most annoying if there's a toddler or kid in that household they are the ones who claim the Sims are doing something wrong).

Oh and also the Newspaper boy/girl. Don't know if anyone else notices but after you get too many, the newspaper kids are so rude about it. Yes that's right tell a YA/Adult Vampire maxed out in Athletic AND Martial Arts what to do kid, real smart. Lucky they don't live in the neighborhood or they would be toast, or even wait until they grow up and get them. They scold the people in the popup message saying Clean it up and maybe I will leave more then >.>
Scholar
#36 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 4:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by justin1010
Also, my two cents on rabbit holes: they are a necessary evil when it comes to an open neighborhood. Yes, some of them are just silly (like the restaurants and shops), but the other ones like the military base, science facility, and office building are fine. But overall, the fewer rabbitholes, the better.

I don't think that the majority of us who are against rabbitholes are talking about the job and school rabbitholes. We simply want the community lot options that we had in both The Sims 1 and The Sims 2 back.

There are some people who want to see their Sims when they go to school and work, but that's a different opinion from those of us who want open stores and restaurants.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 4:41 AM
^ Oh I know. Hence why I said it's rather silly for the shops and restaurants to be rabbitholes since those should have been opened from the get-go.
Test Subject
#38 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 6:26 AM Last edited by Lovinglies : 18th Jun 2011 at 6:38 AM.
The way they look. This is a big issues for me. I guess you can say I'm into looks.

Rabbit holes.

Interactions. Ugh.

The complexities of the game. It seems like I have to do a million different things to achieve something that is frivolous.

Those damn alerts in Late Night telling your sim to go here and there. My god, just stop!
Scholar
#39 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 6:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lovinglies
The way they look AKA the graphics.

I do agree. Everybody lists graphics as a strong point of The Sims 3, but I disagree. In playing The Sims 3 I've noticed a lot of inconsistency in the graphics. Household objects and the lighting inside of houses is great. However, the outdoor lighting is bad, and the plants are really lacking in the graphics department. I wish I was exaggerating, and could say it's just my graphics card, but it's not. There are flowers that aren't even rendered in 3D, they'll 'follow' the camera when you move it around, and the detail on the plants like flowers is just really lacking. Many of the trees don't even appear to have discernible leaves rendered in 3D, they're just large clumps. It's like everything in this game is designed to be looked at only from a distance, and not close-up. However, you really don't have to get too close to them to even notice the lack of detail.

To me it isn't a major issue, but it is there.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 10:30 PM
I agree about the annoying Teen curfew thing too. I'll have my teens ON THEIR WAY HOME- IN A CAR not to mention, get pulled over and taken home in a police car. I mean, really? Realistically a cop could not tell if the people in the car were teens. Also, they know where the teens are and you can never escape! I had my teens go to a secluded park away from any roads to hang out.

Guess what.

My sims got caught SOONER then when they were caught dancing out in the middle of the street of downtown (don't ask.)! I'm so tired of the stupid curfew thing. That's why I'm glad I could escape it when visiting other countries in WA. That way I only had to worry about the little kids. Having no curfew or school in China really enabled my teens to max out lots of skills!
Forum Resident
#41 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 12:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SmexySims2
I agree about the annoying Teen curfew thing too. I'll have my teens ON THEIR WAY HOME- IN A CAR not to mention, get pulled over and taken home in a police car. I mean, really? Realistically a cop could not tell if the people in the car were teens. Also, they know where the teens are and you can never escape! I had my teens go to a secluded park away from any roads to hang out.

Guess what.

My sims got caught SOONER then when they were caught dancing out in the middle of the street of downtown (don't ask.)! I'm so tired of the stupid curfew thing. That's why I'm glad I could escape it when visiting other countries in WA. That way I only had to worry about the little kids. Having no curfew or school in China really enabled my teens to max out lots of skills!

I don't like the curfew thing as well. I also hate how the child/teen will automatically try to go home no matter what. Although I do like having the curfew and a chance of getting caught by the cops, I wish there were ways to try to run away and hide from the cops too.

I had the Bog Off, Bobby: No/Reduced Curfew for Teens and Children for my game, but it seems like it is not available for download anymore.
Field Researcher
#42 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 4:30 AM
I hate that the longer I play a game (e.g. after several Sim generations), the longer the load time. Does this happen to anyone else?
Forum Resident
#43 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 4:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Munchies
I hate that the longer I play a game (e.g. after several Sim generations), the longer the load time. Does this happen to anyone else?

I have this as well. Using the fps limiter actually helped with the lag and loading. Also, merging my custom content into five or six packages helped as well.

Off Topic: Munchies, every time I see your avatar, I can't help but smile from how adorable it is.
Forum Resident
#44 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 4:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Munchies

It's because the game doesn't clean up old Sim data when they die, for family tree purposes. I don't know why... it doesn't actually need anything going more than 3 or 4 generaitions back.

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Please do not PM me asking for help. Use the Help section.
Scholar
#45 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 6:54 AM
Well too many rabbit holes for one. Plus not having open venues opened like bookstore,restaurants,etc.. (not work rabbit holes of course) Hoping if there's an OFB like EP one day where you can manage things and own them. Man if that were to happen then I would be in static

I can't stress enough that 5 Eps later and still, there no way to have the option to visit other neighbor hoods (Including Custom ones and vacations) with out losing your family relationships and family trees. And not able to set it weather it's a city, vacation etc.. In CAW. it's to many good worlds out there, ordering have to move to a new town sacrifice almost everything this what's kills me a lot. since I love traveling and playing the same sim a lot.
Test Subject
#46 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 8:19 AM
I didn't read everyone else's least favorite thing, so I'm not sure if it's already been said; although I LOVE the Sims 3, it extremely lacks the humor in the Sims 2 - the cow/plant thing that ate humans, the floating during the bubble blower, the mascot and streaking in university, and even the "memories" in the Sims 2 were silly. I miss the humor
Theorist
#47 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 2:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lostdeviant
my least favorite thing is the woohoo animation.... really it is less than inspiring. It makes me think they'd rather go read a book.

I've always thought Sims 2 woohoo was better than Sims 3 since day one. Sims 3 is just so.... bland.. for lack of a better word. Passionless.. there's another one.
Test Subject
#48 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 2:47 PM
Personally, I can live with the graphics (although I prefer the style of the Sims 2). I mean, I'm not crazy about how everything looks like it's been carved out of a single piece of plastic (whether it's the fridge, a wooden table, or the sims themselves) but I could and would totally live with that if the game was at all fufilling. But, for me, it's not.

In addition to lacking the humor of the Sims 2, which someone else had mentioned, the Sims 3 lacks... feeling. In the Sims 2, the sims are always looking around themselves, seemed excited to see their children and friends, and it was just easier to create stories with them because they just seemed /realer/. Obviously, both are videogames so (no matter how much I hate to admit it) it's not like the sims are actually thinking anything, but in the Sims 3 it just doesn't seem like the sims mean it when they interact with others. It just feels like EA failed to give them the personality of their Sims 2 predicessors. For me, that makes it really difficult to care about playing them, like watching a movie with bad actors.

I also hate how difficult it is to throw wedding and house parties -- they always devolve into a motives draining failure despite how easy they are to throw in the Sims 2 -- and how it takes hours and hours to make a single sim before you can even start playing. I'm not a huge fan of the curfew either, it's stupid to force even the most rebellious teen into bed by 11 (or whenever). Although it's not like there's anything for them to do anyways.

Fortunately for me, I've still got Bon Voyage and Open for Business to discover, along with Pets which I just bought a couple weeks ago. I really still enjoy the Sims 2 anyways, so I'm not worried about getting truly bored of it for a long time to come.
Instructor
#49 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 3:32 PM
My other least favorite thing is the pudding! Yarg. Hate the pixar look.

I also think CAS should be tuned better so you can make a decent handsome/pretty face randomly. Too often if you use the random featuers the game selects the sim is fugly beyond words. It should generate faces that are within the bounds of human norm.

I also think if it generates clothing it should color it so it matches somwhat.
Field Researcher
#50 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by birdyfly
I have this as well. Using the fps limiter actually helped with the lag and loading. Also, merging my custom content into five or six packages helped as well.

Off Topic: Munchies, every time I see your avatar, I can't help but smile from how adorable it is.

Hi birdyfly! May I ask what the fps limiter is? Is it a mod? If so, where can I find it?

And thanks! The avatar is of the hamster dog I made for Sims 2.

Quote: Originally posted by severedsolo
It's because the game doesn't clean up old Sim data when they die, for family tree purposes. I don't know why... it doesn't actually need anything going more than 3 or 4 generaitions back.

I see. Is there a way to clean up the sim data?

Quote: Originally posted by livvyfaye
I didn't read everyone else's least favorite thing, so I'm not sure if it's already been said; although I LOVE the Sims 3, it extremely lacks the humor in the Sims 2 - the cow/plant thing that ate humans, the floating during the bubble blower, the mascot and streaking in university, and even the "memories" in the Sims 2 were silly. I miss the humor

OMG, I'm SO glad to see I'm not the only one who felt that way!! I actually miss seeing the sims fall asleep on their food. One thing with the Sims 3 that I found really funny is that if someone dies in a community lot and the grim reaper appears, sims with the coward trait would faint, then get up, then faint again. This would repeat itself long after the grim reaper disappears. I think it's a glitch.
Page 2 of 19