1 people viewing
Replies: 734 (Who?), Viewed: 86570 times.
Page 25 of 30
Field Researcher
#601 Old 28th Jan 2022 at 7:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDacapo
I see. That would make for a wonderful BFBVFS, wouldn't it?

I remember I had uninstall and re-install the base game and forgot that the current save which one of my Sims had a favorite food from World Adventure couldn't be opened as the loading screen stuck for 2 hours. That was a long time ago before I stumbled upon ErrorTrap.

All the hoods are merely the same, so I made ones where all the Sims aren't straight.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#602 Old 28th Jan 2022 at 7:40 PM
I have an incredibly dweeby wish, but I would kill for a bunch of quality of life hotkey fixes.

I really want a mod that shifts pause button to the spacebar instead of the P key. Currently, the spacebar swaps to the next sim but, like, we already have a button to swap to the next sim (it's the N key), why would be ever need *two* different buttons that do literally the exact same thing? Why would I would anyone use a button could randomly throw your camera halfway across the map in the first place?

Like, if you actually wanted to make a 'Next Sim' type button but, like, indefinitely more useful/functional I'd remap those so that your numpad keys would swap you to the corresponding sim from your portrait panel ( ie: the sim at the very top of your portrait panel is 1, next one down is 2, so on and so forth) that way you have a bit more control and you're not just randomly flinging yourself halfway to Timbuctoo every time.

In Stuffed Crust, We Do Trust.
Mad Poster
#603 Old 29th Jan 2022 at 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by legacyoffailures
I remember I had uninstall and re-install the base game and forgot that the current save which one of my Sims had a favorite food from World Adventure couldn't be opened as the loading screen stuck for 2 hours. That was a long time ago before I stumbled upon ErrorTrap.

Still I do wish there would be custom favourite foods because the foods that come with the woodfire oven and Grandma's oven just look so damn tempting! And well, I love me some cherry pie. Cherries... reminds me of Mr. Do! and those annoying dinosaurs and blue chompers.
Scholar
#604 Old 31st Jan 2022 at 2:09 AM
I wish that someone would come up with a mod that would stop sim children from tossing and turning in their sleep, or at least turn it down a notch. I have a child sim named Millie who is at present sharing a double bed with her grown up sister Melanie. It doesn't seem to bother Melanie, but it would me.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Scholar
#605 Old 31st Jan 2022 at 1:26 PM
I actually find the tossing and turning realistic. As a child I would fall asleep on one side of the bed and wake-up on the other, as I had rolled over all the other people who I might have been sharing with, or I would wake with my head at the foot of the bed instead of on my pillow. Still a restless sleeper, but to a lesser degree.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Field Researcher
#606 Old 15th Feb 2022 at 6:03 PM Last edited by Train_guy : 15th Feb 2022 at 10:44 PM.
I got a good one (and YES, I DO WISH that this mod exists): A mod that lets the player save ANY floor covering that they know DANG WELL they're going to use as a ceiling cover to the floor category "Ceiling Tiles"!
Test Subject
#607 Old 15th Feb 2022 at 6:31 PM
A mod that made the store violin compatible with bands/jamming, but that would take a lot of work lol
Field Researcher
#608 Old 15th Feb 2022 at 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurderPrincessK
I actually find the tossing and turning realistic. As a child I would fall asleep on one side of the bed and wake-up on the other, as I had rolled over all the other people who I might have been sharing with, or I would wake with my head at the foot of the bed instead of on my pillow. Still a restless sleeper, but to a lesser degree.

My husband told a story that as a child, he rolled in his sleep so much that his parents put a screen on his bed to catch him! So, he then somehow would roll and bounce until he rolled off the foot of the bed! Fortunately, our son did not inherit that.
Lab Assistant
#609 Old 19th Feb 2022 at 6:55 AM
Wish there was a mod for removing limos and removing the children/teens curfew without both conflicting with each other.
Mad Poster
#610 Old 19th Feb 2022 at 7:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulishagirl
Wish there was a mod for removing limos and removing the children/teens curfew without both conflicting with each other.

These 2 work together. Remove all your other limo/no curfew mods.
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: rar no limo no curfew.rar (50.5 KB, 7 downloads)

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Scholar
#611 Old 19th Feb 2022 at 7:58 AM
I wish there is a mod that enables the cameraman (TAB) mode in buy/build mode (i.e. building with no sims in lot). Tried searching for one and I've only seen something for TS4. Is that a possibility though?

Looking for something converted to TS3? Visit Xto3 Conversions Finds for all your xto3 needs.
Main simblr: aisquaredchoco ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Test Subject
#612 Old 19th Feb 2022 at 10:01 PM
I wish there was an update to this mod:https://modthesims.info/d/397507/ce...late-night.html
Although it's a miniscule detail I like that it has a unique skill certificate icon for some of the EP skills, but it was only ever updated to Late Night, leaving many to still be the regular skill icons :/
Forum Resident
#613 Old 20th Feb 2022 at 2:31 PM Last edited by Jathom95 : 20th Feb 2022 at 10:28 PM.
This is a small thing, but I really wish the earpiece from the Multitab (when they listen to a tabcast) could be used to listen to music and such. It would be perfect while they're working out at the gym or jogging.

I know there's the MP3 player from Showtime, but it's just kind of eh. Not really different from bringing a portable stereo. I like the visual indicator with the earpiece better.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Scholar
#614 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 2:05 AM
One of the things I usually avoid using in Sims 3 are the washing machines. Because, left to their own devices, sims will never clear up all the piles of clothing that accumulate, unless they have the neat trait. Two of my sims are currently at university, and the first thing I did after moving them into their student accommodation was remove the washer and the drier; they have more important and more interesting things to do than constantly collect up piles of laundry.

But when my sims got round to visiting other lots I was quite appalled by what I found. Attending a party at the Sorority house I beheld a scene of horror: you could hardly move for tripping over heaps of putrid, discarded clothing! As Shakespeare's Falstaff put it: "there was the rankest compound of villainous smell that ever offended nostril". And he was talking about laundry too.

So now, wherever they go, if I find a mess like that, I click on the floor, select Nraas Master Controller and then Clean All. But I think that, in the interest of public health, a mod that would stop this from happening in inactive households would clean up the game in the most literal sense. I wonder how much lag all that laundry causes.

Field Researcher
#615 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 2:10 AM
Doesn't Overwatch clean up laundry piles? I very well am probably remembering wrong. Maybe Chain would add it if it was requested.
Scholar
#616 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 2:42 AM
There is an option to Clean up Laundromat in Overwatch, but I'm not sure if that applies to just the laundromat or to inactive residential lots too.

EDIT: I just checked at the Nraas site: it is only for community laundromats.

Mad Poster
#617 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 2:59 AM
Nonamena had all of us laundry doers covered with her scripted hampers a very long time ago; sometimes I forget this is even a thing until a player helps me dredge up those memories I have of Uni World's dorms with each floor creaking under the weight of dirty laundry piles and the students who actually would go to classes if they could trapped inside. Thanks a bunch for the memories, now I'm going to have to have nightmares for a week again. These would be dorms where none of my active sims would be living, so typically I wouldn't look inside very often unless visiting.

From a programming but "why doesn't this game content all fit together?" standpoint, what happens is that these inactive sims remain animated just long enough to change their clothes once they get home, before they go into semi-hibernation. And when they do need to come out of hibernation to go somewhere, they may need to spin into outerwear or something else again. But they never have time while still animated to do laundry even if their traits dictate that they might want to.

http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...e/uploads/2266/
Scholar
#618 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 4:17 AM
I'll check out that Super hamper mod, it would certainly help out with my own active households. Thanks for the link igazor. As for the other dorms, I suppose I'll just have to carry on clicking on floors. A Watcher's work is never done!

Top Secret Researcher
#619 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 5:29 AM
Speaking of cleaning up and I may have asked this before, but I wish there was a mod to make NPC's working behind cash registers and in restaurants clean up the dirty dishes. I hate that my sim has to do her own dishes when eating out. Does this mod exist or is there a way to force NPC's to clean up the dishes?
Test Subject
#620 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 9:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elynda
I'll check out that Super hamper mod, it would certainly help out with my own active households. Thanks for the link igazor. As for the other dorms, I suppose I'll just have to carry on clicking on floors. A Watcher's work is never done!

I am an avid user of the super hamper, and if you don't like the available designs you can just use the Transmogrifier to copy the script to other hampers. However, I still had the problem with the heaps of dirty laundry when visiting other households, I think? Or maybe that only happened when the hamper eventually got full, I have the version that can take 50 piles. I haven't played in a while now so I don't remember if I managed to find some kind of solution to it, just like you I did the MC Clean All whenever it happened.
Scholar
#621 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 11:57 AM
If you don't want laundry on the floor you can just use this mod
https://modthesims.info/d/460101/le...-the-floor.html
I'm on 1.69 and its still working for me.
Of course if you need mess in your own home than this is not what you want.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Scholar
#622 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 11:17 PM
Ah! I didn't know about that one. I'll give it a try. Thanks.

Test Subject
#623 Old 23rd Feb 2022 at 12:16 AM
Unless it's out there and I just can't seem to find it, I wish there were a mod that made Sims 3 ghosts scare Sims like they did in Sims 2, with the possibility of the Sim dying from fear. Yes, Sims notice the ghosts and stop what they're doing (which is annoying LOL) but I wish they'd jump out of objects like in Sims 2 and say "Boo!" with a heightened response from the SIm.
Scholar
#624 Old 23rd Feb 2022 at 3:57 AM
It kind of does exist. Check out these mods, both fairly new.
https://modthesims.info/d/663159/9-new-death-types.html
https://modthesims.info/d/663457/sc...ghosts-mod.html
I don't think they are compatible, so i would only try one. I could be wrong on that though.

Test Subject
#625 Old 24th Mar 2022 at 11:52 AM
Hi! Can someone create a mod that will make young adults and older people take part in trick or treat? (BTW. Sorry for my English).
Page 25 of 30