Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#51 Old 25th Nov 2021 at 4:52 PM
I mean if they could make that secret alien place in Get To Work happen then I'm sure...

what does his name even mean?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#52 Old 25th Nov 2021 at 8:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
Oh my, oh my, oh my. UM ... to get back to the latest EP, for those of you who are playing it, did you fence the chickens or let them free roam? At 2:44am that is the most crucial question I can pose. Enquiring minds have to know. As something actually on topic here. Sigh. Moving on.....I am sure I will not be able to sleep trying to decide what is best. :D
For those in US, Happy Thanksgiving. Be thankful we have computers and can have Sims, right? Many in this world cannot.

edit: HL you beat me to getting back to topic.

I let them free roam, but I lock them out of buildings. I don't play with wild foxes, though. (And I'm not playing in the new neighborhood because shockingly my computer has a hard time loading a save file of 54,000kb, which is what I get when I try to play a lot there.)

As for new packs, I'd like more supernaturals (werewolves or fairies). A hobby-oriented pack would be very welcome.
Mad Poster
#53 Old 26th Nov 2021 at 12:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
I let them free roam, but I lock them out of buildings. I don't play with wild foxes, though. (And I'm not playing in the new neighborhood because shockingly my computer has a hard time loading a save file of 54,000kb, which is what I get when I try to play a lot there.)

As for new packs, I'd like more supernaturals (werewolves or fairies). A hobby-oriented pack would be very welcome.

That is a good idea to just lock them out of the house. I would love fairies and also hobbies. There was that EP in 2 that had all the clubs and crafts. That was a fun addition to the game.

As for a space theme, I am about the only person on the planet who never saw Star Wars or any of the TV shows about space. I am ancient, so did watch the Jetsons! For me the issue about space is I would not just want a futuristic world such as in ITF, as it would be lots and fake backgrounds and areas as is done in 4. I would love if really a look of being in space, and not on land. Huge space station, cluster of them or something. Really have the feel of being in space and not just some other planet or a future somewhere here or elsewhere.
Field Researcher
#54 Old 26th Nov 2021 at 8:56 AM
Oh, I'm so happy to hear that, I have watched the star wars movies, but I am not american nor brought up with american movies and I think this was one of my first encounters with that industry, and what a shock! I couldn't stop laughing, it started when the white knights tromped in like some bad representation of second world war german soldiers, and just kept on. I think I was annoying and disappointing my geeky friends who had arrange for this meeting. I still liked the dlc influenced from the movie though; but for the aesthetics in CAS and build/buy, they are very pretty, and useful for Komorebi for instance, since they probably are influenced by asian historic fashion.

But wouldn't it be possible to make an ordinary sims 4 world look that that; or do you mean the way sims travel to it? Perhaps you mean actually a station floating in space, and not a station on another planet. That would actually be cool! But the station itself could be the 'sims 4 world', and the inside of it be the lots and the surroundings, and sims could have a possibility of 'looking out' possibly by a rabbit hole adventure for instance.

Edit: And the weather and temperature and lighting etc be adapted for whatever is the deal for astronauts, I'd have to read up on that!
Forum Resident
#55 Old 26th Nov 2021 at 10:41 AM
A true Star Wars fan knows that the lore and what makes you dream is in the first six movies, what Disney did is just another sjw pamphlet without any respect for the original story or the saga, it is actually logical that EA did that mischief with Batuu, both are corrupt companies without any scruples.
Field Researcher
#56 Old 26th Nov 2021 at 11:11 AM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 26th Nov 2021 at 3:27 PM. Reason: no politics
I saw the first movies (the ones from the 70'); I have not had the patience to watch the new ones. It was the only pack I did not want to buy, because of the D-affiliation, but it was gifted me. How would you do the space theme Sokisims?
Theorist
#57 Old 26th Nov 2021 at 12:36 PM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 26th Nov 2021 at 3:28 PM.
My problem with the Disney Star Wars movies was that they were, essentially a re-tread of the original movies with the heroes fighting a Rebellion against the evil Empire YET AGAIN. In addition to that they ruined the happy end of the original movies. So they have both elements of the worst kind of sequel (retread + ruining the ending of the original)
The characters were fine by themselves, they just should have been in a better, more original story.

I mean the Prequels were crap on wheels, but at least they attempted to tell an original story, and could have been good with a few tweaks.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Forum Resident
#58 Old 26th Nov 2021 at 2:13 PM Last edited by Sokisims : 26th Nov 2021 at 2:56 PM.
I only said some of the reasons why it is pejorative for me and many other things. XD I suppose that I pretend that you understand my position.
Field Researcher
#59 Old 26th Nov 2021 at 2:34 PM
@Sokisims You can post you film preferences in the non-sim discussion section of the forum, I'm sure you are more up to date on Disney's production, as I am an adult, without children, and have higher standards than to show any young relatives of mine the productions from Disney.

I thought that being a fan of the lore of a space themed fantasy, you would have more elaborate things to say than repeating my idea and you are welcome to post here: https://modthesims.info/showthread....72&goto=newpost
I'm not interested in your badly contained temper or 'political analysis' however, so think twice before posting.
Forum Resident
#60 Old 26th Nov 2021 at 2:36 PM Last edited by Sokisims : 26th Nov 2021 at 2:58 PM.
You see, finally Andes and Gargoyle Cat can agree on something. XD

I did not want to give space ideas because I gave a lot of myself in the creation of neighborhoods and I want to reserve things for myself in case one day I become a comic artist or creator of stories of some kind. I just thought I agreed with your vision. (in that case)
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#61 Old 26th Nov 2021 at 3:29 PM
@Sokisims @andes Keep politics and morals of companies out of this thread. For my next visit to this thread, I will be deleting it. So behave or you will no longer have a thread to be gossiping about TS4 EPs.
Top Secret Researcher
#62 Old 26th Nov 2021 at 8:42 PM
First three movies. And the Christmas Special, of course.
Mad Poster
#63 Old 1st Feb 2022 at 6:34 PM
I just came here to discuss running a business with the Simple Living lot trait. I figured this would be a fun challenge, but like everything else in the game, it's not done well.

I decided to test with a basic recipe: Sugar Cookies. This requires egg, sugar, and flour.
The total of these ingredients plus the cost of delivery is $53.
The actual cost to produce the cookies is $33.

The cookies can be sold in my inventory for $22.

To BREAK EVEN, I have to sell the cookies with a 50% markup, which Sims don't like very much. Selling the cookies with a 100% markup results in spamming Retail... interactions to sell one set of a cookies for $44 to entire customers to buy, for an $11 profit.

Before, far less effort (and money) could be spent to sell the same $2 cookies (in expenses) for $7 a few times over.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#64 Old 1st Feb 2022 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I just came here to discuss running a business with the Simple Living lot trait. ...
To BREAK EVEN, I have to sell the cookies with a 50% markup, which Sims don't like very much. Selling the cookies with a 100% markup results in spamming Retail... interactions to sell one set of a cookies for $44 to entire customers to buy, for an $11 profit.

Before, far less effort (and money) could be spent to sell the same $2 cookies (in expenses) for $7 a few times over.

And then............ you get to pay taxes on that! Oh my! LOL
Mad Poster
#65 Old 1st Feb 2022 at 10:20 PM
I misjudged the pricing. The price of goods steadily increases, but starting out is near impossible without harassing customers or taking a loss, and that $33 eats into the cost of baked goods.

Funny enough, baked Alaska (a level 10 recipe) only requires 1 of any fruit, so a $14 apple can turn into a $180 dish (before ANY markup). QA at the studio must be hell because none of this makes any sense.

Mad Poster
#66 Old 22nd Mar 2022 at 2:24 PM
You know, the more I think about it, the more I believe directing was a feature removed from Get Famous.

Like, how there's a TON of sets in build/buy mode they player can't actually use. There are cameras (cheap and expensive, and rolling, which are all in electronics/activities, not decor) the player can use that don't actually record anything. Yet, there's video editing stations that allows Sims to edit clips - but only from a drone. Sims can also change stage effects themselves. These are also extra feature players players can use, but only after the acting gig has been completed. :confused:

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#67 Old 26th Mar 2022 at 11:32 PM
Stupid question, but are expansions packs completely put to end / gone?? It's sooo weird just thinking about, how the series got to the point with monetization or nickeling the players to the point they stop production and selling game mechanics seperately?

Wicked!

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Forum Resident
#68 Old 27th Mar 2022 at 1:38 AM Last edited by Jathom95 : 27th Mar 2022 at 3:02 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Stupid question, but are expansions packs completely put to end / gone?? It's sooo weird just thinking about, how the series got to the point with monetization or nickeling the players to the point they stop production and selling game mechanics seperately?

Wicked!

If you mean for TS4's lifespan specifically, there hasn't been anything official. But I believe more and more by the second that TS4's development is being run by a skeleton crew now that can only handle smaller packs, if that. The whole situation over the last several months reeks of "we need to tide people over with as much shit as we possibly can", while the bulk of their manpower is ostensibly on TS5 development now.

But of course they'll never come out and say it. Look how My Wedding Stories released, and now they're trying to pretend it never happened.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Mad Poster
#69 Old 27th Mar 2022 at 3:38 AM
I think the issue is still working from home. Kits may have been the “remedy” for this, but the execution of Sims x Covid has been awful. EA trying run a company in 2022 with 2019 expectation is not it.

One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#70 Old 27th Mar 2022 at 2:44 PM
I'm still not convinced there is a TS5, at least in any format we'd recognise as a Sims game.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 27th Mar 2022 at 11:13 PM Last edited by Casimir : 28th Mar 2022 at 10:01 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
Here's the link to the lilsimsie video I watched. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DcQF-F-RVk

The way the game said that Harvestfest had been successful even though the dog died, the mother of the children almost died and a fire broke out in the house is just kind of stupid. This is a perfect example of what everyone means when they say that the game is shallow.
Field Researcher
#72 Old 28th Mar 2022 at 2:07 PM
So so so many irritating and confusing things in the Sims 4. And yet, I still play. I MUST play. The voices in my head tell me if I don't play, I shall be tortured with a million spikes thru the eyeballs. What is wrong with me? Why do I go around sniffing the air?

I am now . . . insane . . . thanks to the Sims 4.

You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance. - Ray Bradbury
Mad Poster
#73 Old 29th Mar 2022 at 1:19 PM Last edited by lil bag2 : 29th Mar 2022 at 1:32 PM.
Yeah I know the feeling. The game is frustrating but it's got JUST going for it that I don't mind hopping back and forth between it and TS3. Of course, most of what it has going for it is because of the Mod/CC community.

Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
Here's the link to the lilsimsie video I watched. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DcQF-F-RVk

The first four minutes of that video might be the hardest I've ever laughed at the Sims in a loooong time. Talk about bad luck.

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
#74 Old 4th Apr 2022 at 1:40 AM
There’s a rumor/leak on Sims Community that the last expansion package for TS4 is a remake of Old Town and a recreation of several popular items from TS1!

https://simscommunity.info/2022/04/03/the-sims-4-retro-living-leak/

Mad Poster
#75 Old 4th Apr 2022 at 2:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
There’s a rumor/leak on Sims Community that the last expansion package for TS4 is a remake of Old Town and a recreation of several popular items from TS1!

https://simscommunity.info/2022/04/03/the-sims-4-retro-living-leak/

You had me at ‘last’!
Page 3 of 47