Replies: 453 (Who?), Viewed: 23348 times.
Page 4 of 19
Mad Poster
#76 Old 28th Mar 2022 at 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casimir
The way the game said that Harvestfest had been successful even though the dog died, the mother of the children almost died and a fire broke out in the house is just kind of stupid. This is a perfect example of what everyone means when they say that the game is shallow.


One of the reasons I keep proverbially locking horns with Maxis about this game is because I keep trying to make sense of things that don't make sense. In the back of my mind I've known this is a problem, but it became crystal clear one day last week.

I was watching somebody play as I do. I was in my own lane, minding my own business, chillin' with my dogs. I didn't have a beef with the person that was playing or what they were doing. I still don't have a beef with that person, but I didn't finish watching the video.

The 'smarter' sims for that particular video decided that they were going to walk around sniffing the air. Why they were walking around waving their hands around and sniffing; I have no idea. There was no urine puddles, dog poop, nobody was cooking anything, no sim in the room farted, none of the sims were in need of a shower, ect... I don't know why this irritated me as much as it did, but if one of my puddings from TS3 did this, they would be eaten by a cowplant. I will allow the most annoying sims to live in my game, but if they were that stupid, they would have to go away.

This game is just endless layers of stuff and bugs. It's fine for screenshots, storytelling, machinima , building, and making pixel dollies. Beyond that, none of it means anything. It is mayham, foolishness and clowning all the time. Rachel Franklin didn't mention any of these things in her sales pitch...

The Sims 4: E3 2014 Gameplay Presentation

Relive the stories & smarter Sims shown during The Sims 4 E3 2014 gameplay presentation!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAh9NXJg5ZU&t=80s
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#77 Old 28th Mar 2022 at 2:07 PM
So so so many irritating and confusing things in the Sims 4. And yet, I still play. I MUST play. The voices in my head tell me if I don't play, I shall be tortured with a million spikes thru the eyeballs. What is wrong with me? Why do I go around sniffing the air?

I am now . . . insane . . . thanks to the Sims 4.

A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval. - Mark Twain
Mad Poster
#78 Old 29th Mar 2022 at 1:19 PM Last edited by lil bag2 : 29th Mar 2022 at 1:32 PM.
Yeah I know the feeling. The game is frustrating but it's got JUST going for it that I don't mind hopping back and forth between it and TS3. Of course, most of what it has going for it is because of the Mod/CC community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
Here's the link to the lilsimsie video I watched. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DcQF-F-RVk


The first four minutes of that video might be the hardest I've ever laughed at the Sims in a loooong time. Talk about bad luck.

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
#79 Old 29th Mar 2022 at 9:28 PM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 30th Mar 2022 at 12:38 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil bag2

The first four minutes of that video might be the hardest I've ever laughed at the Sims in a loooong time. Talk about bad luck.


I thought the toilet catching on fire was a bug, it isn't.

https://twitter.com/SimGuruPJ/statu...sCq5d77798pAAAA

Click the second pic, then the lower right corner where there is a bunch of screenshots of text boxes.

EDIT: YAY! We can post screenshots again post server stuff that happened yesterday.



I don't get the fascination with toilets this team has. Angry pooping, peeing like a champion, talking toilets and now toilets that catch on fire.
Mad Poster
#80 Old 4th Apr 2022 at 1:40 AM
There’s a rumor/leak on Sims Community that the last expansion package for TS4 is a remake of Old Town and a recreation of several popular items from TS1!

https://simscommunity.info/2022/04/03/the-sims-4-retro-living-leak/

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#81 Old 4th Apr 2022 at 2:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
There’s a rumor/leak on Sims Community that the last expansion package for TS4 is a remake of Old Town and a recreation of several popular items from TS1!

https://simscommunity.info/2022/04/03/the-sims-4-retro-living-leak/


You had me at ‘last’!
Smeg Head
#82 Old 4th Apr 2022 at 6:33 AM
A Rick Roll, and it's not even April Fools' yet. How thoughtful.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Mad Poster
#83 Old 4th Apr 2022 at 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
There’s a rumor/leak on Sims Community that the last expansion package for TS4 is a remake of Old Town and a recreation of several popular items from TS1!

https://simscommunity.info/2022/04/03/the-sims-4-retro-living-leak/


Hey! Being mean is my job which oddly enough is only a issue when certain people are here.

The next EP should be all about clowns. Unicycles, horns, all CAS items look like costumes one would see at a circus, ect... The clown car should be easy. TS4 sims have no respect for personal space and walk through each other. A whole bunch of them should be able to cram themselves into a small car. Right?

Any new EP needs a new NPC. Who better for this pack than Pennywise. He may be a little dark for TS4, but this is TS4 after all. It's all about being inclusive and diverse. No shaming clowns that live in sewers.



Screenshots
Mad Poster
#84 Old 4th Apr 2022 at 6:51 PM
Sorry, it was a late April Fools joke.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#85 Old 3rd May 2022 at 1:57 AM Last edited by matrix54 : 3rd May 2022 at 2:49 AM.
Maxis, I'm tired.

Edit: I'm toss out some predications:

- Something nightclub or band/singer related. Bands would be a great way to made some additions to the base game clubs, bars, and lounges.
Owning bars/clubs/lounges would also be good with some extra management features, like drink and/or food menus, themed nights, themed clubs (underground raves, live music, posh lounges, comedy, poolside clubs, etc.), dealing with juiced patrons, hiring entertainment, new dance moves for different music types, new items like pool/billiards, poker tables, dance cages, BOOTHS to sit and eat/drink... a man can dream.

- A refresh for Realm of Magic. I don't think it needed one as badly as the others, but sure.

- A werewolf game pack

- "After Dark" kits. Possibly clothing for dates, or a build kit for clubs/bars/lounges. It could also be a stuff back with all of this in it and some gameplay for online dating or matchmaking? idk


->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#86 Old 3rd May 2022 at 12:35 PM
This is just for the giggles. I don't know if there will be a expansion pack or not, but I'm curious to see if Sims Freeplay is the 'canary in the coal mine' when it comes to new content for TS4.

Last month Sims Free Play got a new bar. I don't see hotels being a thing for TS4, but we all know how much Maxis their bars. TS4 has how many of them now?



https://twitter.com/TheSimsFreePlay...MC4tb7zoZIqAAAA
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#87 Old 3rd May 2022 at 2:13 PM
Freeplay has routinely put out better content then the PC version. I assume that because it pulls in more money.

I’m still waiting for the spiral staircases that Freeplay got in 2014.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#88 Old 3rd May 2022 at 4:12 PM
Still don't know what it is, but there is a game pack and 2 kits coming for May and June. Just what everybody wanted, MOAR kits.

Remember when they sold the kit idea as 'filler' content?





https://twitter.com/TheSims/status/...sC-2YevvJ0qAAAA
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#89 Old 3rd May 2022 at 4:12 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 3rd May 2022 at 6:56 PM.
One game pack and two kits.

Based on the video they dropped, it appears to be something family related, something city related, werewolves, and dating related.

Just tell us.

Edit:
Date Night Fashion Kit
Backyard Build (?) Kit
Werewolf Gamepack

Edit: The shadow is of a tree, not a Sim. The Simlish text just says "Please Stand By."

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Smeg Head
#90 Old 3rd May 2022 at 9:23 PM Last edited by coolspear1 : 3rd May 2022 at 10:18 PM.
Ahhh, the full Moon, and furry-looking shadows creeping down alleyways. Gotta be Fairies, right? Of course it is... Hoooowlll at my fabulous furry fairy wings. Gotta be. Right?

I can see the movie rights to the story already. "An American Furry Fairy in London." Seen many of them? Bet you ain't. The Sims 4 nails it again. Right?

Bet they recycle, repurpose and regurgitate the Yeti outfit. But with steely claws and slavering jowls and sharp fangs... and of course... silvery wings? Wouldn't be Maxis if they didn't. Right?

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Theorist
#91 Old 3rd May 2022 at 9:33 PM
Well if they ever made Fairies, wouldn't it be neat if they somehow tied the Sylvan Glade from the basegame to them in order to actually give you something to do there?
Just kidding, we all know that's not gonna happen. If they ever make fairies they'll be completely separate from the Sylvan Glade.

Avatar by MasterRed
Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Smeg Head
#92 Old 3rd May 2022 at 9:35 PM Last edited by coolspear1 : 3rd May 2022 at 10:41 PM.
They'll just be Plantsims with wings. Simple is as simple does. The Maxis work ethic.

And don't even think of taking them up the aisle in Weddings pack. Your game, your town, your country will EXPLODE!!!!

Perhaps one of the new Kits will be focused on a "quick divorce settlement" theme, to counteract the potential Armageddon.

But only when it's a full Moon, though. So no rush.

My first mod will be to make a stall that sells silver bullets. There's never enough stalls in TS4. Right? Those damn Furry Fairies!!!

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Mad Poster
#93 Old 3rd May 2022 at 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolspear1
They'll just be Plantsims with wings. Simple is as simple does. The Maxis work ethic.

And don't even think of taking them up the aisle in Weddings pack. Your game, your town, your country will EXPLODE!!!!

Perhaps one of the new Kits will be focused on a "quick divorce settlement" theme, to counteract the potential Armageddon.

But only when it's a full Moon, though. So no rush.

My first mod will be to make a stall that sells silver bullets. There's never enough stalls in TS4. Right? Those damn Furry Fairies!!!


Furry Fairies. Thanks! You're making my already sore ribs even more sore from laughing.

What is interesting about the kit ordeal is they refuse to answer questions about stuff packs. They won't come out and say whether they're done with them or not. Instead, they toss out the usual answer and hope that it satisfies.



https://twitter.com/SimGuruFrost/st...590863167643649

I'm not going to sit here and argue whether what is being said is true or not, but the first three kits were released on March 2, 2021. With these two new additions, that will be 13 kits in just over a year. It is almost as if sans the base game updates, kits are becoming the content. Almost...
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#94 Old 4th May 2022 at 3:05 AM
I want to say yes, but I also want to say no.

I can assume production has slowed down on many packs due to the pandemic, and quality has also been an issue. Therefore, easier tasks were pushed to the center. Using the rule of "Being Told Information I didn't Ask For), I'll assume EA chose to stop production on stuff packs and to focus on getting other packs out the door, and Kits were introduced to kill in gaps in production. Stuff packs still require gameplay objects, and as we can see, much of the gameplay on offer from 2020-present has been quite buggy. Dropping stuff packs was likely done to reduce the strain on the existing team, but it looks bad.

However, gameplay kits are still a thing, so... or were, and were also dropped temporarily for the same reasons: buggy and used up too many resourced better served for other packs. Kits were probably the easier way to bring in revenue between releases because less testing is required for the features.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Smeg Head
#95 Old 4th May 2022 at 4:08 AM
When you say "Testing," you can almost see a bunch of folks over at Maxis HQ opening up dictionaries, reading, scratching their heads while saying, "that's an actual thing in this industry? Who knew?"

Yeah, they thought that's what the magic (furry) fairies did for them. AKA paying customers.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#96 Old 4th May 2022 at 4:18 AM
Seems like Sims 4 Steam sale on now:
https://store.steampowered.com/search/?term=sims+4
Scholar
#97 Old 4th May 2022 at 8:44 AM
Someone explain that new bills system to me please. I saw a screenshot of the bill calculation and that looked interesting about how you can lower utilities bill by generating your own power and collecting and recycling water. But apparently for tax you keep paying tax for objects, not just for the lot? Or was that person renting furniture (not sure if that is an option) maybe? Or does the game keep taxing your bought furniture ? The bills seemed steep for the lot anyway.
Mad Poster
#98 Old 4th May 2022 at 9:12 AM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 4th May 2022 at 10:20 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
I want to say yes, but I also want to say no.

I can assume production has slowed down on many packs due to the pandemic, and quality has also been an issue. Therefore, easier tasks were pushed to the center. Using the rule of "Being Told Information I didn't Ask For), I'll assume EA chose to stop production on stuff packs and to focus on getting other packs out the door, and Kits were introduced to kill in gaps in production. Stuff packs still require gameplay objects, and as we can see, much of the gameplay on offer from 2020-present has been quite buggy. Dropping stuff packs was likely done to reduce the strain on the existing team, but it looks bad.

However, gameplay kits are still a thing, so... or were, and were also dropped temporarily for the same reasons: buggy and used up too many resourced better served for other packs. Kits were probably the easier way to bring in revenue between releases because less testing is required for the features.


I'm not convinced that the pandemic is the major source of the problem. I'm also not going to say that working from home is easy, but Cottage Living was also developed during this ongoing pandemic and while it isn't perfect, it certainly isn't the hot mess that My Wedding Stories is. Obviously this isn't a apples to apples comparison as one is a EP while the other is a GP, but there is clearly quality differences between the two. Simmer Erin did a video of about the breakdown of where money was spent for My Wedding Stories; most of it went to the art dept with very little going towards QA. I don't know what the stats are for Cottage Living, but I'm willing to bet that the QA team was bigger than My Wedding Stories.

My point is if they can create a decent EP in this time, what's the problem with everything else? I'm not looking for answer here as nobody can offer one, but it is all a bit suspect. Then to spice things up a bit more, they turned around and dumped a broken hair with a SDX ( or whatever it is) drop. Nobody had time to check and make sure that toddlers were not having their wigs snatched? Really? Did somebody fart, belch or sneeze that day while they were having a zoom meeting and it disrupted the whole schedule?

If they want to shove 100 more kits out the door, that's on them. However, this whole thing about how kits doesn't effect work on other packs they're trying to send up the flagpole isn't working. If the pandemic is keeping them from doing simple things like checking a hair, there needs to be a round table chat with top brass.

REAL REASON WHY SIMS 4 IS BROKEN (MY WEDDING STORIES PACk)- NEWS, REVIEW & INVESTIGATION 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2z8DrQkMhw

SIMS 4 INVESTIGATION: STORY OF BUGS & BROKEN GAMEPLAY (NO, IT'S NOT MODS)- 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMM5EJos5yw
Field Researcher
#99 Old 4th May 2022 at 1:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
I want to say yes, but I also want to say no.

I can assume production has slowed down on many packs due to the pandemic, and quality has also been an issue. Therefore, easier tasks were pushed to the center. Using the rule of "Being Told Information I didn't Ask For), I'll assume EA chose to stop production on stuff packs and to focus on getting other packs out the door, and Kits were introduced to kill in gaps in production. Stuff packs still require gameplay objects, and as we can see, much of the gameplay on offer from 2020-present has been quite buggy. Dropping stuff packs was likely done to reduce the strain on the existing team, but it looks bad.

However, gameplay kits are still a thing, so... or were, and were also dropped temporarily for the same reasons: buggy and used up too many resourced better served for other packs. Kits were probably the easier way to bring in revenue between releases because less testing is required for the features.


A lot of assumptions here. Pandemic? Are they having trouble securing materials? Securing freight? I’m not following how the pandemic is presenting such an issue for them. They don’t deal with 99% of the logistical factors that ARE impacting companies during the pandemic. The fact they have to remote in, on their developer pcs, and do the same work they normally do? Just… at home? Is that REALLY a good excuse? Not really. I don’t even think CA is on a stay-home order anymore, so why is this flimsy excuse still a thing?

Gameplay kits lol. Not a thing. It’s been over a year, and no word on that. Why assume it’s a thing? Because they did it one time and botched it so badly? You still expecting more refreshes?? I’m not meaning to antagonize (maybe a little) but you can’t seriously be under the assumption that these things that were all but locked in a broom closet in an abandoned EA campus building are still actively in the works. GP kits are dead. They released one, then miraculously have went over a year without making another one or even speaking about them. Are we blaming the pandemic for that too? Bc they have no trouble producing content, they just choose to produce low maintenance content because it’s less work for them. Not because the pandemic has made it hard to do.
Alchemist
#100 Old 4th May 2022 at 5:12 PM
No expansion packs in over a year? lol go flop

what does his name even mean?
Page 4 of 19
Back to top