Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th May 2022 at 10:55 PM
Default How does this Late Night hairstyle work in REAL LIFE?
Hello.

I don't know whether this is the correct place to talk about this, but there is this female hair in Late Night. I have been trying to figure out how would someone achieve this in real life. Do you have any ideas how to create this hairstyle in real life? The hair is put on the top of the head from the back, probably curled inwards, but then how do those two loose chunks of hair come out of it at the sides?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 21st May 2022 at 2:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LiliLiliLili
Hello.

I don't know whether this is the correct place to talk about this, but there is this female hair in Late Night. I have been trying to figure out how would someone achieve this in real life. Do you have any ideas how to create this hairstyle in real life? The hair is put on the top of the head from the back, probably curled inwards, but then how do those two loose chunks of hair come out of it at the sides?

I just went into the bathroom to see if I could replicate it. I hope this makes sense without me having to sketch it:
Pull your hair back fairly tight like you were going to put it into a very high pony tail.
Bring that hair up over your head from the back.
While you do that, adjust the hair on top of your head by pulling it forward (along with the tail) to make to make the hair on top of your head lie flat rather than bunch up. Eventually you end up with what is basically a backwards pony tail.
Take that tail, roll it from the base forward then back under but only into a half roll (basically flip it over just enough to get the smooth roll on top). With the rest of your pony tail (the part after the roll), let the ends that aren't in the half-roll come out to the sides. Basically the two little pig tails are the parts of her hair that aren't rolled
Secure where the half roll touches the top of your head with multiple bobby pins. I'm going to guess you'd need at least 4 to keep it rolled like that for any length of time. Then hairspray in place just to be sure.

You need to have surprisingly long hair to get the side tails. My hair is currently half-way down my back and it came out to be just a little longer in the tails.

Also- it is not a comfortable hair style at all. Keeping it smooth on top takes it being pulled rather tight. Using a load of hair gel would probably help.
Scholar
#3 Old 21st May 2022 at 3:35 AM
I think it's a bun with two clips with false hair attached to them. It doesn't make sense otherwise. You can get different hair pieces like that or an alligator claw clip with a huge wavy pony tail or a hair elastic wreathed in hair for different effects at the drug store. IIRC, that style has it so that the wispy part in the back is a different color than most of the hair on the head, so I think that's what it's meant to mimic. In a quick search, I found this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0885ZCXS...ding=UTF8&psc=1

The Mayflies Legacy- a Random Legacy Story
Field Researcher
#5 Old 22nd May 2022 at 8:15 PM
My theory is that it's it's kinda like when you pull your hair through the scrunchy once, then swoop it back through but don't pull it all the way through so it forms a fat bun with a tail, If you split the tail in half and pinned it it might look similar.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 23rd May 2022 at 1:37 AM
The other thing is that hair in the Sims tends to be somewhat oversized for the size of the head.