Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jul 2022 at 2:04 AM
Default Game keeps crashing in buy mode
So, my game recently started crashing in buy mode when I open up decorations miscellaneous and load past a certain page. What could be causing this?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Jul 2022 at 2:45 AM
You have some bad CC in the decorations/miscellaneous category. Time to do a binary search.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 4th Jul 2022 at 4:09 AM
Likely means you recently put something into your downloads that's causing the crash.

--> Finding problem CC guide

(binary search = 50/50 or 50% method, scroll down)

Since you know roughly what you're looking for - most likely something in deco/misc in a certain price range, since that's where the game is crashing - if you've sorted your CC properly you can temporarily remove things you're certain it's not, like CAS stuff, walls/floors, hood deco, etc., to make the searching process go quicker.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 5th Jul 2022 at 8:08 AM
I had that happen ince where my game crashed on loading after installing some CC and quicly found the cause when I removed my most recent addition and was able to play my game after that item was removed.I would advise keeping track of each set of CC as you install it and backing up the TS2 folder conents right before instaling new CC or Mods in case it goes wrong.I'd take a look at when the crashing first started and check the date when that started happenign and track exaclty what was added just before the issue started and ican lead to fiding the problem CC without having to take wild guesses.