Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th May 2008 at 10:43 PM
Thrill Me A Cover!||Scores posted!||Winners Announced!
(This belongs in other)

Thrill Me A Cover Contest!

How many album covers have you seen that just leave you with your mouth gaping open, bug eyes and all with a stupid smile across your face? How would you like to make others react the same way about your album covers? Yeah well, buckle up, ‘cause now it’s your chance!

This contest is about promoting your band/solo artist through different venues, but most importantly, designing mind blowing covers that will get the fans and critics raving mad about every single one! It might seem like an easy task at first glance, but don’t be fooled. Just look at some of the best covers ever created through our Pop Culture’s history, and you’ll see you’ve got more of a challenge on your hands than you could have ever imagined.

The essential key to succeeding in this contest is originality and creativity. Don’t sell yourself short, wow the public with your works of masterpieces and don’t back down from a good challenge.

And now that we got that covered, on to the Rules *dum dum dum*

Ah, the tedious part of it all, but what makes it organized while eliminating misunderstandings.

A) First and foremost, please adhere to all the official rules and guidelines of the site on contests here
B) Please turn in entries by the allotted time. Of course the ideal thing would be to have everything on time and not have the need for extensions, but in reality it doesn’t always work that way, so just make sure that once you enter the contest you’ll have the time to put into it. Requests will be considered, but understand that if it’s just a ‘last minute’ deal, it might be declined.
C) I think it’s safe to say that photoshopping is allowed. In fact, I would say it’s a must, although if you can work miracles in the game (as I know some of you can) it’s really up to you how you want to go about making your entries.
D) Only one application per contestant. I understand that some would want to tackle several bands through several applications, but to minimize ‘clutter’ and inconsistency, it’s better if you stick to one only for this contest. Besides, focusing only on one could maximize the quality of your work as well.

The overall score will be based upon a fifty point system.

Overall creativity: 25 points
Originalty: 15 points
Execution: 10 points

1) cchagdes
2) Jonesi
3) PlumbBobbed

EJs
1) emodawg
2) Lenoba

*You may enter as the agent of the band/artist or the band/solo artist themselves.
*Your sim if you choose can be from Teen-Elder of any race.

Name: *of the agent, solo artist/band representative
Band/solo stage name:
Genre: *kind of music showcased

Headshot:
*agent/artist/band representative

Official Portraiture: *this is where ‘official’ groups shots are put, and you can choose to make it as a ‘group’ shot or even of each individual member (if this is option is chosen, don’t make the images too big) or two professional shots of the solo artist.

Application Round: due Friday 13th 11:00 pm eastern time Timer
Round 1: 14th-18th
Round 2: 20th-25th
Final Round: 27th-3rd

*this is not including extensions however, of if that is the case, it just might be three rounds in total.

Any donations will be most welcomed!

Alright, many thank yous to Moldova49 for her prize outfits!
The second one is still to come, but for now you can feast on the first outfit.
Pretty in Plaid

PuX-80's Rockafied Band
Kevin Lane Skender (Best Known as 'Wayne Skipper')

Ann 'Airbear' Eron

Evan Trevor

Adam 'Beats' Grove

Thank you, thank you so much Pux! They look awesome! :D

Niles is trying to grow a moustache. So far it is barely visible
Niles: I grant you, it's at an early stage.
Frasier: What stage? Research and development?
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 8:39 PM
Contest Approved
Begins 6.5.08
Ends 7.5.08
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • DO NOT WRITE USELESS POSTS like "Hey cool contest, I think I might join." Reserve type posts and useless posts about coming back with an application will be deleted.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 9:48 PM
Woops! What happens when you got out on a last minute hiatus! LOL I'm here and ready to rumble! Thank you boolPropped

1. Tremayne Beauregard/CisteCaise: Application Round 1 Round 2 Final Round
2. Erika Yamamoto/999rozes: Application Round 1 Round 2 Final Round
3. Justine Wallace/Zaggytiddies: Application Round 1 Round 2 Final Round
4. Karla Lee Nielsen/Sawcarn: Application Round 1 Round 2 Final Round
5. Krye Kirkland/Cinamun: Application Round 1 Round 2 Final Round
6. James O'Reilly/romyhorse: Application Round 1 Round 2 Final Round
7. Skylar Blossomberri/star.lilly: Application Round 1 Round 2 Final Round

:weep: Dropped out or disqualified :weep:
Radial Arm/starwyn: Application Round 1
Quentin Mariachi/SpacemanHPSpiff: Application
Dane Hollander/Rabid: Application Round 1
Hollis Grace/SimsArtThat: Application Round 1
Zane Coulter/BusterBrown: Application Round 1
Lita Dodd/Ebbe: Application Round 1 Round 2

Scores & Comments
Round 1
Round 2
Final Round

Lab Assistant
#4 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 4:36 AM
This looks like a fantastic contest! I sincerely hope you get some applications soon so i can see their entries. If i could come up with just one idea for a cover i would join myself but unfortunately i am not that talented.
Good luck
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 5:22 AM
Yesh, I agree! I really hope people have as much fun with it as I did thinking it up

Psh, talent is good, but ideas is just as great, so if ya got 'em, come on over!

Also, I want to thank the judges for being so kind and generous in pitying me and helping me out by volunteering. 'Tis much appreciated! :dance:

-Ye of backness- :kami:

Scholar
#6 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 5:33 AM
*falls over self*

ieiowet8988!!! I've been waiting for you to get back LOL do you know how hard it is for a contest junkie like myself to wait for an incredible contest like this to open? LOL Your last artistic contest was a complete success, I can't wait to see how this one goes!

/fangirl moment...

Do you know if you'll be able to extend the apps a little longer?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 6:36 AM
*squee!* and I'm a fan of you! Awe, dude, that's cute! :cdance:

Contest junkie! Haha, aren't we all? LOL If I only had more time, I'd be all over the place and in every contest!

Ah, and thank you! I've received several pms about a second cycle and don't worry, that's definitely going up as soon as I think something fabulous for it. I want to switch it up a little too keep it interesting, at least 'till the last cycle.

Honestly I don't know, especially considering that it was my bad to have replied a little late, but if push comes to shove, we could always do the whole application round to round one thing to use the time we have left wisely.

Hopefully, we start to get what we need most, contestants! And then we can go from there. If it fills up quickly, we can very well use the time we got without too much hustling, though that's gonna be always in one way or another, so no fretting LOL

And thank you so much for the kind words, it's really made my day! :D

-Ye of backness-

Scholar
#8 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 7:19 AM
Judge checking in, hope we'll see lotttts of apps! :D
Test Subject
#9 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 7:50 AM
Ooooooh man does this contest ever look fabulous! I sat out Elite Photographer when it ran way back when, and just wowed over the entries, but this time I am so in. I cannot wait!

And just to clarify, this is an imaginary band, correct?
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 1:00 PM
Oh yay, been waiting for you to check in, am so joining! One question: Should the "professional picture" be an album-cover?
#11 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 5:35 PM
When are apps due?
Field Researcher
#12 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 9:03 PM
I'll enter. I don't have pictures, but I will soon. Repeat of the above questions.
Apps due when?
Album cover or band pic?
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 9:07 PM
Judge checking in...i'm here....
Field Researcher
#14 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 10:31 PM
Default Lita Dodd - Jazz Vocals (varied styles)
Name: Lita Dodd
Band/solo stage name: Lita
Genre: Jazz ( vocals )
Headshot:

Official Portraiture:

#15 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 11:11 PM
I was so excited that my post got deleted cause I didn't wait for you to check in.

First of all...Jocus..... *w00t* Do you have any idea how long I waited for you to host another contest??

*spies Buster and Cin and Jonesi too and hugs* You guys know what I mean!

Ok so...can I get some idea of the round deadlines? I have a move coming up and I would hate to miss this!

*runs around the thread spreading happy Jocussy stuff*

Oh and Jocus, reclaim your star! You earned it!
#16 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 11:35 PM
I could be a judge for you!
Please PM me with more details
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 11:43 PM
oooh i have an idea! So i may join after all So good to see people have noticed this contest!
#18 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 11:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by starwyn
oooh i have an idea! So i may join after all So good to see people have noticed this contest!

That's cause Jocus is da bomb...one of the best hosts here ever
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 12:17 AM
wow jocus, you are quite the popular one aren't you where are some old contests for me to have a look at?

ok now let me get this right. I will have a band so i will put
name (band name)
genre (speaks for itself)
headshot: (so this would be a close up of the band? nothing fancy?)
official portrature ( now i'm confused as the description sounds like that above)
Test Subject
#20 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 12:59 AM
*totally agrees with Destin* Jocus IS da bomb, seriously. XD You can take a look at her last contest, Elite Photographer. http://forums.sims2community.com/sh...36&page=1&pp=25

Best contest I've ever seen. Really. *nods* And the talent... *swoons*
Mad Poster
#21 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 1:41 AM
*itches with desire to join* Ah, what the heck. I think I'll put together an application tomorrow... this looks really fun! Not just straight up pictures and Photoshop- I like it. When are apps due?

Elite Photographer was the best contest ever, at least from an outside perspective. So much talent! Whenever I need inspiration for my Sims art photos, I sift through the entries there.

Love your avvie by the way, Jocus . Come discuss with us SN geeks in the Media Center sometime, if you'd like... we'd love to have another swooning fan :D.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Scholar
#22 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 2:06 AM
Gahhhh!!! Of course I'm going away for a bit soon. If I could, I also would like to know round dates and whatnot. I had a GREAT time last time!!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 2:09 AM
Oh wow people, I'm too tan for you to notice that I'm blushing, but I am! And red too! :lovestruc

First off... *mega flying glomps Destin and Buster* Thank you! 'Tis an honor to be officialized (yes I know that's not a word ) as a bomb! And a ticking one at that

No seriously though, thank you for the support and much luff! And wow, I didn't know it was still up! Wow, good times, good times...

Ps. LOL I've actually forgotten where to go to get my star >_<

Ebbe, loving the application! Her pose, the lighting and that very vivid background, love it.

And now to zee questions!

Buster: Yep, yep, any imaginary one you dare fancy

Sawcarn: It's not so much that it 'should be' as could be. Think of the professional portraiture as the head shots or group shots within the booklet itself or as promos.

Starwyn: Yay! I'm glad you decided to join in! Okay, so if you're gonna have a band, next thing is whether you'll have an agent representing them or a 'band representative' (that is a member of the band chosen by the other members to represent them, usually the singer or main guitarist).

As for the professional portraiture, it's not gonna be the album cover itself (that will come in the following rounds) but like promo shots, and if you chose, it could either be of the group together or of each member individually.

*drum roll* and now for the popular question... *takes out Calculus and begins doing equations to find out the due dates* *days go by*

Okay, after extensive calculations... The application round will be due Friday the 13th (it's not as bad luck as you think! lol) at 11:00 pm Eastern Time (my time)

I'll edit the first post to include that and a timer, so it's clearer.

Thank you everyone!

EDIT: *mega flying glomps Rabid and Zaggy too* Okay, not that I mean to be the little she-devil voice to the left of your shoulder, but... JOIN!

Haha, I knows, I just loves dem boys! Cried right through the last episode too! LOL

-Ye of the Jocus- :kami:

Field Researcher
#24 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 5:10 AM
Default Tremayne Beauregard - Amaranth - Application
Name: Tremayne Beauregard
Band Name: Amaranth
Genre: Goth/Darkwave

Rep Headshot:

Group Pictures:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 7:17 AM
Ebbe, ow ow, loving Lita! That head shot is just gorgeous, lighting and all, and I love that you use vivid colors with her. It goes with the genre as well :D

Caise, love the band name! Kind of reminds me of Nazareth But I do love the grunge feel of the portraits, and Eddie's hot

Yay, keep 'em coming! Can't wait to see everyone's apps :banana:

-Ye of the sleepy go-bye-

Page 1 of 11