Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 2:35 AM
Under Construction |Sorry for the closing, prizes given to last 2 contestants. |
This Contest Belongs In Houses

Welcome, to Under Construction, a House Building/Decor Contest. Focusing on Interior Design, and Building, this contest is for all experience types.

1. CC is allowed, but will be kept to a minimum, only 5 CC will be allowed per room. List them below your picture. [Maxis Match] Custom doors, windows, or Maxis recolors will not be counted in your 5 limit, but extracted objects will.

2. You may have up to 2 designers, but they will work in a team. They may be adults or elders, any species.

3. Rounds will be based on GMT Time (Sims 2 Community Forum Time).

4. You will need 1 exterior shot, 1 aerial shot per floor, and at least FOUR interior shots. Apply forum rules. Make sure that your pictures are not monstrously huge or microscopically minuscule. A minimum of 500x450 and a max of 700x700 would work. Try to avoid links; it makes judging a pain. Be nice to our judges, :D.

5. As much as possible, NO DROPOUTS!

6. Photoshopping?
Yes, you can sharpen, titles, borders, suns. Just do not get in the way of the actual 'meat' of the stuff, try not to overcrowd.

7. As this is my first contest, extensions can be given and will be tried; extra days have been reserved.

8. HAVE FUN!!!

If you have any questions :einstein , feel free to contact me in a PM if your question is overlooked here in thread by accident. I apoligze in advance if that happens.

1. grayx3eyedsoul
2. FrenchFlutie10
3. sugaplum

Emegrency Judges
1. grayx3eyedsoul
2. ElektraNatchios33

1. Athena Watts (omgitsashley)//APP\\ // No Round One \\ NO SHOW
2. Kyle Goodson (kattenijin)//APP\\ //Round One \\
3. Bretta McAllistair (ndayeni) //APP\\ //Round One \\ //Round Two\\
4. Elin DeVries (crzyladyi) // APP\\ //Round One \\ ELIMINATED
5. Vivian Montavarious (Night Racer) //APP\\ // Round One \\ ELIMINATED
6. Joseph Arachison (alexisaiger) // APP\\ // Round One \\ // Round One \\
7. Tricia Leigh (ablueidgirl2) //APP\\ // Round One \\

Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 1:49 AM
Contest Approved
Begins 7.2.08
Ends 8.2.08
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • DO NOT WRITE USELESS POSTS like "Hey cool contest, I think I might join." Reserve type posts and useless posts about coming back with an application will be deleted.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 2:54 AM
Checking In.

As this is my first contest, please excuse any errors or complications that occur.
----------------

Please remember to have the Round, Round Name, and your designer[s] name in the title bar. Points will be deducted if not a after application round.

Application:Your portfolio. Should include your designer[s], one picture of your building skills, and one picture showcasing your decorating skills. No creative control, use your imagination. No eliminations. Custom Content Rule ignored. 7/2 to 7/9
Round One: Focus: BUILDING. Start the layout of your one-story ranch. Furnish it as you would a new home. [IE: appliances, stairs, light fixtures, ect.] 7/9 to 7/16
Round Two: Focus: DESIGN. Furnish the home you built above, following the 5 CC in each room rule. Maxis Match is allowed, as are extracted objects. Please list everything under the pictures. 7/17 to 7/25
Round Three: Focus: BOTH Build a bacherlor pad for a young male who has just gotten a large inhertance. The budget is unlimited, and you have to use one of these three: Loft, Apartment, or a one bedroom ranch.
7/26 to 7/30

7/31, 8/1, and 8/2 have been reserved for extensions, problems, and other sorts like that.

Scoring;

You will be scored on:
Follows Round rule correctly: /5
Follows Forum rules correctly: /5
Creativity: /20
Originality: /50
Effort: /10
Custom Content Rule: /10

donations welcome

You *may* be able to win a star; I cannot promise you will definitly get one.

Yellow Abode by Daisie[B]
[Requires: NL, OFB, PETS, SSN, FT]

ALL ROUNDS END 12:00 SIMS2COMMUNITY TIME [GMT]
#4 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 2:58 AM
Default Application//Athena Watts&Hudson Hovannes
I've been waiting for a building contest, i got a little over joyed in my PM

Headshot of designers
boyfriend/girlfriend team. Hudson builds, Athena decorates

one of the many homes Hudson built

one of the rooms Athena decorated

i took a pic of the house, but realized i forgot to use the tab key...grr ill have it later

Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 3:17 AM
Are rounds due at noon or midnight? Do extracted and Maxis Match objects count toward the custom content limit?

Sorry for the questions. I'm going to try to join, but if I can't you can count on a prize from me.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 3:23 AM
Thanks! Maxis Match objects [windows, doors,] or for that matter, any custom windows or doors won't count to your custom content limit, extrated objects will, however, count toward your 5 per room limit.

EDIT: Oh, and, 12:00 at night. I'll be checking the times you submitted your posts.
#7 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 3:40 AM
lol this is deffinately going to be a challenge for me, i love CC and all of my houses have it...i guess i have to start from scratch. hehe
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 3:41 AM
I hope you have fun though, lol.
#9 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 3:42 AM
oh i will im a decorating freak, but sooo horrid at landscaping

what is extracted objects?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 3:47 AM
Objects hidden in game files, and the taken out; 'extracted', from the files and made into objects. They are on MTS2, just look for 'extracted'.
#11 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 3:49 AM
ok thanks!
Test Subject
#12 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 3:58 AM
This sounds like a great contest! I love building contests!!!

Just one question...

Is photoshopping allowed, for things like titles and adding borders??
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 4:01 AM
Default Application Round
Yes, you can sharpen, titles, borders, suns. Just do not get in the way of the actual 'meat' of the stuff, try not to overcrowd. :D

EDIT: Any more apps?

EDIT II:

Application:Your portfolio. Should include your designer[s], one picture of your building skills, and one picture showcasing your decorating skills. No creative control, use your imagination. No eliminations. Custom Content Rule ignored. 7/2 to 7/9

#14 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 7:34 PM
are we decorating with couches, tables and decorations during the app round too? or just main stuff like lights and stairs, windows and doors and stoves and those things that are usually included. im not quite understanding. the above post, is that the app round? the dates are the 9th?-16th? im confused. lol maybe im seeing something wrong
Scholar
#15 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 7:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grayx3eyedsoul
Yes, you can sharpen, titles, borders, suns. Just do not get in the way of the actual 'meat' of the stuff, try not to overcrowd. :D

EDIT: Any more apps?

EDIT II:

enter image here

Focus: BUILDING. Start the layout of your one-story ranch. Furnish it as you would a new home. [IE: appliances, stairs, light fixtures, etc.] 7/9 to 7/16

The house is to built for a high-class family who wants a one story home. They want the bedrooms to be near the family room and kitchen, yet to have some privacy for when they entertain. Have fun!

How many bedrooms? baths? half-baths? etc...

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Scholar
#16 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 7:55 PM
Default Application-Kyle Goodson
Kyle:

Building:

Decorating:
This is the first level of 1313 Mockingbird Lane (aka The Munster's home)
I chose this because it shows how the theme runs throughout the home, and because it is all EA content.
If you prefer a single room, let me know and I'll change it.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kattenijin
How many bedrooms? baths? half-baths? etc...

I want you guys to have all creative control, aside from a few things. The family has four members: Dad, Mom, Brother, Sister. I'll put up the family details in the second round.

Good to have you though, kattenijin. Sorry your contest didn't work out. I really liked it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omgitsashley
are we decorating with couches, tables and decorations during the app round too? or just main stuff like lights and stairs, windows and doors and stoves and those things that are usually included. im not quite understanding. the above post, is that the app round? the dates are the 9th?-16th? im confused. lol maybe im seeing something wrong

Nope, just lights, fixtures, tubs, cabinets, wallpaper, carpets. Basically what you would find when you purchase a brand new home. Thank you for pointing that out, I fixed it.
Test Subject
#19 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 1:31 AM
For our pictures, can we use a collage to show both angles of the rooms, special accents, and designs we're using? As long as it meets the size requirements?

Oh and for the app round are we decorating the house as if someone is living in it (couches, tables, exdra...) or a new house (cabinets, tubs, lighting, exedra)??

Cause i've already started decorating?!?!?!?!! :gonemad:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 2:59 AM
For your pictures, you have all creative control. Just stay within the sizing limits, ;]

For app, you decorate as if it was a new house...
I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure it's in the App Round Rules..
#21 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 3:10 AM
ill have my finished app up probably around the 5th or 6th, ill be away for the fourth of july
#22 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 7:43 PM
This sounds really interesting but I have a question.

Quote: Originally posted by grayx3eyedsoul
1. CC is allowed, but will be kept to a minimum, only 5 CC will be allowed per room. List them below your picture.[Maxis Match] Custom doors, windows, will not be counted in your 5 limit, but extracted objects will.

Does this limited CC rule apply to only the meshes or recolors too? In other words, are recolors of Maxis meshes limited too?
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 9:48 PM
Default Bretta McAllistair - Application
My Designer: Bretta McAllistair

Exterior of House I built:

This house was designed for a young couple with a small child. Meant to suit a modest budget, though a bit more than one of a couple just starting out. They wanted plenty of open yard space that could be developed as their daughter grew and their interests evolved. (CC used: Gable decoration, Maxis fence recolor, Maxis stairs edited to be recolorable, Maxis Match windows, Maxis Match columns on porch)

Room I decorated:

This living room was done for a single male.

EDIT: Changed decor pic to show a room fully decorated to be in keeping with what other applicants have posted. It is from a Maxis lot bin house that I did a makeover on.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 10:54 PM
I like the home, but for application, you showcase your designs in the game, or newly built, and for application you can use Custom Content. Sorry if this wasn't clear before, but the house you built if very nice!
#25 Old 6th Jul 2008 at 12:17 AM
And my question up there ^ was ignored. So nevermind then.

Page 1 of 5