Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jul 2008 at 9:42 PM
Default Happily Ever After- Discontinued...
Please put this contest in "Other"
Happily Ever After- A Fairy Tale Contest

Little Red Riding Hood. Jack and the Beanstalk. The omnipresent Cinderella. All classic stories, all happy endings, all fairy tales. Well, now its your turn to tell the next great fairy tale, the classical story of good and evil, of happily ever after, of magic and luck and courage and all that jazz.

Rounds
Application: The Hero of the Tale (8/10 to 8/17 [will take apps during round one] Application Results
Round One: The Prize at the End of the Quest: (8/18 to 8/28)
Round Two: Don't Forget the Villain(8/28 to 9/4)
Round Three: Happily Ever After(9/4 to 9/12)

Judges/Judging
This contest will take three main judges. Please PM me if you are interested in being a judge. Do not PM me if you will not be able to get your scores to me within 28 hours of me sending the judging PM (8:00PM GMT-4). I would prefer judges that have judged and/or hosted a contest before. Also, DO NOT ask to judge in the thread, I will only look at PM'ed requests.
1.SilentPsycho
2.neurophobic
3.Psy10
Emergency judges:
1.simcharley1990
2.Lethe_s

Entries will be judged on creativity (20%), storytelling (40%), Pictures (30%), and following the round criteria (10%). Full Criteria

Rules
-Follow all S2C forum and contest forum rules
-Get entries in on time- I will allow ~24 hours of overlap into the next round, with no penalty, any more than that is grounds for elimination. I am not planning on putting room for extensions into the contest, so get your entries in on time.
-If you must drop out, PM me.
-That said, don't apply if you don't expect to be able to see the contest through
-All stories must follow the classical fairy tale format, y'know hero takes on impossible odds to win unnattainable goal, some magic sprinkled liberally in, and a happy ending.
-Bonuses will be curved, and it will not be a seperate task, more something to include in the main round.
-The story's protagonist is your sim, don't be clever- I will ask you to change it if its too much of a stretch
-Applications will be judged for points
-Scoring will be cumulative, and there are no eliminations

Application
Character's Name:
Character's Age:
Tell us a little bit about your character's world:
Include a short biography:
Include also:
-One headshot
-One bodyshot
-One freeshot

Contestants
1.Hazel Spruce: Application
2.Robin Fields: ApplicationRound One
3.Valentine (Ace) Tyler: Application
etc.

Prizes
If anyone would like to donate a prize, 'twould be appreciated.

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 2:40 AM
Contest Approved
Begins 8.10.08
Ends 9.10.08
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • DO NOT WRITE USELESS POSTS like "Hey cool contest, I think I might join." Reserve type posts and useless posts about coming back with an application will be deleted.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 2:41 AM
Checking in! Can't wait to see what lovely fairy tales will come out! Any questions, comments, concerns, confusions or other hard C sounds will be addressed as soon as I get them... so yah, can't wait to see some apps chaps!

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 4:14 AM
Default Faq
FAQ
Or, to be strictly accurate, questions that were asked once and I don't want to answer frequently

1. Do entries have to be classical Cinderella in a blue dress fairy tales, or can they be modernized?
No, they do not have to be like that. The only requirements for the story itself (beyond what is specified in each round) is that there be a happy ending, and that magic play some role in the story. It is alright if this is forced. Any other modern element, random thing, or inexplicable doodad is welcomed and encouraged. I would prefer not to read ten versions of Cinderella in a blue dress!

2. Will this contest require custom content?
I do not think you will desperately need custom content for this contest. I would recommend tailoring your story to the pictures you'll be able to take, as opposing to tailoring the pictures to the story like some one with CC could, but with a bit of creativity (which you are judged on) you should be more than able to put together a good entry without CC!

3. What age group is this contest for?
It doesn't really matter, but I would recommend teen to elder. If you have a good story involving a heroic toddler or child you can do it, but the story should have a reason for why the hero is a toddler or child. So if its a Cinderella knock off you can't score well just having Cinderella be a ten year old, there has to be an explanation of why a ten year old cares about marrying prince charming, and in round three why prince charming would marry a ten year old.

4. My sim sometimes doesn't dress as herself (e.g., she impersonates a guy, dresses as an old woman etc.). Can I use another sim to be her at these times?
Sure! As long as the continuity works in your storyline, and your pictures aren't /that/ out of continuity, it should work beautifully and there would be nothing that would have points taken off. Of course, don't have random people who look vaguely like your sim pop up with no explanation!

#5 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 5:07 PM
Wow this contest sounds fun i think i might join but i have one problem, i don't use cc in my game because it crashes and causes problems so will i need it in this contest???
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 7:59 PM
Nicole123- I do not think you will need custom content for this contest. I would recommend tailoring your story to the pictures you'll be able to take, as opposing to tailoring the pictures to the story like some one with CC could, but with a bit of creativity (which you are judged on) you should be more than able to put together a good entry without CC.

Lab Assistant
#7 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 1:01 AM
I remember a contest something like this a long long time ago! It was SO much fun!

I'm Michele D......
Test Subject
#8 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 12:09 AM
what age group is this contest for? (does it matter?)

___xoxo
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 12:27 AM
Goabigail: You mean what age should the sim be? Doesn't really matter, but I would recommend teen to elder. If you have a good story involving a heroic toddler or child you can do it, but the story should have a reason for why the hero is a toddler or child. So if its a cinderella knock off you can't jsut have cinderella be a ten year old,there has to be an explanation of why a ten year old cares about marrying prince charming, and in round three why prince charming would marry a ten year old.

I hope that that made sense?

Instructor
#10 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 12:55 AM
This looks Cool I'm deffently in
#11 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 10:55 PM
I am a little confused about what this contest is about. Will we be writing different stories or posting pictures? I just don't know.
#12 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 11:49 PM
I think it's a combination of both. You're basically making up your own Fairytale.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 11:52 PM
Moldova: Each person will make up a fairy tale, that is the primary purpose of the contest, and the pictures will just go along with the story. You will be both writing a story and posting pictures.

I hope that cleared it up for you?

#14 Old 14th Aug 2008 at 9:06 PM
Default Hazel Spruce
Character's Name: Hazel Spruce
Character's Age: 29
A little bit about my character's world: It takes place in the far past, during the late pioneer ages. Everyone in the village is poor accept for Princess Bella and her father, the King.
Biography: Hazel Spruce is married to Peter Spruce, no children. Peter Spruce is a blacksmith while Hazel takes care of the house. Hazel is also a very good cook, but the Spruce family is quite poor.

Headshot

Bodyshot

Freeshot
Peter and his wife Hazel while jealous Princess Bella lurks around(...)

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 14th Aug 2008 at 9:45 PM
Thanks so much for the app SpicyCookies, she's lovely, and your pictures are beautiful in general! I will add her to the list right now, and thank you again for applying!

#16 Old 14th Aug 2008 at 9:46 PM
NP, and just to tell you know, I think this contest looks totally awesome!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 15th Aug 2008 at 1:23 AM
Default Robin Fields
I hope I did a halfway decent job on this. :P

Character’s Name: Robin Fields
Character’s Age: 16
Tell us a little about the characters world: Soville is a town plagued with witches and warlocks. They will stop at nothing to brainwash anyone they can to become their slaves, and do their dirty work.
Biography: Robin Fields lives in a small cabin at the edge of Soville hill. He lives with his father, Phillip, and sister Katie. But, Katie has been sucked into the ways of the witches, and Robin is determined to get her out.

Headshot:

Bodyshot

Freeshot
(Katie and Robin, fooling around before she changed.)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 15th Aug 2008 at 5:08 PM
Spicycookies- *blushies* Hope I can meet your expectations!
Tina- Thanks for applying, adding him to the list now.

Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 15th Aug 2008 at 5:10 PM
wow, your two entries are great Hazel Spruce, Robin Fields

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
#20 Old 15th Aug 2008 at 7:57 PM
Okay I think I understand. Sadly I cannot join, something came up in my family. Maybe next time though.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 16th Aug 2008 at 7:02 AM
Hey, this is one of your judges checking in. The apps so far look amazing, but let's see some more! :D
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 17th Aug 2008 at 11:11 PM
Another judge popping in. Get those apps in NOW, or I'll be forced to hunt people down. :P

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 17th Aug 2008 at 11:12 PM
I had planned on having the application round be judged... but that doesn't look like it'd be very fair, given the small quantity of apps I have received... So unless eight more people apply in the next ~26 hours, I will have the application round be worth about a third as much, the applications I receive in round one not be scored, and the ones that are in on time will have that score be bonus. Unless I get enough in to not have having applied on time provide an insurmountable advantage.

#24 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 2:21 PM
This looks like reallyy funn, but I don't know if I'll get the app in on time.

I'll definately get it in by tonight, but I hope that's not too late. [It's 4:30pm for me right now].

When will round one be posted?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 4:54 PM
Apps are due for points by 8:12 GMT-4.
Round One will be posted sometime in between 8:15 and 8:30. All times are in GMT-4.

Page 1 of 3