Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Project: Apocalypse- New Lots, Objects, and Outfit unlocks for your survivor sims!

by DaveyDaVinci Posted 3rd Apr 2010 at 10:51 PM - Updated 7th Apr 2010 at 5:43 PM by DaveyDaVinci

67 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 50 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Instructor
Original Poster
#2 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 10:54 AM Last edited by DaveyDaVinci : 22nd Mar 2010 at 7:32 AM.
Default Project: Apocalypse...Brownstone Apartments
These two lots once housed totally different types of sims. Once luxurious, these Brownstone Apartments have spiraled into disrepair.

They sit on a 40x30 lot and cost 235168 furnished, 177830 unfurnished

There are four apartments, and each has 2 bedrooms except the last, which has 4. Each apartment also has 3 bathrooms except the last which has 4.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Project Apocalypse Brownstones.rar (2.45 MB, 4031 downloads)

No, u can't haz cheezburger
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 11:01 AM Last edited by DaveyDaVinci : 22nd Mar 2010 at 7:33 AM.
Default Project Apocalypse: Slums
Polar opposite of the luxurious Brownstones sit the run down slums of the city. However, irony has not overlooked the city as they stand just as rundown as the Brownstones.

These sit on a 40x40 lot and are priced at 268465 furnished, 204660 Unfurnished.

There are 15 apartments in this building, each has 1 bathroom, and depending on the apartment, it's either a studio, 1, or 2 bedroom.

The bottom left part of the building is unfurnished. I went to finish it, and my computer didn't want to run this lot anymore. So I added some clutter and rubble, and according to the story that part of the building has collapsed. I tried to finish it =(.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Project Apocalypse Apartments.rar (2.08 MB, 3572 downloads)

Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 11:03 AM Last edited by DaveyDaVinci : 6th Apr 2010 at 10:03 AM.
Default Project Apocalypse Grunge Objects
Obviously with the ravages of zombies and time, objects in the sims world have become destroyed. Here are some custom objects.

Every item is recolourable, and keeps the original maxis channels.

Most items are just deco, however, the TV still works and can be found under electronics, and the shadeless floor lamp and the shadeless table lamp work as well, and are found under lighting. The curtains are found with the normal curtains, as are the paintings. Everything else is deco-misc
Known *Non* Issue - I used the pedestal to clone these. I kept the footprint of the pedestal for this reason: You can place many of these objects, even the larger ones, close together, for a true cluttered feeling, and sims will still be able to get around, albeit with a little clipping. I also used the pedestal because of the stackability: The larger objects are a decent height that you can stack smaller things on top of them.

Poly counts and price
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Grungy Objects Meshes.rar (2.09 MB, 4214 downloads)

Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 11:02 AM Last edited by DaveyDaVinci : 31st Mar 2010 at 12:02 AM.
Default Project Apocalypse Survivors
Every cliched survivalist sim needs a cliched work uniform!

In this file are the work uniforms, and they include fireman, apron, leather outfit, nurse, repairman, and policewoman.

These are all maxis career unlocks and can be found in everyday-outfits.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  CareerOutfitUnlocks.rar (1.91 MB, 1681 downloads)

Lab Assistant
#6 Old 3rd Apr 2010 at 10:59 PM
Zomgomgomgomgomgomg
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#7 Old 3rd Apr 2010 at 11:24 PM
This is awesome, looks totally like a cozy home for zombies!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#8 Old 3rd Apr 2010 at 11:28 PM
Nice work Davey - those unlocks should come in handy for story tellers, and I love the atmospheric indoor pics.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Instructor
#9 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 12:02 AM
Phenomenal! I agree with Leesester, it's an awesome "atmospheric" addition to our game. Great job, Davey!
Banned
#10 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 12:11 AM
Nice! .
Field Researcher
#11 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 12:17 AM
Absolutely fantastic! And I agree, these lots & the unlocked outfits bring so many possibilities to mind! The lots could, with work of course, be converted into "Tombs" for exploring with all sorts of traps too! Kind of like that big old house in one of the Adventures! One could have a bunch of Mummies (Zombies) running around, spreading the "zombie curse" to unsuspecting sims. Ooo, this is beginning to sound like a few horror movies I've seen! LOL! Very nice work on the broken & turned over furniture too. I love it ALL! Thank you so very much for doing this and sharing with us!

Not having a sig IS my sig. Oh wait, this is a sig, isn't it? Nevermind...
Forum Resident
#12 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 12:35 AM
Nice, i currently play Metro 2033 and this lot reminds me of the destroyed moscow. You put alot effort into this kudos!

-> My "Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines" Sims: > CLICK <
-> "My Fav music" playlist: >> Listen <<
-> Liquid Drum & Bass at it's best: > Liquicity <
-> Swiss Groove - the world's grooviest webradio! Music which moves your body & soul: > SwissGroove Website <
Mad Poster
#13 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 12:43 AM
Wow, this looks fantastic, what a great project!
Zombie Socks
#14 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 12:45 AM
I mentioned I love you right? Because I totally do. This is all AMAZING. And all the grunge and the way you got the building just right is just...totally amazing. Thank you so much! *hug hug hug*

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Scholar
#16 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 1:01 AM
one word: masterpiece
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 1:23 AM
....freaking fantastic.
Mother Function
retired moderator
#18 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 1:27 AM
You are kinda....kinda....a tad bit awesome :D

looks bitchin! Like totally! *hair flip*

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Instructor
#19 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 1:33 AM
Yay, finally it's up! That was only like, 2 weeks no? In any case it's sitll amazing!

Find me on YouTube!
Flabaliki - General gaming
TheSimSupply - Videos all about The Sims!
Mad Poster
#20 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 1:39 AM
I love you. :o

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#21 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 2:29 AM
Woah, kick-ass-titude is off the charts, man! Awesome stuff coming from the davey workshops! :D

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Instructor
#22 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 7:59 AM
This is Amazing!
You are really good at building. Keep it up!
Has a vampire viking fetish
retired moderator
#23 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 12:46 PM
Absolutely awesome Davey! I love the creepy screenies so much.

You are so hot right now.

<3 you. xox
Test Subject
#24 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 1:44 PM
Good to see it finally made it here, Davey. You did a truly amazing job with this. Love how the story flows. I cannot wait to see what else is planned for this. Great work.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 2:25 PM
YES!! Sideways objects! I totally need those for something I'm working on!

"I've been really busy being dead. You know, after you murdered me. But I think we can put our differences behind us. For science. you monster"

-GLaDOS
Page 1 of 3