Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Tartan McBadgerface
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Dec 2019 at 7:29 PM
Default Scumbumbo has passed away
We have some very sad new to share. It was brought to our attention that Scumbumbo died around six months ago.

Our thoughts and condolences are with his friends and family during this difficult time and we would like to leave this thread open for members of the community to remember all of Scumbumbo's hard work and his helpful nature.

Scumbumbo was known in the community for not only being a very creative and talented modder for TS4, but also for being incredibly friendly and considerate along with it. He paved the way for a lot of other creators, with much of his work being at the core of many of today's favourite mods.

We have without a doubt, lost a great person and we hope that his loved ones are able to find peace.
72 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 6th Dec 2019 at 7:52 PM
This is such devastating news - I too would like to offer my thoughts and condolences to his friends and family, and to all those here on MTS who knew him...

...Titanium white...
Mad Poster
#3 Old 6th Dec 2019 at 8:53 PM
Very sad news. Used his mods a lot. You never quite get to know anyone personally on a forum like this, but people are known by their demeanor and their contributions to the community. In that way you can know someone and appreciate them for who they are. The loss of someone who made the community a better place is something we should come together for, because even as strangers we do all play a small part in one of the enjoyable aspects of life - Simming.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Instructor
#4 Old 6th Dec 2019 at 9:21 PM
Looking through his old catalog. Sim Teleporter Destination Mod. Definitely a hit. I'm holding on to that one, since I don't know if it will ever get updated. (Who would even have the clearance to do so?) Was trying to find records of if I've used anything else of his. Some decorative boxes, maybe, at one time? Seems like he was a good guy. Anyone know the cause of death? I'm reminded of someone I knew on Facebook that was an awesome contributor to several groups...who died in a motorcycle accident one day, and that was it. Poof. Almost like he never existed. Can't remember his name now, but he had a cat avatar and it was pretty cool.

I imagine as more word of this spreads, news of Scumbumbo's demise will eventually reverberate. Maybe not as badly as when Quxxn died; but still. I'll check YouTube to see if any fans made tribute or eulogy vids.

UPDATE: So far, it doesn't appear most of YouTube is aware of this yet. Trying to find anything else about him, but all I found so far was this video walkthrough of Sea of Thieves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmUYcoMiKdk

It does turn out that his work was essential to Sacrificial developing the Armageddon Mod, which is totally worth checking out. (Some of the most fun I've ever had with mods!)

You can find me on the Sims 4 Gallery as DozerfleetProd. If you have XBox One or PS4, please test out my creations, and let me know if / how well they work on consoles.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 6th Dec 2019 at 9:37 PM
Oh so sad
Scholar
#6 Old 6th Dec 2019 at 10:21 PM
Very sad to hear. My heart goes out to his family. He was a talented modder and he will be sorely missed within the community. May he rest in peace.

Visit MissyHissy's Job Centre and MissyHissy's Job Centre Forum for additional career help.
Visit MissyHissy's Irish Dance Studio
The Daily Plumbob, a Sims 4 Gameplay blog
Test Subject
#7 Old 6th Dec 2019 at 11:16 PM
This is such sad news. His mods were some of the first I ever used with Sims 4 first came out. Like many have said already his mods paved the way for other modders in the community and he was such a friendly person on here to talk to. My condolences go out to his friends and family.
Test Subject
#8 Old 6th Dec 2019 at 11:22 PM
I'm sorry to ask but how reliable is this source ?

I sincerely hope this is not true.
Tartan McBadgerface
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Dec 2019 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RedFaction
I'm sorry to ask but how reliable is this source ?

I sincerely hope this is not true.

It would take an incredibly messed up person to post a false story like that and while this is entirely possible, if pretty specific, gainless and far-fetched, we are assuming that the source is accurate and taking it for what it is until proven otherwise. That is not to say that this thread is somewhere to post theories though.
Test Subject
#10 Old 7th Dec 2019 at 1:15 AM
That's a terrible shame. I thought it was odd, with how quickly they used to update, that they just stopped. My heart goes out to their family.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 7th Dec 2019 at 2:03 AM
Talented and always kind.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 7th Dec 2019 at 11:43 AM
Incredibly sad news. I was shocked when I saw the tribute mod on the front page. I've used snippets of chats he had with other modders to figure out and help with my own projects.
Always a tragedy when someone passes away. He will be missed, he's left a mark, and will be fondly remembered.
RIP Scumbumbo <3
Test Subject
#13 Old 7th Dec 2019 at 1:52 PM
I am very saddened by this news... he really was a talented modder and I enjoyed all of his mods. My condolences to his loved ones. You can see someone doing well one day, and then they can suddenly pass the next day. RIP Scumbumbo
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 7th Dec 2019 at 2:46 PM Last edited by JasonRMJ : 7th Dec 2019 at 5:02 PM. Reason: elaborating his mods
Goodbye, Scumbumbo Rest in Peace, I have used his faster gardening mods before, and it helped my gardening task tremendously.

It's sad to me that in a lifetime here in the community, I've had already encountered Beosboxboy's and Mootilda's passing as well as Sumbumbo. May all of you REST in EVER LOVE and PEACE.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 7th Dec 2019 at 6:33 PM
Sad to hear of a a fellow simmer's passing. Thank you for all your work you did in the modding community. May he rest in peace!
#16 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 12:11 AM
Of course I will pay my condolences again for Scumbumbo. I hope he is at peace and his family is in good spirits. Also, I just wanted people to know that since June other modders who he was in contact with/or people who knew how to mod his mods have been doing that. Most, if not all his mods are being checked and updated by others for the patches. I know Andrew has control of his teleporter mod. And Don't Eat/Prep/XML Injector are all as well, and are working and will continue to by others. So rest assured, his mods and Legacy will live on. *So check Discord, here, and the Sims forum for updates to his mods when need be*
dodgy builder
#17 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 1:11 AM
Oh blimey, so sad. RIP. I used several mods and stuff frum him, but I don'r remember which right now.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 1:20 AM
i am so sad and sorry, sending love and hugs for his family and loved ones.
Space Pony
#19 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 2:49 AM
Aww, that's sad. I don't play TS4 and so am not familiar with him or his mods, but it's always terrible to lose a valued community member. Best wishes to all who are mourning.

pronouns: they/them
Test Subject
#20 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 2:54 AM
RIP Scumbumbo. This is absolutely sad.
Quote: Originally posted by BulldozerIvan
Looking through his old catalog. Sim Teleporter Destination Mod. Definitely a hit. I'm holding on to that one, since I don't know if it will ever get updated. (Who would even have the clearance to do so?) Was trying to find records of if I've used anything else of his.

Scumbumbo abandoned this mod in 2016 (teleporter Statue). It is updated by Andrew since then.
Test Subject
#21 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 6:27 AM
That's sad to hear, RIP to him. Two of my favorite mods were made by him. Sending love and hugs to his family and loved ones.
Test Subject
#22 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 7:09 AM
Really sorry to hear this
He was a great contributor to the community and will be missed!

Rest In Peace Scumbumbo
Scholar
#23 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 8:49 AM
RIP Scumbumbo, you were one of the best. <3

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Test Subject
#24 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 11:06 AM
My deep condolences.

The Mod conflict detector and the teleport mod I use regularly. He also created some useful tools for modders. A lose to the modding community.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 11:33 AM
After saying goodbye to Lulu265 last year. Another valued community member has passed away. I am very sad to read this and i offer my condolences to his family and friends. He will be missed terribly.
Page 1 of 4