Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Sep 2021 at 8:52 AM
Default Putting In Occupied Lot? Joe and Jane Tutorial?
So, I looked up tutorial Joe and Jane for my game because I thought it would be fun to have those two around for the actual game. I've found a forum that has them, but turns out they're on an occupied lot, not a custom sim.
Would this be okay to put in my neighborhood? I have read putting an occupied lot would cause corruption in the wiki, but I don't think they have neighbors in their neighborhood to cause the corruption? I'm not sure.
Link to Tutorial Joe and Jane: https://modthesims.info/t/57910
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Sep 2021 at 11:13 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 3rd Oct 2021 at 1:04 PM.
Would not put that lot in a neighborhood (or quite frankly, saved game) you cared about.

I'm not sure if anyone has safely extracted the tutorial sims before, but putting them on an occupied lot and uploading is not the most brilliant idea I've seen...

If it's just the sims (that's a bit unclear from the post) you can probably extract them so they're safe to use, but do it in a "throwaway game" so you don't screw up anything in your current one.

Mini tutorial below, but at your own risk:
(I recommend using a throwaway save to be doubly sure you don't mess up anything)

Inventor
#3 Old 28th Sep 2021 at 2:46 PM
This was recently asked here https://modthesims.info/showthread....hlight=tutorial

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 29th Sep 2021 at 12:12 AM
If you want them and their house to be safe they both need cleaning. I would use a new sims 2 test folder myself.

1. Install them and the house into a toss-away hood.
2. Load the hood and move them out to the sim bin.

3.For the sims load up SimPE and extract them.
4. then open Body shop and clone them. Delete the extracts and save the clones.

5. For the lot you will need simPE, the Lot Compressor by Mootilda and the file by Chris Hatch to remove the sim references from the house. https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=609188 scroll down to method two. (or you can do the manual method with just simPE)
7. Package the clean lot and install it into your real game so it's now in the lot bin in all hoods.

8. Delete the throw-away hood and use the clean lot and cloned sims in your real hood. The sims should show up in CAS.

Lol I should read up ^ before I answer.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#5 Old 3rd Oct 2021 at 6:31 AM
I've reported the original post sharing the lot in hopes it gets taken down, as we've learned a bunch about game corruption since 2005. Search engines sometimes do more bad than good. :p
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Oct 2021 at 12:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Would not put that lot in a neighborhood (or quite frankly, saved game) you cared about.

I'm not sure if anyone has safely extracted the tutorial sims before, but putting them on an occupied lot and uploading is not the most brilliant idea I've seen...

If it's just the sims (that's a bit unclear from the post) you can probably extract them so they're safe to use, but do it in a "throwaway game" so you don't screw up anything in your current one.

Mini tutorial below, but at your own risk:
(I recommend using a throwaway save to be doubly sure you don't mess up anything)

Sorry, I'm not so good when it comes to getting my words clear out there.
I mean just getting the sims, not the lot. However I'm also asking what to do because I already have this lot in my bin, just haven't put them in the neighborhood.
I believe I've tried restarting a neighborhood before for a house I wanted to delete in bin (unoccupied, however had been lived in by the Oldies for a bit to test it out) but it has stayed even after the restart and I'm not sure what to do, especially since this lot has sims in them and I don't know if that means if my game is fully going to corrupt.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 13th Oct 2021 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NimaSims
Sorry, I'm not so good when it comes to getting my words clear out there.
I mean just getting the sims, not the lot. However I'm also asking what to do because I already have this lot in my bin, just haven't put them in the neighborhood.
I believe I've tried restarting a neighborhood before for a house I wanted to delete in bin (unoccupied, however had been lived in by the Oldies for a bit to test it out) but it has stayed even after the restart and I'm not sure what to do, especially since this lot has sims in them and I don't know if that means if my game is fully going to corrupt.

Just extract and clone them, it's quite easy.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8 Old 13th Oct 2021 at 6:17 PM
The tutorial above shows how to place the lot in a throwaway game so you don't accidentally damge your regular game. The Pixel-Trade link has a full tutorial on extracting sims. Just skip the part about extracting/cleaning the house if you're not interested in it (you still need to place the house to get the sims), and you're good.