Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Sep 2021 at 5:40 PM Last edited by LUCPIX : 28th Sep 2021 at 11:11 PM.
Infamous Llama Ad from Sims 2 Beta's Plasma TV
Unofficial Sims Archaeologist at your service.
The average Sims 2 beta lover knows that a central point of "puzzliness" when it comes to the game's artifacts is the little mysterious "gif"-ish animation (not an AVI!) that has once displayed on the televisions, presumably a real-world commercial for the classic Sims

One of those intelligent and dope Sims 2 people has then found that it, in fact, was one of those infamous and cheesy sitcom-based Sims 1 ads, like the one with the child in hilariously inappropriate mature-pero-no-much scenarios but... as opposed to all of its commercial takes available around the interwebs until then, this one displays a beautiful DOMESTIC LLAMA and a furious purple Will Genius. For a long time, this is what was ultimately known about this rare version — which you, obviously, find @ final Sims 2's texture database:

Good news! We have got its original video version! In its full 480i glory! As well as the whole 8-video pack! And they're sharp and dope as hell, as you can presume!

WordsWordsWords:
Originally as MOV user downloadable Sims Livin' Large commercials (obviously, later temporarily sampled as the Beta Sims 2's television display animation, hence this thread)
Directed by: Alex Loomis
December 2000
"Hot Tub"
"Llama"
"Pie Gag"
"Pizza Man"
"Rave"
"Strip Poker"
"Vibrating Bed"
"Chemistry Set"

Thank you very much

(Whether or not this thread should be posted in this forum's "Sims 1" subforum is a matter of context; but, as you'll see, the "Sims 2 artifact" variable of this question is reasonably louder than the "Original Sims 1 stuff" is, or they have the same category weight! But anyway! It's very likely that my Sims 1 people already knew this!)

PIAZZI ROCKS
(so do you)
lixcpu@gmail.com
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Sep 2021 at 6:21 PM
Oh wow, where did you dig these up from?
Brilliant- they capture the surreality of the game perfectly!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Sep 2021 at 8:10 PM
Ah It was a hell of a long journey, as it is typical from the nicest finds, talk about the 1999 sneak peek clips from last year. I've got to say that things have become infinitesimally easier once I learnt who was the blessed soul that DIRECTED the commercial (he, by the way, also did those popular "Casting for The Sims" ones, hence their similar production dates!!) and I'm so damn thrilled right now.

PIAZZI ROCKS
(so do you)
lixcpu@gmail.com