Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Bespoke Lot Pack - 15 Houses

by Honeywell Posted 21st Jul 2018 at 6:56 PM - Updated 25th Jul 2018 at 1:15 PM by Honeywell

57 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 21 Feedback Posts, 35 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Theorist
Original Poster
#26 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 1:08 PM
@Qahne That's exactly the reason - no decent layout. I like it too so I haven't given up on it yet. If I'm remembering correctly expanding the footprint to be able to put in a decent layout messed up the roof line. Hopefully when I go back to it I'll come up with something that works.

@MereltheDutchy It's the 1/2 height foundation causing that - I'm sorry I should have made a note of it. Shastakiss talks about it here:

"LARGE DOG EDIT: I found out that large dogs can't live in houses with one or two-click decks, their actions just fall out of their queue. Small dogs and cats will use the little stairs, no problem. Toddlers will too with rebecah's mod (I haven't tested it with kittens or puppies yet but I'm pretty sure they'd be fine too). HugeLunatic has some non-animated modular steps with an invisible recolor that work though!"

Lunies Simple Passage steps are HERE if you want to use them.
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 7:47 AM
Wow. I want to create a new neighbourhood just for these houses! They're wonderful.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#28 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 12:46 AM
Thank you so much! I downloaded all of the houses to use in my Uberhood! My town's population is increasing rapidly and I was running out of houses to use. This set is perfect for those of us who aren't builders.
Forum Resident
#29 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 10:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Qahne
These are gorgeous, and so playable! I think I like the Dutch Colonial most of all but you have made it so hard to choose. By the way, why is this preview house absent here? It has a lot of charm to it, was hoping you'd manage to find a decent layout and post it up here.

http://thumbs.modthesims2.com/img/2...874-00house.jpg

I second this request! It's gorgeous
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#30 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 7:36 PM
This is a treasure trove! All of the houses and so individual and distinctive. I'm in the middle of building a new suburb and was getting tired of a the building, but wanted something like an average small town. These lovely homes fit right in. As usual they look like great sim type housing. Thanks for this great lot pack.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 12:24 AM
Incredible!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 11:44 AM
They're wonderful. You did an amazing job. Thanks a lot!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#33 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 4:11 AM
May I ask how you got the 'exposed' sides/edges of the foundations to be different colors? That has always been a gripe of mine with TS2, the ugly defaults that it comes with.
Theorist
Original Poster
#34 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 7:25 PM
@jtf04240 They're edge hiders. If you have the Bespoke Build set there's a set included but there are other/different types worth having too. Google Sims 2 edge hiders for more options.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 1st Sep 2018 at 11:45 PM
Hi, I'm having trouble with the Broke Bespoke house. I tried to place a driveway on the gravel part, but the game points to the part of the driveway footprint that is in the street and says it's "out of bounds".
Theorist
Original Poster
#36 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 1:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Hi, I'm having trouble with the Broke Bespoke house. I tried to place a driveway on the gravel part, but the game points to the part of the driveway footprint that is in the street and says it's "out of bounds".

Hi kestrellyn. Maybe try picking up the lot in neighborhood view and placing it down again to see if that fixes whatever's wrong? Or try placing the driveway with move objects on? If that doesn't work maybe someone on the forums has run into this before and has a suggestion. I'm playing the house with a driveway on the gravel. I also tested a fresh copy of the house and was able to add a driveway to that one too without any issue.
Mad Poster
#37 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 5:39 AM
Is it safe to move it within the neighborhood while sims are living there, as long as I don't put it in the bin, or do I have to move everyone out first?
Theorist
Original Poster
#38 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Is it safe to move it within the neighborhood while sims are living there, as long as I don't put it in the bin, or do I have to move everyone out first?

If you're asking about corruption I wouldn't think it could cause any problems but I don't know. If you're asking if it's safe for your families, it's fine - I do it all of the time.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#39 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 4:46 AM
So for some reason the structure of the houses will download but when I go to load them, but none of the CC will which I downloaded too Not sure what I'm doing wrong?
Theorist
Original Poster
#40 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 1:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thisfatfunnylife
So for some reason the structure of the houses will download but when I go to load them, but none of the CC will which I downloaded too Not sure what I'm doing wrong?

I'm not sure. If you downloaded the cc and put it in your downloads folder the houses will have the cc when you place them. Take a look in the catalog and double check that the build set is actually installed is my only suggestion. If it's not there double check that you have the right cc (you need to get the Bespoke Build set from another thread - not this one), you extracted the files and put them in your downloads folder.

Hope that helps.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#41 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 9:25 PM
Thanks for these amazing lots.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 19th Sep 2018 at 4:33 PM
I have downloaded and used these houses for a little while now, and i absolutely love all of them! To build these and to create all of the build items must have been alot of work, and i am really grateful. Thank you,Honeywell!
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 10:30 PM
The houses are beautiful, but one are missing, which can be seen in the publication of the Bespoke Build Set.
The house is next:

Would there be any chance that you would share these house?
Test Subject
#44 Old 26th Sep 2018 at 4:33 PM
I love these houses so much, they are stunning! I'm just having one issue where my sims are popping out of their chairs or while standing are rotating 45 degrees on the spot. I can't think why they would be doing this but it's making it unplayable for me. I've tried my family in more than one house and it's happened each time. Am I missing something? or is this a glitch in these houses as I'm not noticing the same behaviour in my other households in maxis made homes.
Theorist
Original Poster
#45 Old 26th Sep 2018 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leabaneana
I love these houses so much, they are stunning! I'm just having one issue where my sims are popping out of their chairs or while standing are rotating 45 degrees on the spot. I can't think why they would be doing this but it's making it unplayable for me. I've tried my family in more than one house and it's happened each time. Am I missing something? or is this a glitch in these houses as I'm not noticing the same behaviour in my other households in maxis made homes.

This is the first I've heard of anything like this but some people are reporting having issues with their game crashing using the Bespoke Build set... so maybe? I don't know. I can't reproduce any issues in my own game and I know others are using the houses and cc without any problems too but it's possible. Maybe something is conflicting somewhere? You can try taking out any other cc you have and playing the lots to see what happens.

Beyond that I don't know what to suggest but I appreciate you posting.
Test Subject
#46 Old 26th Sep 2018 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
This is the first I've heard of anything like this but some people are reporting having issues with their game crashing using the Bespoke Build set... so maybe? I don't know. I can't reproduce any issues in my own game and I know others are using the houses and cc without any problems too but it's possible. Maybe something is conflicting somewhere? You can try taking out any other cc you have and playing the lots to see what happens.

Beyond that I don't know what to suggest but I appreciate you posting.

Thanks for looking into it, I did think it could be a conflict but I had no luck with that route. Turns out it was caused by a very peculiar glitch caused by moving their beds into their inventory when moving house, I only found this after moving them into numerous houses and eventually getting tired of bringing their belongings so leaving them all behind and then the problem went away.

Thanks again for the beautiful homes, now I know this glitch I'll happily move all my sims in the town to your houses (leaving their beds behind haha) :lovestruc
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#47 Old 27th Oct 2019 at 11:21 PM
Thanks! I'm getting a lot of use out of these houses.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 1st Sep 2020 at 8:13 AM
wow ! These houses look amazing. They are simple yet beautiful. I think I'm gonna make a whole new neighbourhood just using these houses.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#49 Old 14th Nov 2021 at 12:29 AM
everyone needs this because it looks cool
Mad Poster
#50 Old 23rd Feb 2022 at 3:48 AM
Hey, I've been playing with the Coastal Sage house and I notice that when sims go into the back bathroom on the first floor from the room without the bed in it whatever they have in their queue gets dropped. Is there any way to fix this, other than just removing that door?
Page 2 of 3