Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Sep 2021 at 12:03 AM
Default Duplicate items? (preferably maybe duplicate modded items)
Hi there! I was wondering if there was a duplication machine that could duplicate inventory items? The reason why I need it (if you need one) is because I'm wanting a duplicated modded item, thanks if you reply!
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Sep 2021 at 12:42 AM
I seem to recall an old mod on here that looked like an end table that would duplicate items. No idea how far back or what it was called though.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 26th Sep 2021 at 2:22 AM
If you can make the modded object sellable in OFB, you can duplicate it by marking it for sale and having some sims buy it. You do this by setting the "For Sale Flags" field in the OBJD to 0.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Sep 2021 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
If you can make the modded object sellable in OFB, you can duplicate it by marking it for sale and having some sims buy it. You do this by setting the "For Sale Flags" field in the OBJD to 0.

Thanks but I'm wanting a ITEM that can duplicate. (Like something you buy in buy mode)
Mad Poster
#5 Old 26th Sep 2021 at 9:39 PM
you're not talking about the eyedrop tool are you?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#6 Old 26th Sep 2021 at 9:56 PM
Or holding down shift while placing them (only works for buy/build)?

For inventory items, I don't know of anything that duplicates them directly, but it depends which items you're after. Some are easy/quick to make/grow anyway, and others you can get mods so they're easier to make and/or don't require ingredients (like the witch ingredients).

If you have OFB and need stuff for a shop, you can set an employee to craft items, which goes into the owner's inventory (that's practically duplicating without your sim having to do the work - there's the cost, though).

No idea what you mean by "modded items"
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 9th Nov 2021 at 6:10 AM Last edited by Little Nemo : 9th Nov 2021 at 6:29 AM.
Here is a tutorial about Items getting duplicated by placing them on tables or other surfaces, then putting them together into the inventory, then pausing the game and placing the objects outside the inventory again while pausing continues, putting the surface object back in and switching menues, after which the inventory seems to think that the object is still on the surface instead of being already on the lot: https://www.boolprop.net/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=4666 - does that help?