Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sunset Valley/Riverview Emptied!! (Obsolete)

by Flabaliki Posted 12th Jun 2009 at 10:55 PM - Updated 17th Aug 2012 at 5:53 AM by Flabaliki

345 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 302 Feedback Posts, 42 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 14
Test Subject
#51 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 2:46 PM Last edited by lys_o9 : 13th Jun 2009 at 3:16 PM.
thank you =]

does this work on mac?
Instructor
Original Poster
#52 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 3:27 PM Last edited by Flabaliki : 13th Jun 2009 at 3:48 PM.
lys_o9 - not sure but I can go test it now, I have TS3 installed on a mac.

EDIT: It works perfectly fine on a Mac, do the exact same thing, extract the file and put it in (Username)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves

Find me on YouTube!
Flabaliki - General gaming
TheSimSupply - Videos all about The Sims!
Test Subject
#53 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 3:42 PM
Thanks a lot for doing this, it's kind of ironic because yesterday I was thinking about deleting all the lots and you saved me the time and effort, love you lol :] thanks a lot.
Test Subject
#54 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Flabaliki

EDIT: It works perfectly fine on a Mac, do the exact same thing, extract the file and put it in (Username)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves

can you help with what to do about getting the tombstones/gravestones for cemetary? I love the blank neighborhood good job but miss my cemetary with the tombstones ...........
Field Researcher
#55 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 4:54 PM
Wow, thank you so much! I've just begun the painful task of deleting and scrapping and evicting and binning... This is exactly what I was trying to accomplish. I'm trying to minimize the number of "townies" in my towns, and more player made content than Maxis. Mainly because I hate townie names like "Crumplebottom" and "Laandgrab". This is going in my favorites!
Inventor
#56 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 5:18 PM
I think I may try this. I was kinda wanting to play around and make a bunch of my own sims and move them in and then see what everyone does lol

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Test Subject
#57 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 5:41 PM
How do you add the fishing lots to the empty playing field, gotta have hot spots for you to be able to catch the fish, like the cemetary and the robot fish.

Thanks for this, I'll be here all day now.
Test Subject
#58 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 6:01 PM Last edited by kelinrose : 13th Jun 2009 at 6:21 PM.
*LAUGHS* figured it out
(not the fish, the buildings)
Thanks!
Test Subject
#59 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Acria
Firstly, let me saw this is an awesome idea, and thankyou so much for posting this up for everyone! Now I can get closer to creating a neighbourhood I like!

I hate to be a nuisance,but I'm having a problem I dled the file, placed it in programfiles/electronicarts/thesims3/saves but when I go to the new gaem button in game, no new hood shows up. Any ideas?

xx

Did you add the "Saves" file to Program Files? Because it's supoosed to be in Documents/ElectronicArts/The Sims 3/Saves

Although I personally got the message
"A serious error occured while loading [name] it is strongly recommended that you restart the application"

I do that it doesn't solve the problem .... any ideas?

(¯*♥..♥*¯)Have you thanked a Mod today?
NO MORE PAYSITES FOR EA/SIMS STUFF, SIGN HERE IF YOU AGREE:
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/...tion/index.html
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 8:08 PM
Great idea, thanks for the lots, put them in my game and they are fine
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 8:10 PM
No need to remove anything, the towns are listed in the main menu. Just click on and play, they will not appear in the dropdown box.
Field Researcher
#62 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 8:30 PM
ha great, just what i needed.
as i started to do this last night, but darn what a pain!!!
thank you very much!! i will have to try this out.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 10:00 PM
I really want this, but it's missing some kind of needed stuff :\
Could someone make a version of this that has the fishing areas and cemetary still there?
Test Subject
#64 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 10:14 PM
Still no answer about the cemetery, Flabaliki?

And anyone know how you can delete a lot and have it retain it's 'nice view' moodlet? Just manually delete everything?

Oh, and HUGE thanks, btw, for going through all this trouble. (:
Test Subject
#65 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 11:58 PM
I've created an Art gallery but it just shows as a community lot on the map screen, not an Art gallery???
Instructor
Original Poster
#66 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 12:25 AM Last edited by Flabaliki : 14th Jun 2009 at 1:21 AM.
Seeing as quite a few people have mentioned about cemeteries and fishing locations I'll make a new version that includes them .

Thanks for the great comments everyone :D

UPDATE: I have included a new version - Community Lot, this has all of the original community lots including the cemetery, ponds, park, pool, art gallery and all the required lots.

Find me on YouTube!
Test Subject
#67 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 2:02 AM
wow this is really great flabaliki! this will really come in handy
Test Subject
#68 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 2:25 AM
Hah. I tried doing this, but after 7-8 houses I got tired and quit. Thanks man, a real time saver

Also, aren't all the necessary buildings for the community lots (jobs, etc.) in the Build/Buy for community lots? I know I saw them.

Today is yesterday's tomorrow. Or is that Wednesday...
Test Subject
#69 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 3:57 AM

yayy it worked! thanks =]
Test Subject
#70 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 4:32 AM Last edited by avitue : 14th Jun 2009 at 4:45 AM.
Seeing as quite a few people have mentioned about cemeteries and fishing locations I'll make a new version that includes them .

Oh, great! Thank you again so much!

EDIT: I tried loading the new Riverview [COM] file and got a message saying a serious error occurred while loading it, so it wouldn't open. Sunset Valley worked fine, though.
Forum Resident
#71 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 5:30 AM Last edited by Winterhart : 14th Jun 2009 at 5:38 AM. Reason: Adding a question
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!! I was very disappointed with the fact there were no empty lots. I have been putting playing with the game because I did not want to tackle the problem of emptying the the towns.

Is there any easy way to tell how large the empty lots are? :D

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Instructor
Original Poster
#72 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 5:47 AM
avitue - Have you downloaded they neighborhood from the store? If you have just simply try renaming the Riverview [Com].sims3 file to something simple such as Com.sims3

Winterhart - Just click Options > Edit Town > then select a lot of your choice and it says the size.

Find me on YouTube!
Test Subject
#73 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 6:09 AM
Flabaliki Grats on the great work you have done. Things work great kudos to you...
Test Subject
#74 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 7:06 AM
Default reviving headstones.
Quote: Originally posted by sirjohn45
one problem i have found is the cemetary there are no headstones or grave markers. Is there a way to get them back?

Make a lot, add a bunch of Sims, kill them. ^_^ Save one sim, take all of their headstones to the cemetery and place them in the cemetery. Fixed. If you decide you hate the bad moodlet on current sim, kill them too. ^_^ Exit and save the lot. Done.

You can kill sims by using cheats if you want different color ghosts, etc. Like you can make them drown by sticking them in water, make them starve by not feeding them. NPCs won't die, since the grim reaper brings them back, and for old age the cheat there is to age them up by enabling.

Have fun killing sims. ^_^
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 7:16 AM
Your awesome.
Page 3 of 14