Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sunset Valley/Riverview Emptied!! (Obsolete)

by Flabaliki Posted 12th Jun 2009 at 10:55 PM - Updated 17th Aug 2012 at 5:53 AM by Flabaliki

345 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 302 Feedback Posts, 42 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 14
Test Subject
#76 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 7:20 AM
Note: The "res-Empty" file for Sunset Valley when unpacked is named wrong. Rename the file before installing. Also please fix.
Test Subject
#77 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 7:35 AM
Thankyou dear lord!
Test Subject
#78 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 7:57 AM
Thank you SOOOOO much! I really needed this for the houses I wanted to put in
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 9:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Flabaliki
mysza0o/mergytemigle/nilopean - First of all, make sure you have downloaded the official Riverview neighrborhood if you are using that one. Second, extract the .sims3 files from the rar and put them in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves and load the game and they will show in the menu and you can load them from there.

So if you haven't downloaded Riverview this one won't work? I'm unable to download Riverview due to a dial-up connection and an ISP that cuts off after 4 hours so I was hoping yours would work for me, but if it won't I think you should put something in the original post about the downloaded Riverview from the EA store being required for your redone 'hoods to work properly.

Thanks for all the effort on making these empty hoods though! I'll take SV now and be back for Riverview when/if I can ever get it downloaded from EA.

Kat
Test Subject
#80 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 10:25 AM
Kondrad here

where exactly is the official Riverview neighrborhood download?

42: The Answer To Life, The Universe, And Everything
Test Subject
#81 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 10:44 AM
at the thesims3.com
Wiki Wizard
#82 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 1:41 PM
This is such a good idea! It is so good for the game and i am really enjoying having an empty building town! :D

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 2:52 PM
Bless your heart. I was going to get around to doing this in the next few days as an experimental town. But now I won't have to.

I'm not fond of ea pre-made families. Normally anyway. But I'm finding in this game it's easier to keep track of who I'm friends with if they have familiar names. lol That said, though, I've already got a long list of those I either want to kill off or delete for good.

I hope ea follows thru with that neighborhood creator download pretty quick.

Thanks tons for this!!
Field Researcher
#84 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 3:24 PM
Yay! Exactly what I wanted. I guess I just like making my own houses for them makes my game more personalized.

Thankies :3
Field Researcher
#85 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 8:06 PM
I haven't gone in game yet to verify this, but I was extracting [res-empty] for sunset valley and name is "Sunset Valley [Empty]" and The Sunset Valley [Empty] rar has the same filename. Are they the same file? I'll probably use the Community lot one, but thought you might like to know there may be the wrong filename or one file double posted and one missing.
Instructor
Original Poster
#86 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 7:04 AM Last edited by Flabaliki : 15th Jun 2009 at 9:04 AM.
Gillianivy - Yeah I noticed they have the same name, however they are still different, I just didn't change the name on them, I'll fix that though, thanks for reminding me.

EDIT: Ok I uploaded the new version with the fixed name :P

Find me on YouTube!
Flabaliki - General gaming
TheSimSupply - Videos all about The Sims!
Test Subject
#87 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 7:45 AM
yehey.. finally, i can make my own town, literally.. heeh.. but i have a question, can we delete the trees? for me, its kinda annoying getting alot of trees near your house.. hehehe
Instructor
Original Poster
#88 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 8:07 AM
ejack681 - No, there is no way to delete trees from the neighborhood.

Find me on YouTube!
Mad Poster
#89 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 9:05 AM
Your awesome!
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 9:07 PM
I would love this but I have sims 3 and the internet on seperate computers so I can't download anything from the sims store to my game...and I so want the new Neighborhood.
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 9:40 PM
I am so glad that I wasn't the only person disappointed with the building aspects of TS3. This neighborhood is awesome. It is greatly appreciated.
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#92 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 10:03 PM Last edited by icalvert@nf.sympatico.ca : 15th Jun 2009 at 10:40 PM.
Default A Question
I'm not sure if it works, as I haven't tried it myself, but I think GoldSheep has it right. When you kill people or they die of "natural" causes, I'm thinking there's some sort of grave marker where they die. You can probably build a cemetary from there. I love the Ghosties! Thanks a million Flabaliki!!!!!!

Never mind. Figured out my answer...
Screenshots
Test Subject
#93 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 12:51 AM

THANKS A BUNCH!

the girl with the hat... | web: http://www.jamzkie.com | facebook: jamzkie ria
Test Subject
#94 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 6:13 AM
Thanks for doing this! I started a prosperity 'hood and suddenly all these neighbors started moving into empty houses that I was too lazy to bulldoze. Thanks for doing the work for me! :D
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 8:39 AM
Thank you so much, can't wait to see this in my game!
I hate hate hate maxis sims and houses, thank you for getting rid of them!

Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift, that is why
We call it the Present.
Test Subject
#96 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 8:09 PM
I downloaded it but when I go to extract the rar file it says it's empty. Am I doing something wrong?
Test Subject
#97 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 10:31 PM
i keep getting a "serious error has occured" pop up everytime i try to load the map ...
Instructor
Original Poster
#98 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 12:47 AM
meplei - The file didn't download correctly, just try again

joru100 - If you read up above some others have this issue and simple just rename the .sims3 file to a simple one word name such as Empty.sims3 and then it should work

Find me on YouTube!
Test Subject
#99 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 1:51 AM Last edited by kiledude : 17th Jun 2009 at 3:11 AM.
Well sorry to bring this up, but I had to do alot of stuff not posted in the install directions to get this to work for me.
I had to...
1. Move the file to the Installedworlds file
2. Change the format to a .world

Just thought I'd bring that up.

**Issue Resolved Currently revising**

Sorry about all this confusion. The issue lied on my end, something got corrupted while extracting the file, and it resulted in the file not showing up at all. Though i did find out thats how you make completely new neighborhoods. I dont know what program they used to make the maps, but if you make something a .world it goes into the drop down menu of cities. It did not work for your neighborhoods though, sorry.

Thanks for the download though
Field Researcher
#100 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 2:14 AM
good job! i take the build version so i can redecorate them!!

Quote:
Call me Jarod , Jad , Jar , Jaro , Rod....
If you r a GUY , why don't you come and join us , the group "JUST FOR GUYS" :D
Page 4 of 14