Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Alpha-Editable Dress Top - UPDATED Sept. 24, 2006

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 3rd Sep 2006 at 8:59 AM - Updated 23rd Jul 2009 at 12:09 AM by HystericalParoxysm

129 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 124 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 6
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#26 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 12:34 PM
Navetsea - The UV map for the actual "top" group (main torso) does not extend below the Maxis waist, and everything that -does- extend below the Maxis waist is on an alpha group. That's the whole beauty of the dress top concept, and the reason they were created (using a different method that made crashes happen because of Maxis weirdness) in the first place, to try to overcome that limitation of combining and allow you to create a longer top without that issue.

The bottom texture will override the top the way I have it, unless the alpha for the "top" group comes down really low on the top and the bottom you're using is mostly blocked out using its alpha... i.e. if you use really short shorts like the ones I have in the pics with the black camisole in combination with this top at its full length (like the burgundy one) you may get a bit of a pattern on the upper legs, but most combinations of tops and bottoms should work fine, beyond the clipping you may get if the bottom you're using has a thick waistband or other strange protuberances. Any normal pants or skirts will work fine - and if you had plans to use a long top with very short shorts you could just use a different, shorter alpha for the "top" layer and that wouldn't happen, I do believe.

The crashes caused by the previous dress tops weren't really all that humorous - flyingpigeon came up with a (we thought) rather ingenious method for creating them, but unfortunately, his quick and simple method would cause the game to crash entirely when buying a community lot, getting a job, or any other event that caused a yes/no dialogue for the sim wearing the dress top. Still useful for pics and stories, but not so good for day-to-day play. Hopefully there're no major issues with this method, and he can update his soon.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Alchemist
#27 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 12:52 PM
Ohh the possibilities...just what I needed! Thanks!

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Forum Resident
#28 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 1:00 PM
Awesome! This is some faboo work!

Thanx ~ Syn

DO NOT RE-UPLOAD MY WORK TO THE EXCHANGE OR ANYWHERE ELSE. Please be courteous.

Many of my latest uploads are located HERE. Go check it out for some much more improved work.
Test Subject
#29 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 1:13 PM
That model sim is beautiful. Is there by any chance you'll be realeasing it?
Test Subject
#30 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 1:24 PM
I love this definitely downloading it!

Question: Where can i get the hair?
Test Subject
#31 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 1:57 PM
Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank YOU THANK YOU It's awesoooooome Great Work!!! :D
Forum Resident
#32 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 2:16 PM
Dangit, hp... you blew my dress tops out of the water. Wow... thank you so much. They look great. Thanks a TON for fixing them (and making them alpha-editable)! I owe you... thank you!! You are the best... I'll recolor for sure. Thanks again!
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 2:45 PM
Awesome!! Thanks, HystericalParoxysm!

The fairy told Billy "No." Billy then discovered the fairy's head was squishy, like a grape.
Scholar
#34 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 3:24 PM
I love your work and these tops are very classic looking, I like them all. Thank you so much for all the creations that you've shared.
Corrosively Delightful
retired moderator
#35 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 4:08 PM
I am so glad there are longer tops like this again! Thank you! I know you've put a lot of testing and work into this so *huge* thank you's for that. That they look gorgeous is just the cherry on top!

If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right.
SO much to do and so many other things to distract me.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#36 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 4:15 PM
SimmyLover - I keep meaning to release my model sims and never get around to it. I certainly don't mind sharing (and she's one of my few sims that breeds halfway decently). I'll try to do so soonishly.

xcom - The hair is pay, by Peggy and Rose. Makeup is all by RenSim, Barcelonista, or Helaene, skin by SimCribbling, jean shorts and black bottoms by Maxis (base game and OfB, respectively) and the jeans shown with the blue and burgundy tops are by SIMply Elau. I'm lazy on model credits lately. :P

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 4:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Edit: In answer to Strangel below (since I don't tend to like posting repeatedly to my own threads, hehe), no, you don't need OfB - I used the shape of the OfB dress top, but this is cloned from a Nightlife mesh, then adjusted so you shouldn't need any EPs for it at all. I don't think I've had a base game test on it yet, but the method I used should have made it base game compatible. Please let me know if you have any trouble with it in your configuration.

WOOT! We have Nightlife on here, that's where we stopped on loading this computer for now. lol
If I open sims and this is working, know that someone, somewhere is getting thank you kisses for snatching up *exactly* what the wife was looking for. LOL Seriously, can't thank you enough. We've been in and out of forums, nothing looked as grand and detail oriented as this.

3/31-4/1: I survived The Great Llama Day of 2006

"Flaming sims aren't much fun, they don't come when you call, they don't even try." - Iscariot on sim+firejet=?
Alchemist
#38 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 4:19 PM
Hi HP, I like this mesh as well as the previous one. I heard of crashing problems but - lucky me - I didn't experience that even if most of my sim-ladies wear those clothes. It has been kind and professional your work around for finding a solution and/or a new mesh, we all here appreciate this. I'm downloading just now this new gift. Thank you forever, Kiss and ciao.
Test Subject
#39 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 4:53 PM
Wow. I'm happy that the dress tops glitch is finally fixed. Now my female sims don't have to worry about their tummys showing. Thanks a lot. :3
Forum Resident
#40 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 5:28 PM
Ee!
Thanks!
This is great.

//HB

♥Adam Ant♥
No, I don't take request at the moment
11/7 -09 My beautiful niece was born!
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 5:31 PM
Mmm. Alpha editable. *eats*
Test Subject
#42 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 5:37 PM
These are beautiful - Good work!

_.;[-TheSims2Lover&&ModTheSims2Lover-];._

Need a little... challenge to do? - Click Here
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 5:40 PM
"so you shouldn't need any EPs for it at all."

Oh, fantastic!
I'm always annoyed when I cannot download objects/clothes because I only have Base and Uni, but, finally..

This mesh is so beautiful, it's actually inspiring me to get back into the skin-making business. Hopefully I'll have a few outfits by the end of the week. Thank you!

"Once again, she returns.. To the arms of her angel, angel or demon? Still, he calls her.. Luring her back, from the grave. Angel or dark seducer? Who are you, strange angel?"

Phantom of the Opera
Forum Resident
#44 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 5:46 PM
I've always liked this style, too, but I couldn't stand the coloring or the fact that they HAD to be together all of the time- you fixed both in a gorgeous way! THANK YOU!!

Always,
Emma
Field Researcher
#45 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 5:47 PM
I have always wonder why no one made this yet.

Great job!

Tae
Test Subject
#46 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 6:11 PM
fantastic job - you've made my mesh dreams come true!!
Moderator of Extreme Limericks
#47 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 7:19 PM
Yay! I think you've finally inspired me to actually start downloading clothes for my sims! (I never download anything other than furniture... heh)

These look splendiforous, and I especially love the burgundy shirt. :D

There's always money in the banana stand.
Field Researcher
#48 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 7:59 PM
yay!
i've been waiting for something like this
now i can have longer shirts that go over pants AND have the edges not so straight lol
thanx and bravo
Instructor
#49 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 8:31 PM
Yay! Thankies, 5 stars from me!
Instructor
#50 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 8:42 PM
Great job Hp you are amazing!!!!!

Thnaks for this amazing mesh i will have fun with this!

Please say thank you if you like my work and also,Please read my Terms of use -Thank you and enjoy my work!
Page 2 of 6