Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Alpha-Editable Dress Top - UPDATED Sept. 24, 2006

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 3rd Sep 2006 at 8:59 AM - Updated 23rd Jul 2009 at 12:09 AM by HystericalParoxysm

129 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 124 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 6
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 8:08 PM
Mny many thanks.This is exactly the sort of dress top I've been looking for.
Forum Resident
#77 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by crizzlepizzle
these look amazing in game, i am so happy you made this mesh because the other doesn't work in my game(though i've got basegame installed), so many thanks and brillant job! :3

Yeah, the previous dress-tops (by yours truly) are screwed up in many ways... so just ignore them if they don't work, try the new ones here out and drop a thank-you for hp :D.
Test Subject
#78 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 3:07 AM
Thank you so much, I really love these.
Instructor
#79 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 3:40 AM
OH. EM. GEE.
You have a gothic lolita version -and- it is alpha editable. I will be testing this. Alot. xD
Test Subject
#80 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 9:24 AM
This rocks i love this mesh i have been looking for a dress top thats alpha... thankiees well i see all yours hairs on the sim models are donate but i still want to know where you got the aair mesh with the sim with blue top and orange hair where did you get the orange hair mesh?

I need to get Affiliated! :)
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#81 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 9:29 AM
wazza, that's a Rose hair. All the hair shown is by Peggy or Rose, and pay.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#82 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 11:38 AM
Kk thankiees i am a mermber of peggy..... but i cant get rose hair to cheep on credit card thanks anyways

I need to get Affiliated! :)
Field Researcher
#83 Old 10th Sep 2006 at 10:38 PM
I can't wait to play with this one!
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 11th Sep 2006 at 9:57 AM
I've been frantically recolouring :D

"Scared to love Jack? SCARED TO LOVE?"
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 10:58 PM
I noticed that the fat morph is a little odd - the mesh itself is fine, but it hugs so close to the body on a fat sim that the meshes of any pants or skirts poke out through it in a major way. D'oh. I have a feeling anything using the body mesh, like tights, would work fine (haven't had a chance to try it), but I haven't found anything else in the game that doesn't protrude. Bummer that, but the top is still worth using.
Forum Resident
#86 Old 13th Sep 2006 at 10:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Renatus Valentinus
I noticed that the fat morph is a little odd - the mesh itself is fine, but it hugs so close to the body on a fat sim that the meshes of any pants or skirts poke out through it in a major way. D'oh. I have a feeling anything using the body mesh, like tights, would work fine (haven't had a chance to try it), but I haven't found anything else in the game that doesn't protrude. Bummer that, but the top is still worth using.

I answer that:
"This mesh is shaped the same as the OfB dress top outfit with the baggy pants (as I always liked it) and as you can see in the Burgundy Foliate recolour, you can make it look pretty much exactly like the OfB top. It can be worn with any bottoms, but works best with ones with a very close-fitting waistline. Other meshes will clip slightly through the waist, especially when sitting or twisting. This is unavoidable due to the geometry of the mesh - if I corrected for it any more it wouldn't retain the same shape as the original OfB top, which is what I wanted. Just wear a close-fitting garment for bottoms."

Anyway, I'm working up a couple meshes that are the same shape as my originals (based of this, with special permission).
retired moderator
Original Poster
#87 Old 14th Sep 2006 at 4:57 AM
Renatus - Yes, the fat mesh is a little clippier than the "normal". Perhaps a little closer than I'd have liked. It does still work okay with some bottoms - skintight tights seem to work okay, as well as the one OfB "riding pants" mesh. But yeah, as flyingpigeon said above, he's working on more dress tops, and his tend to fit a little further away from the body. Probably better if you tend to have Maxis fat sims.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 14th Sep 2006 at 11:23 AM Last edited by Renatus Valentinus : 14th Sep 2006 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Stupid spelling error.
I was aware that some things simply would stick through due to the close fittingness of the mesh - it's just that *everything* bulges through quite noticably on a fat sim, even tights. I guess like in real life the fat chicks will have to wear different clothes because some don't 'fit'. It's a little more realism than I wanted, but... *L* No worries, I'm happy to wait to dress them in whatever Flyingpigeon comes up with.

I do understand why this happens - the OFB mesh is a little different in shape than the fat morphs of just the bottom. It's still a great mesh, I just wanted people to be aware of why their top would suddenly look funny if their sim ate too much turkey or something.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#89 Old 25th Sep 2006 at 7:52 AM
Okey, well, I went ahead and updated the fat morph so it's much more versatile. I'm not sure I like how far it hangs away from the body, and it still won't work with some stuff, but it works with about as wide a range as the normal, maybe a couple more with certain outfits.

Test Subject
#90 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 4:06 PM
beautiful outfit - just love the little red headed sim, hope you get around, to realising her soon..
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 9:39 AM
Thanks so much for this. I wish all the sims clothes were alpha editable!

For movies, fashions, recolors and hack, visit http://decorgal.com
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 10:08 PM
Nice work, awesome thanks you.
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 2:06 AM
Glad to see the update. I like what I can do with this top so I'm happy I can use it similarly on fat sims too, now.
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 10:22 AM
I really love these--they are so versatile! There is a serious lack of longer tops in the game.
Mad Poster
#95 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 9:41 PM
Yahhhh! I can bring my dresstops back on my simmies. Thanks for this mesh. You are the greatest!! I wish I could do this, but what the heck, I have you all who are amazing on this site. Thank you for sharing with us. Love Ya! (smooches)

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 10:13 AM
I was wondering if it would be possible for this to have a bumpmap.. I love those bumpmaps- gives the clothes so much texture.

For movies, fashions, recolors and hack, visit http://decorgal.com
Test Subject
#97 Old 9th Nov 2006 at 7:29 PM
The Burgundy Foliate and Black Camisole has become one of my favorite casual dressings for my Sims, but I've been trying to find hairstyles similar to the one used by the model for the Burgundy Foliate. I find the hairstyle really attractive, can anyone tell me where I can find similar hairstyles?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#98 Old 9th Nov 2006 at 8:00 PM
decorgal21572 - You are welcome to add one for your own personal use but I have little interest in bump maps. My graphics card can't view them, and I don't think I've seen but maybe one custom recolour in all my travels that actually did bump maps correctly. I just don't think they're that big a deal. Your recolour at your site looks amaaaaazing, btw.

Sloppy - I already told where the hair meshes came from, if you look up in the thread.

Test Subject
#99 Old 9th Nov 2006 at 8:35 PM
Oh hey, that definitely was a quick reply though, I'm totally surprised! Anyways, I did manage to locate the hairstyle in Peggy's pay area so I couldn't get it, hence I'm looking for other possible alternatives. I hope I don't come off looking like a cheapskate, I've had bad experiences with PayPal and I'm not really keen on the idea of subscribing 6 months via bank transfer just for one single download.
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 6:02 PM
very awsome...looks great in the game i think i use this shirt in atleast one person in my families...thank you =)
Page 4 of 6