Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Job Seeking Noticeboard (Two-Tile) - Including Pet Jobs

by MogHughson Posted 22nd Oct 2008 at 3:14 PM - Updated 15th Jun 2010 at 11:31 AM by MogHughson : More languages

284 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 253 Feedback Posts, 30 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 12
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#26 Old 22nd Oct 2008 at 9:58 PM
This works wonderfully- I now have a Labour Exchange in my Village! Thankyou.
Field Researcher
#27 Old 22nd Oct 2008 at 10:27 PM
Fantastic and as many others have said its true to life!!! Thanks!

Be true to yourself, only your opinion of yourself truly counts.

Darkie
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 22nd Oct 2008 at 10:27 PM
Thanks, maybe now I can put my Vampire friendly careers back in.
Test Subject
#29 Old 22nd Oct 2008 at 10:33 PM
Thank you so much for this, it's going to be so helpful.
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 22nd Oct 2008 at 11:19 PM
Fabulous idea! Thanks so much for making this.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Instructor
#31 Old 22nd Oct 2008 at 11:31 PM
Brilliant idea! I'm glad you included the Simlish options as well - it makes for a more realistic mod.
Test Subject
#32 Old 22nd Oct 2008 at 11:47 PM
This may be one of the greatest new ideas I have seen in a LONG time! -One of the "little" things you never knew you/your sims needed until someone made it!

Thank you!
Scholar
#33 Old 22nd Oct 2008 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MogHughson
No it doesn't bypass any of the mechanisms for offering a Sim a job that are built into the newspaper or computer as it uses exactly the same code. That would after all be cheating

I have made my own employment centre too - we call it a Job Centre in the UK, but same thing.

Cheers
Mog

Oh, It crashed before I downloaded you object. It's been like that for a while... I'd delete it, but I don't know what it is!
As soon as I click on the section, the last second of the music plays on a loop for about 30 seconds, the a box pops up saying "The application has crashed. The application will now close." And.. I don't really understand the error log part... sorry.
Test Subject
#34 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 12:45 AM
cool! um im about to get pets and i know they can get jobs, so i was wondering can pets get jobs from this?
Test Subject
#35 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 12:48 AM
ALRIGHT!!!!!! this is amazing. i so needed this in my game. im soooo glad you made it. I hated waiting to finde my sim there dream job. this will help so much. i am downloading it right now i cant wait to try it out. thank you so much.
Test Subject
#36 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 12:48 AM
Congrats! Already a picked download! I may just download (I've become extremely picky about my downloads recently).
Moderator of Extreme Limericks
#37 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 12:58 AM
This is fantastic! It's so useful, thank you very much for cooking this up.

There's always money in the banana stand.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 1:07 AM
I really like this idea! I usually wind up using the career adjuster from the "InSim" mod, but this is a great alternative! Thanks for sharing your work!

Not having a sig IS my sig. Oh wait, this is a sig, isn't it? Nevermind...
Instructor
#39 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 1:08 AM
What a great addition to the game! Thank you for sharing with us.
Test Subject
#40 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 1:19 AM
Faaantastic!! I think I am going to place this in my recreational center. Thank you! :D
Instructor
#41 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 1:37 AM
This is wonderful. I had begun thinking of using boolprop to find my Sim's jobs for their LTW while trying to tell myself I wasn't cheating. Now, I don't have to. What a blessing. Thanks for this.

-E
Field Researcher
#42 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 2:18 AM
Very nice; now I'll have to build either a city hall or a library!

<('_'<) <('_')> (>'_')>
Field Researcher
#43 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 2:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pare321
Where does it show up? Because I can't load my decorative>miscellaneous section without the game crashing. I looked but couldn't find it.

Go to this LiveJournal post to solve your problem

I basically just like to play uglacies.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 2:57 AM
Oh my GOD that's just plain fucken AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
It always annoyed me like hell that THE job a particular Sim wants to get just never shows up while all others could get it within two days -.-
Thank you so much for creating a better future for us and our Simmies!! ^^
Meet Me In My Next Life
#45 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 3:05 AM Last edited by JLonier : 23rd Oct 2008 at 2:44 PM. Reason: removing superfluous exclamation points
Great JOB!!! EXCELLENT WORK!!!

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Scholar
#46 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 4:07 AM
I love this idea!! Good job!!
Field Researcher
#47 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 4:26 AM
Wow. This is so cool. I love that it gives you the job level that the paper would so It doesn't feel like cheating. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 6:02 AM
Thanks so much, this is an awesome idea! I love that you have some with simlish font, that makes me feel it's all the more authentic, and it's something the game has needed. Thanks, and great job!

“Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” George Bernard Shaw

My creations
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 6:33 AM
This is a great addition to the game. Previously I always had to use the career adjuster from Insim because all the neighbours kept pinching the newspapers as soon as it was delivered. Thanks!
Forum Resident
#50 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 7:02 AM
cool idea! Thanks
Page 2 of 12