Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 2:34 AM
Eh I shouldn't have deleted my last post, as now I have another problem. So I want to make a part time and full time career that go with each other. I notice that the pirate career here on MTS has the same thing, and says something about promoting into the full time career when they age up to young adult? What exactly do they mean by this, and how would I put it in my career?
Advertisement
Scholar
#102 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 3:42 PM
I'm assuming that it means when they age up, either:
A) They are instantly promoted to the equivalent level in the full time career
OR
B) When they join the Full Time career, they start at the equivalent level.

In either case, I have no idea how to implement that Maybe looking at the code for the Pirate careers in S3PE might be helpful?

Visit MissyHissy's Job Centre and MissyHissy's Job Centre Forum for additional career help.
Visit MissyHissy's Irish Dance Studio
The Daily Plumbob, a Sims 4 Gameplay blog
Lab Assistant
#103 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 8:30 PM Last edited by lilibug1 : 26th Sep 2012 at 9:14 PM.
I just looked, they are downloaded as two separate files and they just look like two normal careers, with nothing seeming to link them or anything. I think I'll go ask twallan. If that doesn't work, I can always pm the creator of the pirate career.

EDIT: Also, do you know if I can use hidden skills as metrics?
Test Subject
#104 Old 27th Sep 2012 at 1:31 AM
I have a couple problems.
1. Two of my job levels are blank
2. There my career skill tones are showing up twice

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 27th Sep 2012 at 1:53 AM
Why don't you upload your files here, and we can take a look?
Test Subject
#106 Old 27th Sep 2012 at 4:33 PM
Okay I uploaded the file...
Thanks
Attached files:
File Type: rar  FashionCareer.rar (12.0 KB, 20 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Game Career
Lab Assistant
#107 Old 27th Sep 2012 at 9:21 PM Last edited by lilibug1 : 27th Sep 2012 at 9:50 PM.
Ok, I looked at it and it is probably a problem with the stbl strings. You should redo the ones for the double career skill tones and also the missing career titles. I am not very good with careers, so I'm not sure how else to help you. You could try asking twallan at his site and MissyHissy usually looks at this thread, she's done a ton of working custom careers so maybe she can help.

EDIT: Apparently there is a <transfercareer> option with OmniCareer. Twallan is still explaining to me how I would use it, but the thread is here if anyone's interested.
Field Researcher
#108 Old 27th Sep 2012 at 10:33 PM
Thanks, lilibug1, for including the link. I've been wanting to do a part time to full time career as well. by the way, do you know of any tutorials on how to use Twallans Omnicareer?

"Curiouser and curiouser! cried Alice...Now I’m opening out like the largest telescope that ever was! Good-bye, feet!..." ~ Alice in Wonderland

Stop by my Facebook page or visit my website, kithri's curious kreations, for more unexpected Sims 2 and 3 things. Remember to click Like. ^^
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kithri
Thanks, lilibug1, for including the link. I've been wanting to do a part time to full time career as well. by the way, do you know of any tutorials on how to use Twallans Omnicareer?

I don't think there's a tutorial, but I've looked in some other careers where they use the <Ages> from OmniCareer. It seems like they just put it at the end of <CareerList> in Blank.Careers. I am not close to testing to see if this method works though, I'll will post back when I know.
Scholar
#110 Old 29th Sep 2012 at 4:29 PM
Oops, not looked on here for a couple of days!
lillibug: Yes, you can use hidden skills as metrics, as far as I know. I haven't tried it myself, but I'm fairly certain you can
Good old Twallan and his Omni career. Thanks for including the link, I'll have to check that out!
gyspie: With the job levels, check the spelling in the coding. You may well have misspelt them in one of your files, so just double check. Looking at it, I'd say your problems are in the UnhashedKeys file, since that's the only one I can't see. There doesn't seem to be a problem in the .Career or the English strings. As for the tones, it looks like you added the codes for them twice. So look in your UnhashedKeys again, since they're probably in there twice. If so, remove one of each and that should hopefully sort you out
Kithri: Nope, no tutorial, but like lilibug said, you just add the stuff in the Blank.Careers. I did it for my teen part time jobs to make it so only teens can get the jobs

Visit MissyHissy's Job Centre and MissyHissy's Job Centre Forum for additional career help.
Lab Assistant
#111 Old 30th Sep 2012 at 12:19 AM Last edited by lilibug1 : 30th Sep 2012 at 1:29 PM.
Ok, I just finished and got to the part where I needed to do the joincareernocareer part and it won't show up in my game...again... The person who is trying to join has a level 3 ballet skill and is a teen. Could you people take a look? It has no UnhashedKeys file, just the one STBL since I used ThomasRiordan's method.

EDIT: I am stupid. I just did a clean cc free game on a new account and have not gotten around to moving all my mods back. The reason is I probably have not put back Careers. I will check tomorrow and make sure I have it installed. EDIT2: I think I actually do have it installed, but still not entirely sure. My dad won't let me on the computer so I will have to wait until tomorrow. EDIT3: I do have Careers installed - so it must be something wrong with my actual career. @MissyHissy: It would be very nice if you tried it in your game, thank you. At the moment I don't have your ballerina career installed, and since my career promotes to it, it could be the problem. It doesn't show up in the nraas career listing either.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ProBalletSchool_BASE.zip (10.6 KB, 20 downloads) - View custom content
Field Researcher
#112 Old 30th Sep 2012 at 3:12 AM
@MissyHissy and Kithrin -Just to follow up on my post at #85 above: I finally got my custom outfits to work. Sorry I haven't posted the details of my success to this thread, but I was concentrating on this discussion in CmarNYC's Sim Outfit Creator/Editor Tool thread here (see page 2, beginning at Post 36). If you get a chance, take a look at the thread and hopefully it will help!
Scholar
#113 Old 30th Sep 2012 at 11:36 AM
lilibug: Can't find anything wrong with the career file, so it could be that you didn't have the Careers mod in. If it still won't show up, I'll plop it in my game and let you know
mflaha55: That's great! Now if we could get CTU to show EP and SP clothing...

Lab Assistant
#114 Old 30th Sep 2012 at 5:45 PM
Retested it in game with your ballerina career installed, and it still did not work. Your ballerina career worked fine though, just mine didn't work. Still waiting for a reply from twallan.
Field Researcher
#115 Old 30th Sep 2012 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missyhissy
...mflaha55: That's great! Now if we could get CTU to show EP and SP clothing...

MissyHissy - When you install the CTU, be sure to install both the CasTextureUnitool.rar and the CasParts.rar. The CASParts.rar contains some of the basic CAS clothing .caspart files. Use "Find a CAS Part" in the CTU to bring up the item you want. If you want more parts than are in the included file, use S3PE to open the Fullbuild0.package in the base game folder following this route: C [or the drive you installed your EPs and SPs on]:\Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\Packages\Fullbuild0.package. You may receive a "Could not open file" error, but simply click "Retry" and it will open as a read-only file. Once the file is open in s3pe, I sort on the Tag column and then look for the CASP Tag. I then right click on the item I want and use "Export to file..." and save it in my working folder. Here's an example of what an exported file looks like - [S3_034AEECB_00000000_7D05EEEC385439A0_amBodyAirForceRecruit%%+CASP.caspart]. You can use items from EPs using the same procedure. The Fullbuild filename will differ from the base game's, but you'll be able to determine the one you need. I used the "Indiana Jones" style hat from WA in one of my custom outfits, and the Fullbuild file was named FullBuildep1. I don't have any SPs, but would assume you'd use the same route and file as the EPs.

You can then open the saved .caspart file in CTU by clicking File/Open and directing to the folder containing your files. The CTU defaults to search for Sims 3 Packages, so be sure you remember to select CAS Part File from the drop down menu in the bottom right corner of the dialogue box. I then selected the part I wanted from the Find a CAS Part tab, edited the Part Category tab and made any design changes in the Designs/Patterns tabs. I use a copy of the original .caspart file that I exported from the game files and then simply save my customized design using the original filename. This way, I have the correct InstanceID for the part so that it will show up in my game. CTU as a habit of saving the file with a different InstanceID, and the game couldn't find my custom outfits because it was looking for a new part which didn't exist. I then use CmarNYC's Outfitter tool found here to assemble my SIMO files for inclusion in my career package.

Whew! Sorry for the verbosity! Hope this helps!
Scholar
#116 Old 30th Sep 2012 at 6:50 PM
lilibug: Keep me updated on that. Have you made sure the code matches mine for the career title?
mflaha55: Just had a "duh!" moment. That now feels glaringly obvious Thank you, I'll give it a try!!!

Lab Assistant
#117 Old 30th Sep 2012 at 8:04 PM
Yup, it matches. I think I probably did something really obviously stupid - I've linked twallan to this page, hopefully he'll be able to look it over and tell me what's wrong.
Test Subject
#118 Old 30th Sep 2012 at 11:57 PM Last edited by bernarderin : 1st Oct 2012 at 12:08 AM. Reason: forgot to add something
Quote: Originally posted by missyhissy
Has anyone worked out how to make the part time jobs available for teens?

I know this question was asked some time ago, and that Missy Hissy has already figured out how to create teen part time careers, But I was wondering if someone could share the main differences when it comes to creating part time careers vs. full time. Creon's tutorial is great and I was able to create a full time career successfully, however I'm curious as to what changes I would have to make in order to create a part time career, not necessarily for teens, but in general. If someone could share that would be great. And if there are minor changes in order to make PT careers for teens then that explanation would be appreciated too. :D

If I followed the instructions from the tutorial for a full time career, yet left out some of the Levels, ex. I only made 3 levels instead of 10, would that screw up everything? Basically I'm thinking I could save some time creating careers by having fewer levels. Is that possible?
Lab Assistant
#119 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 1:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bernarderin
I know this question was asked some time ago, and that Missy Hissy has already figured out how to create teen part time careers, But I was wondering if someone could share the main differences when it comes to creating part time careers vs. full time. Creon's tutorial is great and I was able to create a full time career successfully, however I'm curious as to what changes I would have to make in order to create a part time career, not necessarily for teens, but in general. If someone could share that would be great. And if there are minor changes in order to make PT careers for teens then that explanation would be appreciated too. :D

If I followed the instructions from the tutorial for a full time career, yet left out some of the Levels, ex. I only made 3 levels instead of 10, would that screw up everything? Basically I'm thinking I could save some time creating careers by having fewer levels. Is that possible?

As far as I know, yes. You just create less levels, and in the second <careerlist> tag in your Blank.Careers, you should have a tag that looks like this:

Code:
<Category>FullTime</Category>

Change that to PartTime instead, and I think it will work. Also, if you want to make a part time career available to Teens, at the end of both <careerlist>s you can put:

Code:
<Ages>T</Ages>

From looking at other people's working custom part time careers, these should both work. However, I have never actually tested them myself because I cannot get my Part Time career to even show up in the game right now.
Test Subject
#120 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 3:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lilibug1
As far as I know, yes. You just create less levels, and in the second <careerlist> tag in your Blank.Careers, you should have a tag that looks like this:

Code:
<Category>FullTime</Category>

Change that to PartTime instead, and I think it will work. Also, if you want to make a part time career available to Teens, at the end of both <careerlist>s you can put:

Code:
<Ages>T</Ages>

From looking at other people's working custom part time careers, these should both work. However, I have never actually tested them myself because I cannot get my Part Time career to even show up in the game right now.

Thank you so much! I will try and let you know if it worked or not
Test Subject
#121 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 3:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gyspie
I have a couple problems.
1. Two of my job levels are blank
2. There my career skill tones are showing up twice

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks

Gyspie - was wondering if you figured out your problem with the missing job levels/titles. I am having the same problem with just one title, everything else works fine and I've reviewed my strings over and over again, can't catch it.

I also took a look at your fashion career to make comparisons with my career and noticed that the 6th job title was missing in your stbl english file. That's probably why you job level was missing - just in case you didn't already catch that.
Scholar
#122 Old 2nd Oct 2012 at 5:35 PM
Sorry I didn't get back to you guys last night!
lilibug: Wicked, hopefully he can suss out what we can't!
bernarderin: Yep, lilbug's right. The only other difference would be in the hours worked. Generally, part time jobs have shorter hours than full time careers, but that will usually depend on what kind of job you're doing

Also, those of you who have job titles missing: Try copying the line of code relating to that job title from your UnhashedKeys file and replacing the corresponding line in the English STBL. That just worked for someone else, so maybe it might work for you guys?

Lab Assistant
#123 Old 2nd Oct 2012 at 8:18 PM
Alright, so my career is now showing up in game but...

1. It isn't being recognized as a part time job. Only adults can view it, even though <Ages> is set to T.
2. The numbers are still there, even after I updated my STBL file
3. When I push joincareer[randomnumbers] there is lots of missing text

Should I redo the STBL again?? I used ThomasRiordan's method the first time. Also, I don't know what's up with the only-adults-can-join thing. I've attached my latest version so you guys can look.

(I'm sorry, my English strings are a bit messed up. I'm still working on the titles/descriptions. )
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ProBalletSchool_BASE (2).zip (10.6 KB, 10 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Base Game Compatible. :)
Scholar
#124 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 8:37 AM
Okay, lilibug, I've looked at the career.
1. I can't see a reason why only Adults can see it. The coding for teens only is exactly the base as my two part time teen careers, so that doesn't make sense.
As for 2 and 3, I'd say there could be a fair amount of coding that doesn't match between the unhashedKeys and the English STBL. It might be an idea to redo the English STBL, following Thomas Riordan's way again. Make sure when you put the numbers in that they match, you might have missed a number off when adding it into the coding (I do it a lot).

Test Subject
#125 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 11:39 PM
Default Career Not Showing up
Alright, so after going over the tutorial thoroughly throughout the coding process, I have spent the last few days trying absolutely everything I could think of, while using every resource available on this thread, Creon's tutorial, and NRAAS website, and I just cannot find the error that is causing my career not to show up at it's rabbit-hole. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Meteorology_Career.zip (15.4 KB, 17 downloads) - View custom content
Page 5 of 23