Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims2RPC - Modded Sims 2 Launcher for Mansion and Garden

by LazyDuchess Posted 15th Oct 2020 at 7:04 PM - Updated 28th Jan 2023 at 8:00 PM by LazyDuchess : Notice

305 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 256 Feedback Posts, 48 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 13
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 16th Nov 2020 at 9:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LazyDuchess
Well if it launches Origin when you run it from Sims2EP9.exe then yes, you need a no-cd exe for the fix to work. They're easily available online.

Okay cheers! I'll hunt one down
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#102 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 1:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ovenhole
There's no Firstborn Syndrome going on here, I accelerated an ongoing pregnancy and the child looks different from their older siblings. Then I made the mother get pregnant again and boom, more twins.

Might be a mod doing weird things or a pregnancy modifier token? I know some premades come with those. I'm just... at a loss here, I've never had something like this happen.
Test Subject
#103 Old 24th Nov 2020 at 10:41 PM
So my game was working just fine earlier but now when I try to open it using Sims2RPC.exe it just stays on the initial black console window and nothing happens. Any ideas on how to fix this? Ive tried running as administrator and nothing changes.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#104 Old 25th Nov 2020 at 4:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fruityloopz
So my game was working just fine earlier but now when I try to open it using Sims2RPC.exe it just stays on the initial black console window and nothing happens. Any ideas on how to fix this? Ive tried running as administrator and nothing changes.

Try running Sims2RPCUpdater.exe and then try Sims2RPC again.
Test Subject
#105 Old 28th Nov 2020 at 3:08 AM
This might be a stupid question, but does the rich presence part of this require me to install the "discord-rpc" dll, and if so, where do I put it?
Mad Poster
#106 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 3:26 AM Last edited by kestrellyn : 29th Nov 2020 at 3:50 AM.
Hi, I have another question about this. My game randomly decided that it needed to be run in Windows XP compatibility mode in order to run at a resolution higher than 800x600. Whatever, that's just how it is now for some reason. In the course of trying to fix the problem I wound up reinstalling the game, which of course removed the RPC. After I got it back to the regular resolution, I installed the RPC again and ran Sims2RPC.exe in administrator mode. It worked fine, generated the other exe, and was in the proper resolution. But then I recreated the shortcut for my start menu that included the -fullscreen argument, because I like to have edge scrolling and I've never had a problem with fullscreen. Running this caused the game to revert back to 800x600, but when I ran the regular Sims2RPC.exe the resolution was normal. Is there a way to run with fullscreen that respects the compatibility options set on the Sims2EP9 executable?

Edit: Solved it - running Sims2RPC itself in compatibility mode fixed it. Hope this helps someone.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#107 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 1:04 PM
Seriously bless you guys for this!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#108 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 2:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by n8smom8496
This might be a stupid question, but does the rich presence part of this require me to install the "discord-rpc" dll, and if so, where do I put it?

The dll is the "discord_game_sdk.dll", already comes with Sims2RPC, you don't need to put it anywhere.
Test Subject
#109 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 5:57 PM
Thanks so much for this!

A few pieces of feedback. I'm in Windows 10 with the Ultimate Collection.
1. I tried using this with the Loading Randomizer and it doesn't seem to work. I only get the normal loading screen and never any custom ones. I may have set this up wrong, but the randomizer did work before I used your tool. I currently have a desktop shortcut to "C:\Users\...\LoadingRandomizer\bin\RandomizeJob.exe". The randomizer's exe path is set to "C:\Users\...\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSBin\Sims2RPC.exe". There also is a Sims2RPC.exe in my "LoadingRandomizer\bin" folder that I did not place. I only placed the RPC files in my SP9 folder as directed.

2. This might be related to number 1, but it seems every other time I launch with my desktop shortcut, I get a Sims2RPC error that "The code execution cannot proceed because discord_game_sdk.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem." But, if I click the shortcut again, it launches fine.

3. A third issue I have which also may be related to the loading screen randomizer, is that the command line options don't seem to work. In my SP9/TSBin folder, I created a Sims2EP9RPC.exe shortcut. I set this shortcut to run as admin and I added the "-hide -rpc -show -noupdate" options to the target line. This shortcut is what the Loading Screen Randomizer points to (but since it's a shortcut, the path in LoadingRandomizer.exe just shows Sims2EP9RPC.exe without the "- Shortcut" part added. I can tell it's not working because show isn't making the cmd window stay and when it breaks every other run, it is trying to update or something.

Hopefully this helps and isn't too confusing. Thanks for your hard work.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#110 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 7:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by flyertiger
Thanks so much for this!

A few pieces of feedback. I'm in Windows 10 with the Ultimate Collection.
1. I tried using this with the Loading Randomizer and it doesn't seem to work. I only get the normal loading screen and never any custom ones. I may have set this up wrong, but the randomizer did work before I used your tool. I currently have a desktop shortcut to "C:\Users\...\LoadingRandomizer\bin\RandomizeJob.exe". The randomizer's exe path is set to "C:\Users\...\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSBin\Sims2RPC.exe". There also is a Sims2RPC.exe in my "LoadingRandomizer\bin" folder that I did not place. I only placed the RPC files in my SP9 folder as directed.

2. This might be related to number 1, but it seems every other time I launch with my desktop shortcut, I get a Sims2RPC error that "The code execution cannot proceed because discord_game_sdk.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem." But, if I click the shortcut again, it launches fine.

3. A third issue I have which also may be related to the loading screen randomizer, is that the command line options don't seem to work. In my SP9/TSBin folder, I created a Sims2EP9RPC.exe shortcut. I set this shortcut to run as admin and I added the "-hide -rpc -show -noupdate" options to the target line. This shortcut is what the Loading Screen Randomizer points to (but since it's a shortcut, the path in LoadingRandomizer.exe just shows Sims2EP9RPC.exe without the "- Shortcut" part added. I can tell it's not working because show isn't making the cmd window stay and when it breaks every other run, it is trying to update or something.

Hopefully this helps and isn't too confusing. Thanks for your hard work.

Hmm that's interesting, are you sure you made a shortcut and didn't just copy the executable? It seems like it's updating and trying to find files on the loading randomizer and shortcut directories instead of in TSBin. For the third issue, you can create a "default.txt" text file in TSBin and put the commands you want each in a separate line. For example:
-hide
-rpc
-noupdate
Sims2RPC will load the commands in this file by default. By the way, -hide and -show do opposite things so they'll conflict. Maybe using this method will solve some or all of the issues with the Loading Randomizer?
Test Subject
#111 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 7:35 PM
Hmm that's interesting, are you sure you made a shortcut and didn't just copy the executable? It seems like it's updating and trying to find files on the loading randomizer and shortcut directories instead of in TSBin. For the third issue, you can create a "default.txt" text file in TSBin and put the commands you want each in a separate line. For example:
-hide
-rpc
-noupdate
Sims2RPC will load the commands in this file by default. By the way, -hide and -show do opposite things so they'll conflict. Maybe using this method will solve some or all of the issues with the Loading Randomizer?

Ok it looks like removing the target parameters and using the default.txt file fixed the problem! Also my bad on the conflicting options lol. I had hide originally but wanted to use show to debug.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#112 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by flyertiger
Ok it looks like removing the target parameters and using the default.txt file fixed the problem! Also my bad on the conflicting options lol. I had hide originally but wanted to use show to debug.

I'm glad that did it!
Test Subject
#113 Old 8th Dec 2020 at 4:20 PM
Hello, what do I do if Discord Rich Presence suddenly stops working? It was working fine for 2 days but then suddenly it just stopped showing up. And in the settings.txt I have RichPresence set to true
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#114 Old 9th Dec 2020 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iamadiamond17
Hello, what do I do if Discord Rich Presence suddenly stops working? It was working fine for 2 days but then suddenly it just stopped showing up. And in the settings.txt I have RichPresence set to true

Was it after an update? If so, do you remember what update worked last?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#115 Old 12th Dec 2020 at 1:01 AM
I've pushed an update that should hopefully fix the issues people were having. I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Test Subject
#116 Old 12th Dec 2020 at 1:43 PM
hi, folks!
I'm facing a crash while updating so I can't start my game from RPC;

are you experiencing anything like this?!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#117 Old 13th Dec 2020 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by brandonsujah
hi, folks!
I'm facing a crash while updating so I can't start my game from RPC;

are you experiencing anything like this?!

You can start RPC with the -noupdate command or download the latest update manually from https://github.com/LazyDuchess/Sims2RPC.com/releases and extract it into your TSBin, overriding the original RPC files. Sorry that the updater doesn't work

You can also check the troubleshooting section in the original post, there's a chance you might be missing a framework.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#118 Old 13th Dec 2020 at 6:23 PM Last edited by slynnski : 13th Dec 2020 at 6:38 PM.
Heya! Thanks SO much for this wonderful program. Reshade is working great, everything is working great -- except borderless. I have it in windowed mode but the borderless function isn't working. Any ideas?

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out! Thanks again!
Test Subject
#119 Old 14th Dec 2020 at 1:14 AM
You can start RPC with the -noupdate command or download the latest update manually from https://github.com/LazyDuchess/Sims2RPC.com/releases and extract it into your TSBin, overriding the original RPC files. Sorry that the updater doesn't work

You can also check the troubleshooting section in the original post, there's a chance you might be missing a framework.

thanks A lot! the manual update's working you're awesome
Lab Assistant
#120 Old 18th Dec 2020 at 10:59 AM
any way to turn off "Force 12hr clock"? I prefer 24h clock and I need to change it everytime when I use launcher... (i'm think I'm using the latest version possible)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#121 Old 18th Dec 2020 at 6:22 PM
I downloaded the newest update (1.9.6 I think), and now the game launches at 1440p which is my monitor resolution. I used to have the game set to 1080p because the UI is too small in 1440p. Is there a settings.txt option to change it? When I change it in game, the 1080p isn't stretched to fill the screen.

Love the smoother camera update btw thanks!
Lab Assistant
#122 Old 20th Dec 2020 at 11:04 PM Last edited by fluffyfeather : 20th Dec 2020 at 11:15 PM.
the last time i used this mod (which was like 2 months ago) everything worked fine, but ever since i updated it today to the latest version, some of the features from this launcher aren't working. the game isn't running borderless and the discord rich presence isnt working either. i thought that this meant the original sims 2 exe was being run but discord isnt even recognizing that im playing anything at all.

EDIT: ok just as i was about to give up i deleted the cache files again and updated the settings.txt file and made everything =true so now the game launches fine!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#123 Old 22nd Dec 2020 at 12:32 AM
Hi! This launcher is great, I love never having to worry about firstborn syndrome again. Since borderless is really useful, is there any way to have edge scrolling without using full screen? I'd really like to use borderless, but (at least for me) edge scrolling wasn't working, so I went back to full screen.
Mad Poster
#124 Old 22nd Dec 2020 at 4:31 PM
I have windowed mode and am able to use edge scrolling if it's enabled in the control options as long as I right click and drag the mouse though that won't work if edge scrolling is turned off in the game options.
Test Subject
#125 Old 23rd Dec 2020 at 9:27 PM
Hey! Thanks for making this mod, it seems really cool!

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like it works for me. I'm a disc user and because the files are linked to mansion and garden stuff, it won't let me launch the game using it, because that's not the disc I use to play the game- I use the University Life Collection disc, as that one is considered the most recent installment. Is there any way I can bypass that?
Page 5 of 13