Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Dec 2022 at 4:52 PM
Default Creating Mannequins
Hey, so I've been making a build recently that requires some specifically posed/dressed mannequins (The Drevis Residence from Mad Father), and I've been finding that the mannequins in the game really don't cut it, even with realistic skin overlays.

So theoretically, how doable would it be to like, make actual sims, dress them up how I want, and then take that model somehow, pose it, and then make it an object? I figure it's not very possible to make the mannequins in the game already be able to use hair and makeup and what have you, because someone would have done it already if it could be done fairly easily.

I suppose I could also just have pose replacers to get the poses I want for the mannequins in game but I might need more mannequins than I have pose slots, and I would honestly like to not have to rely on a mod to do that, just in case I do ever share the build somewhere.

Anyway, what's anyone's advice for what I should do? Would it be possible to make my own sim/mannequin objects? And how easy/hard would it be, considering I'm pretty much a beginner? Has anyone done this type of thing before? I have seen people make models as props before, but mostly from other games. Would it be doable to do that with a sim? Or should I just settle with the game ones?