Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 2:30 AM
1. DEFINITELY FreeTime of course, i just got it today, so i could be a little partial...but i just love that my sims now have stuff to do beyond just skill points, which can get tiresome. I also love the best friends relationship status, and the fact that toddlers can interact, i've been waiting for that one for a while, lol.

2. Seasons. I've had it so long that i can't remember which interactions came specifically with it...but i do like the season specific benefits, especially fall.

3. the rest of them kindof mingle together...but i like the Young Adult age group from University. and i like the cats from Pets. unfortunately, i'm not too fond of OfB and Nightlife. it just takes so long to load community lots! If i even use OfB it's for home businesses, or restaurants, for some reason i like running restaurants and will sacrifice the time to load. *shrug*
Advertisement
#102 Old 1st Jul 2008 at 4:10 AM
My first choice would have to be seasons for sure, i love that my sims can grow their own food, or fish for their own food.

Second would have to bee free time. It gets a little annoying with all of the phone calls I get when one of my sims gains interest in a hobby, but other than that i love the new objects especially the custom car kit, so much cheaper than a normal car, and my sims made it themselves!
Field Researcher
#103 Old 1st Jul 2008 at 10:20 PM
I think that my top favourites would be Seasons, Free Time, Bon Voyage and Nightlife. In that order. :3

1. University.
Don't have this EP, so I can't really say anything about it. But the whole spending ages on Uni thing sounds rather boring to me... even though the Cowplant is awesome, and so are the instruments. Young Adult stage... ehh. Sims lives last too long for me already.

2. Nightlife.
Yay, yay, triple yay! I've always liked this EP very much. It adds a lot of cool things, especially chemistry and dates etc. Being a hopeless romantic, I love that this was added. Vampires are also awesome, and cars, I suppose. I'm not a big car freak and never use them, but whatever. 8D Apart from these features, I can't exactly remember if anything else was added to NL. Compared to other EPs it does pale a bit, I think. Oh, the gypsy! It's always funny to see what kind of blind date she gives you...

3. Open For Business.
When I just got this EP I adored it. I thought it added a lot to the game. I spent ages making businesses... but eventually never got far. When I just reinstalled my game I decided to leave this EP out completely. Since I never did anything with businesses anymore. I did like Servos though.

4. Pets.
This one was a bit meh... it didn't add much apart from Pets... 4 pets or something... jeez Maxis, even TS1 had more pets than that! It was also very buggy. The pets were very adorable though! I couldn't stop cooing at them (yes I'm a loony ._.). But I was very disappointed that there weren't any pet shows... and that the cats couldn't catch mice. >: Never installed this EP again either.

5. Seasons.
Whee! I LOVE this EP. In my opinion, it's still the best one ever. Weather is just such a huge mood-setter, it changes the whole game experience for me. It also came with one of the best furniture sets so far, the country one. Growing your own crops and fishing is awesome as well. I liked that a lot in TS1, so in TS2 too. Luckily, growing them is a lot easier in this pack. No evil bunnies or moles!

6. Bon Voyage.
Don't have this one myself due to the age of my computer, but did install it on my sister's. At first I was very skeptical about this one... "Eew, vacation..." But then I remembered how often I actually went to the old Vacation Island in TS1 and told myself to shut up. Bon Voyage is actually a lot of fun! I love the new Asian theme, and how it will take a while before you've collected all those vacation mementos. Everything is funny. The Unsavatory Charlatan, Pirate Captain Edward Dregg (I'm still trying to learn to sing the Pirate Chanty IRL!)... It's a great EP really.

7. Free Time.
Got this one very recently, and I must say that I love it... at first I wanted it because I saw some cute pictures of the clothes and objects, and concluded that they all looked great. The secondary aspiration thing and new turn ons/offs were very cool. And the Hobbies actually kept me busy for ages! I just wish there were more Hobbies... Will definitely have to reinstall this one as soon as I get off my lazy butt and find it.

I don't have any Stuff Packs, but I'm intending to get H&M stuff after falling in love with the clothes. Need to get my greedy little hands on those. They actually look great for once.

So... from coolest to 'lamest'!

Seasons - Free Time - Bon Voyage - Nightlife - Open For Business - Pets - University.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the eye.
Alchemist
#104 Old 1st Jul 2008 at 10:39 PM
I have all of the expansions, but only three are installed. My computer sucks at life and lags if I have too many in. The ones I have in right now are my "can't-live-without" ones; NL, OFB, Seasons. I don't have all the stuff packs, just Family Fun and H&M, I think. Family Fun isn't installed because it hates my computer, but H&M is in.

I liked Uni a lot and I always had it in, but I rarely sent people to college, because well... it just takes too damn long to put them through it. I have no patience. I had to take out one of my expansions, so that was one of the ones to go. Pets was nice, I love all the animals and the interactions are adorable. Also, I really like the furniture and all that came with it. Again, lagged my game up too much, so I took it out. I liked Bon Voyage, but the loading time for me was INSANE. I sent my sims on vacation once and it took an HOUR to load the vacation spot. I couldn't deal with it, so it got taken out. I got Free Time for my birthday and I actually loved it, A LOT. It was working fine, but then it decided to bitch at me and lag, sooo... I took that out too.

I've been thinking about re-installing Pets or Free Time, but if it starts to lag again and I have to take it out, I'll lose all my families AGAIN.

*sigh* Anyways...
Field Researcher
#105 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 6:04 AM
My favorite EP is hands down the traveling show ep. I love the carnivals and traveling freakshows with fortunetellers tents and gypsy wagons. Plus they finally got actual magic and spells and potions into the game with that one. Yeah thats my favorite for sure...
Oh wait that doesn't exist yet does it? Damn it...
Well of the ones that are not part of my vivid imagination In order of best to worst I would have to rate the current EP's that I own thusly:
1. Nightlife-dating and the vampires and cars just really are great elements.
2. seasons-the ability to plant gardens and fish and other outdoor activities is really cool. Plus they got weather in finally which is wonderful.
3. pets- I am obsessed with cute furry critturs and love that my sims can have them too.
4. bon voyage-the vacation thing is prtty neat. I have enjoyed t and some of the other added elements a great deal.
5 open for business- I have a few businesses but I have to say that for the most part I use very little of this ep but I like the concept which puts it above uni at least.
6. University-I just can't seem to get into this EP. It is a huge time suck that is not nearly as much fun as the other parts ofthe game. I find myself getting bored when I try to play my uni lots more than during any other aspect of game play.

I have yet to purchase Freetime but I do plan on picking it up eventually.
#106 Old 12th Jul 2008 at 9:12 PM
So far I only have Nightlife, Seasons, and University, but I think my most favorite would have to be Nightlife. My sims always have somewhere to go if im bored with them and the vampires are awesome. Im getting Open For Business soon though and i'm SO excited :clap: hopefully i'll enjoy this EP
Scholar
#107 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 1:58 PM
Open for business is so much fun! Want your Sims to have lots of money without using cheats? Set aside a spare room and start a home business! No fuss involved.

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

#108 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 2:13 PM
Open for Business is a great expansion pack.

It adds the cheesecake option, the ability to own your home business doing anything from selling robots to selling televisions and it's great for fortune sims who have wants such as "earn 5,000 simoleons" because OFB includes a thing where it adds up all your pay then transferrs it into completing that want.
#109 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 2:39 PM
I love the idea of having a home business, and I cant wait to make a servo. I dont like how they look in-game so i'm already searching for some good default replacements.
Scholar
#110 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 2:46 PM
Home businesses are awesome. In about 7 Sim days, my Sim started a home business, ran it until it got to Rank 10, and then moved out, effectively selling her business. Her home cost her less than $20,000 - when she moved out, she had over $200,000 to her name. All she did was sell televisions and other electronical stuff for a week. xD

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

Field Researcher
#111 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 2:57 PM
Good thread idea, HP.

Seasons is in the lead, and yay says I. I voted Freetime as well. I guess I like these packs because they don't add annoying special neughborhoods that you never go to (like vacation spots for Bon Voyage and a business district for Open For Business), but it implements the new features into everyday gameplay in your sims' own home - like hobbies and seasonal shifts.
#112 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 3:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Figgi
Her home cost her less than $20,000 - when she moved out, she had over $200,000 to her name. All she did was sell televisions and other electronical stuff for a week. xD

Wow! When I first started playing the sims it was so hard for them to make money (when I only had nightlife) but now with University and Open for business my sims will have TOO much money I dont want all of my sims to be rich lol maybe i'll have to stop sending them to college and see if they can run a business on their own
Alchemist
#113 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 3:06 PM
I think that Seasons is pretty pointless to me because i just set my neighborhoods to summer anyway. My fave is either Pets or Freetime.
#114 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 2:18 PM
Ok

Nightlife I have never played the sims 2 WITHOUT nightlife, so I don't even know what it would be like! Downtown and etc. seem necessary to me.

University for me, being a uni student myself (too old for this game? :D) loved University. Getting my sims to go through my current stage of life is pretty cool. Teen > Adult is only realistic for people who don't go to college, so it really added a wonderful touch to the game for me. I get sims who I think are dumb/too poor to not go and they go straight into the world of work (although the financial and intelligence aspects of college are unrealistically missed).

Seasons has been the coolest EP since Uni, again, it adds a necessary addition to the game.

OFB comes next in the list, it's real cool opening businesses and running them, but frankly I could live without it. - And as have people have mentioned, it is too damn easy! It is so easy to build a business then move out and sell it for loads of money.

Pets frankly sucks. Is unrealistic. Unnecessary.

So I vote Uni.
#115 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 8:20 PM
IDK which sims2 game to get...

I mean i really like bussiness i think its kewl that you can make a store, but freetime looks kewl to because singing band and etc but bonvoyage you can go on vacation!?!??1

which one should i get!?

~tiki
#116 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 8:41 PM
I only have Nightlife and Seasons. I used my friend's Pets CD to install it onto my computer and played it for a while, but the lag was TERRIBLE. One sim minute took about 5 seconds IRL. Since too many EPs lag up my computer like heck, I only have 2, but I have to say that both EPs are marvelous.
I love dates and the gypsy--they're so fun! I also liked the new chemistry and turn-on features, they added a whole new aspect to the game. As for Seasons, well...what's not to love about it? All of the seasons are so beautiful, and I love the winter penguin
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 9:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lolwtf
Pets frankly sucks. Is unrealistic. Unnecessary.

Why do you think it's unrealistic?

Curiously enough, the only thing that went through the mind of the bowl of petunias as it fell was Oh no, not again. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams

The Hunger Site - Click once a day for free to give food to developing countries!
#118 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 4:30 AM
Pets is my least favorite, and ugh it's really hard to choose a favorite because I love the rest of them so much! I would have to say Nightlife.
#119 Old 25th Jul 2008 at 8:22 AM
My favourite EP's would def. be Nightlife and Seasons and my favourite SP is GL.
My least fav EP is OFB and least fav SP is FF.
Test Subject
#120 Old 25th Jul 2008 at 5:12 PM
1.Seasons Loads of new useful features,nice new furniture,fishing,gardening,skill building in the fall,relationship building in the summer,weather looks and sounds very nice, thunderstorms are my favorite,
and last but not least the penguin!

Downsides: Temperature bar, constant outwear chaning in and out of, no fishies so i have to enter in the code,gardening and fishing sometimes seems like a chore

2.University Yes, university actually is my second favorite, and this is why: friends, univeristy is a wonderful time to make freinds and skill building(and possibly a spouse) not to mention the useful new objects/interactions like kicky bag and the new musical instruments, plus the bubble blower which is a wonderful thing for party's

Downsides:long and boring

Night Life Nightlife is good because of the cars..even though they are practically useless, it adds a nice touch of realism, the dates are good for memory filling and not to mention free stuff.The Clubs are fun and being able to have an in-home bowling ally is sweet

Downsides:community lots lag me alot

Open For Business I also like this one because of the new items and being able to run a business at home, a bakery i find is very fun, and my next dream is to run a car dealership/realestate office I wonder how mush I could make.
Downsides:needs seem to deplete faster and I have never actually had succsesful business

Pets Buggy,boring,horrible new items, animals ruining your homes;Im happy with a fish tank

Stuff packs

Holiday Stuff: poop

Glamour Life: its okay,wont waste my money on stuff packs anymore
Lab Assistant
#121 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 11:46 PM
Of the ones I have, from top to...less top. I really love them all!!

1. Seasons—No extra loading to experience the EP, I LOVE the snow and the fall lighting especially, wallpapering pools, Plantsims (best monsters yet!!)
2. Bon Voyage—Beachlots are (OMG!!) what I've been needing for years. I also love the quest for vacation mementos.
3. Nightlife—Vampires, dating, cars...I especially love the Photo Booth and slow dancing!!
4. Pets—I love the stuff this EP comes with!! It's my fave and I haven't yet managed to build a house without Pets wallpapers. And the pets themselves are adorable!!
5. Uni—It's nice to be able to choose when teens can grow up...and college gameplay is fun.

But I do love them all. Just because something isn't my number-one fave doesn't mean it's bad.
#122 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 3:19 PM
The only EP I have is Nightlife, but I love it! I love dating, vampires, and the cars!

I got Seasons before, but it didn't work well on my computer. The walls were flashing red. -_- I had to return it to the store.
Field Researcher
#123 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 4:01 PM
My favorite expansion packs are seasons because its just wonderful and whats not to love? My other favorite is Open For Business, I know many people don't agree, but I just love it and have had multiple successful businesses. My favorite business is my community garage sale, its a good way of cheating without actually cheating haha.

My least favorite I guess is pets, even though I love the space set for little boys. I just don't really play with pets much.

I didn't like most of the stuff packs except Kitchen & Bath Stuff and Glamour Life. FF Stuff sucked. It was a hugeee disappointment. I haven't gotten Ikea or H&M Stuff packs but I heard those were some of the better Stuff packs.
Test Subject
#124 Old 14th Aug 2008 at 10:56 PM
I hope I have not posted here. Oh well, if I have, this will be a more complete post than what my earlier one would have been.

I have not played Bon Voyage, so it will not be in this list. I'm still wondering whether I should buy it... (or ask my parents to buy me it for Christmas or something.)

I'd put them in this order:

1. Seasons. This Expansion pack is VERY well done. I have not seen more realistic snow fall in any game before, and the fact that the snow accumulates on all objects is so cool also. I can not play The Sims 2 without Seasons, Seasons is a must have EP in my opinion... But that's probably because I personally hate sunny weather. I've been waiting for this EP forever (even for The Sims 1, which I had an falling snow object.)

My only complaint is Spring.. and the complaint about it is, it's way too much like summer. The trees don't even bud. It would have been nice if the trees budded, but it's a minor complaint. I don't play the warmer seasons much anyways. XD

2. Nightlife. People like to say it's too similar to Hot Date for The Sims 1, but I think that is ridiculous. Nightlife added drivable CARS something practically everybody had been wanting for the longest time. Not only do they look cool, they also added a system where you can choose the lot you want to go to without spending an hour loading up the whole neighborhood. That is why I love the expansion, cars. I don't use the dating system too much, I'm no good with things like that, but I believe Nightlife also added some other things related to relationships? I forget... It's been a long time since I played The Sims 2 with Nightlife alone.

3. University. I primarily like it so much because it's make Legacy generations where your family sim has the life want of having six kids bearable. I had played without it for a while, and it was absolutely unbearable. (I'm impatient.) I also like the university characters (like the mascots). That's probably just me, but they make the game funny sometimes.

4. Open For Business. I have not used it much, but it is a nice Expansion Pack, I believe. The whole business thing is pretty neat... but it's also somewhat complicated and hard to do with a first generation Sim without cheating. That is why I haven't used it so much.

5. Free Time. I really do not find this expansion pack too useful. I wanted a wind instrument! T_T That aside, it's nice to have something other than a guitar for once. Plus they brought back the basketball hoop. The whole enthusiasm feature is kind of pointless though. Yay, new lots... But nothing really that great about them from what I've seen. I have only had this expansion pack for less than a month though.

EDIT: I forgot one awesome thing it added, which I have to give it credit for: Aging other Sims you know. That is a great addition.

6. Pets. Ugh. The pets are cute, but this EP is just really the bottom of the barrel. All it is is pets. This made me mad because I believe Maxis at one point said they wouldn't make an expansion pack EXACTLY like the original, and Pets is, if anything, worse than Unleashed. The only new feature is Werewolfs, of which I haven't even used them.
#125 Old 15th Aug 2008 at 3:19 AM
Idk Why more people picked Seasons. I mean of course it's great. But I just got Free time and I'm loving it. I guess it really it is a matter of opinion. Seasons is great too! Actually. I love them all! :D
Page 5 of 33