Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#2701 Old 21st Aug 2022 at 9:22 PM
On my dashboard today, I found this article:
For many neurodiverse people, 'The Sims' has been a lifelong comfort

And for all of us, actually.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2702 Old 21st Aug 2022 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
On my dashboard today, I found this article:
For many neurodiverse people, 'The Sims' has been a lifelong comfort

And for all of us, actually.

This is not an awesome thing . This article just prove we are not completely different than the rest of the Humanity. We are enough closer than the rest of the world, to bring down the diagnosis lol. (wel it's a joke no offense)
Just good for us tongues loosen.

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Mad Poster
#2703 Old 22nd Aug 2022 at 7:39 AM
This game is a help for those of us with Gender idenity issues like myself who was female by birth and I don't even idnetify fully with that gender as I see my self as a mix and sometimes switch between boy and girl in phases and I've always done that for most of my life.So many of us in this community don't always identify as our birth genders and some of us had know it as children like I did at three years of age.
Mad Poster
#2704 Old 22nd Aug 2022 at 9:31 PM
Sun&Moon has done it again.
Pressing Matters - Oil Production
Oil Production
The Sunflowers: The backbone and starting point of oil production begins with grown and harvesting sunflowers. This is an industrial style season crop that needs to be fertilized. Come fall, harvest those seeds for oil, or food if times are pressing.
The Botanicals Book:
This serves as an inventory tool for sims to posses to either do autonomous actions or to bypass trait restrictions.
The Oil Press:
This crafting station is mainly used to process Sunflower Seeds into All Purpose Oil. However it can also process Animal Lard, Olives, Grapes, and Coconuts into all purpose oil.
The Oil Distiller:
This crafting station can take those Raw Oils, and turn them into Pure Essential Oils. If sims have access to Rosemary or Wild Roses, they can also distill additional Essential Oils of Rose and Rosemary.
The Essential Oil Burner:
Makes rooms smell good and boosts different motives. Requires Essential Oils and Natural Tealight Candles to function though.
The Oil Lamps:
Aside from cooking, all the All Purpose oil can be used to light up sims homes. With the Functional Oil Lamps, sims will put oil into the light and then turn it on. It will burn for eight hours. If sims have an oil bottle in inventory and it’s night, they may autonomously light oil lamps. For those who don’t want to worry about fueling their oil lamps, and identical set of No Fuel Lamps has been included.
http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...65aaedd0912aeea
Mad Poster
#2705 Old 22nd Aug 2022 at 11:27 PM
That new set looks like a great addition for my Pleasantview game taking place in the early 17th century before modern lighting was around.It looks like it would add more historically accurate lighting to my game.
Mad Poster
#2706 Old 23rd Aug 2022 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
That new set looks like a great addition for my Pleasantview game taking place in the early 17th century before modern lighting was around.It looks like it would add more historically accurate lighting to my game.

When I first seen it, I actually thought of you and your game.
Mad Poster
#2707 Old 23rd Aug 2022 at 7:53 AM
It looks like a great idea for anybody playing a historical game like mine and I downloaded it to be added to my game ASAP since Pleasantview need this badly and it would help in a few of my other games.Riverview City and Riverdale are other places where this would help and it helps greatly in Old TOwn and even Harrow Creek.
Forum Resident
#2708 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
This game is a help for those of us with Gender idenity issues like myself who was female by birth and I don't even idnetify fully with that gender as I see my self as a mix and sometimes switch between boy and girl in phases and I've always done that for most of my life.So many of us in this community don't always identify as our birth genders and some of us had know it as children like I did at three years of age.

I am interesting. True, a lot of people in this community are non cis and I am wondering... except on the sims 4 that now , people can identify as the "gender" they feel (for questionning people), they deeply are . How far the sims 2 helped you to identify yourself? To how can I say, to valide yourself as emby?
I know this game is not based on gender but on biological sex only.
I bet the sims even don't care of their biological sex, only for the woohoo reproduction loooool.

To me a gender is just a preference, people are not strictly forced to follow the dictatirship of this cruel Society. People got the freewill to be. People are free to express themselves, and we are not a gender. We are personality first. That's why I hate the word gender and we shouldn't use it ANYMORE . That's a nonsense to me. I know I speak French and in my language , words got an other level of understanding.

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Theorist
#2709 Old 5th Sep 2022 at 11:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LucieSims
We are personality first. That's why I hate the word gender and we shouldn't use it ANYMORE . That's a nonsense to me.
I believe you struck quite a delicate spot for people who are struggling to discover their gender identity. Just because you personally don't believe in the gender norms, doesn't mean that everyone should just stop using this one word. It's an integral part of the society we live in, after all. Take a transgender person that had a very hard time transitioning - they have every right to complain and be vocal all they want if they get misgendered - they used to be gender 1, and now they're gender 2: they didn't undergo all sorts of physiological changes just to abandon the way they wanted to be titled and treated as all this long. I don't think there are that many imposed rules to follow being this-and-that gender - more like, the world is full of assholes, and every now and then, someone is going to offend you for being a man with an eyeliner, a woman with [insert very long list here], or for being someone else other than the two. I agree that you are what you feel like, that we are a personality first; but there's no need to create an entirely different gender just because someone wears flashy colors, pees while squatting, likes to drive a car with only the left hand on the wheel at 1 o'clock.

For gender-questioning, gender non-conforming people and maybe even for some cis people, sure, pronouns don't matter, community toilets don't matter, yadda-yadda - but for a lot of people, the notion of genders is a core part of their identity and personality.
Mad Poster
#2710 Old 14th Sep 2022 at 7:12 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 14th Sep 2022 at 8:08 PM.
It's not TS2, but could easily be very useful to TS2 players, at least the converters among us - Anyone wants a free TS4 kit (desert kit)? You can get it for free at Origin and Steam for about a month or so, if I read the info correctly.

(as long as you own TS4 via Steam or Origin - Log in, choose it, choose the "paypal" or any other option, make sure it says 0$ or whatever currency you have, leave payment info empty, the button should be clickable - and voila! Free kit! Tested and it worked, although haven't tried ingame yet. You can apparently go in and download via the game too. Also, TS4 BG may be going free next month - but there are several asterisks in that link, so not sure what that means...).

https://simscommunity.info/2022/09/...lable-for-free/
https://simscommunity.info/2022/09/...ing-next-month/

(There are packs/kits I'd much rather have, but haven't bought anything since cats&dogs, so I'll take all the freebies they sling my way )

(Oh, and happy 18th birthday to TS2, by the way! Now you're all grown up, so you can and drive... at least in some countries, I guess And the birthday gift is for TS4, so yay! But at least TS2 has drivable cars )
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2711 Old 14th Sep 2022 at 9:57 PM
Thanks @simmer22 I managed to download the kit, took a while though because I had everything offline (I don't want Origin doing anything without me knowing ). Re-enabling wasn't easy as it kept telling me to enable one thing, then another, then another... eventually it said I had Origin in some other obscure mode that required me to run as admin, but even when I did it wouldn't let me do anything. Turned out there are about four places to enable each option! Got it eventually and it took a while longer to figure out how to buy it without having to put in some payment details. But I have it in-game now!! So I then quit and booted up Sims 2.
Mad Poster
#2712 Old 14th Sep 2022 at 10:29 PM
I did have a few issues - Origin demanded an update, and when it was done, it had logged me completely out, demanding me to verify my Email, so I had to get on that very obscure Email I haven't touched in probably a few years to do that (spam has clogged that one to unimaginable degrees of "I don't even want to poke it with a 10-meter stick" - My other mails at least have a working spam filter... ). But other than this I didn't have any issues getting to the pack. Origin does seem to think I own every single GP, but I think that's just a visual bug (a few other people reported this), since the GPs don't seem to be installed or in my game library, and I sure didn't buy them (but wouldn't at all be sad if they decided to just give the packs to me ).
Forum Resident
#2713 Old 14th Sep 2022 at 11:22 PM
I play sims 2 without origin. I don't miss origin at all. So if by chance I can't go online at all in the future, I can still play sims 2 the way it should be. Offline.
Mad Poster
#2714 Old 18th Sep 2022 at 8:21 PM
Sun&Moon have updated their spices and herbs.

Spice of Life - Ultimate Herb, Spice, & Wildflower Set
Spice of Life is a combination and optimization of the two previous sets of Herbs, Spice, and Everything Nice and The Spice Must Flow.
Optimizations/Prominent Changes Include:
● A number of textures have been reduced in size.
● All Herb/Spice harvest basket textures are now linked to the Inventory Tool - Large Harvest Basket File. *NOTE: A new version of this tool has been included in this set with a slightly different name. REMOVE any previous version.
● All Herb/Spice Jar are now linked to a new item SunMoon-HerbSpice-EmptyJar-TEXTUREMAIN.
● Trait Support for sims with the Gatherer Trait
● All Harvests now available in catalog.
● Tier display, wall rack and counter rack have been repositoried to the Winery Cask Shelf
● Harvesting plants now gives FT Nature enthusiasm IF FT is installed
● Sims with the gatherer trait have a 10% chance of an extra harvest when gathering a herb/spice. This is BCON-tuneable
This set allows sims to collect fresh herbs and spices and then turn them into dried ground versions. You can choose between 12 jars or 1 bulk sack. All spice/herb converters may be found in Appliances > Small. All Herb/Spice plants and trees may be found in Build > Gardening.
http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...ac6b31483469b5f
Mad Poster
#2715 Old 19th Sep 2022 at 2:12 AM
Another take on Bella Goth lore explained in detail, anyone?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRuvxFrKsfQ
Theorist
#2716 Old 20th Sep 2022 at 11:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Another take on Bella Goth lore
With skipped intro, please-Americans-vote-now-talk and an explanation on what The Sims franchise is, here's a 5-minutes-into-the-video link:
https://youtu.be/JRuvxFrKsfQ?t=306
Mad Poster
#2717 Old 23rd Sep 2022 at 7:35 PM
I just downloaded the new herbs and spice set which would be perfect for my Pleasantview game as the first settlers begin to arrive and colonize the valley to become Pleasantview starting in the 17th century.It's also great for a few other towns Intend to play.
Alchemist
#2718 Old 27th Sep 2022 at 5:48 AM
Thanks to EpiSims, sims can have favorite colors with Color Traits! It's a randomizer much like Hexagonal Bipyramid's trait system that lets you pick a sim's favorite or disliked color. I'm already impressed my the mods coming out for it and I can't wait to see more:
Toothbrushes by Color Traits
Pencils by Color Traits
Coffee Mugs by Color Traits
Gifts by Color Traits
Engagement Ring Stones by Color Traits
And JellyMeduza made some mods compatible with Color Traits, too!

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Alchemist
#2719 Old 2nd Oct 2022 at 8:27 PM
Gain Charisma While Chatting by Pick'N'Mix Sims

Sorry for the double post, but come on, this is big right? Anyway, only works for Chat, but maybe other simmers will get inspired...

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2720 Old 2nd Oct 2022 at 11:05 PM
Sun&Moon soap making
https://sunmoon-starfactory.tumblr....aking-using-the

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#2721 Old 3rd Oct 2022 at 3:57 AM
Well, if they were going to make gaining charisma from socialization the sims 3 & 4 way, I guess you would need to modify every single positive social interaction in the game and that might take a LOT of work, but I think it can be done. Still, the pick n' mix mod is a good start. :D
Mad Poster
#2722 Old 4th Oct 2022 at 8:46 PM
Sun&Moon Bittersweet - Sugar, Chocolate & Vanilla

http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...74df71f3dd49eeb
Alchemist
#2723 Old 10th Oct 2022 at 12:14 AM
Wider Design Tool by Lamare. Finally I can see all the bajillion recolors I download, .

Mad Poster
#2724 Old 18th Oct 2022 at 5:37 AM
This isn't at all new, but I've just found it. It's a mod by BoilingOil on Leefish that lets children get babies' bottles from the fridge. I've always felt that the likes of Gabrielle and Gallagher Newson would really like to help more with their younger siblings, but Maxis didn't provide the means for them to do so. Well (hopefully) with this mod they can. I haven't actually tried it yet myself, so I can't guarantee that it works, but, as I believe BO to be a very competent modder, I'm quietly confident.

It also sounds like a good companion to lazyDuchess's much more recent mod to let children prepare their own cereal.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#2725 Old 22nd Oct 2022 at 7:56 PM
A rather in-depth and admiring look at the entire Sims series as the Sims 4 is going free to play.
https://www.vice.com/en/article/wxn...e=pocket-newtab

Lots of Sims 1 pictures!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Page 109 of 119