Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More Decorative Slots for Maxis Furniture - Dressers, Desks, End Tables, Coffee Tables, Vanity and more (Updated 2008/11/10, Seasons Country Sink and Toilet were added)

by Lord Darcy Posted 28th Jul 2008 at 6:39 PM - Updated 15th Jan 2011 at 1:07 AM by Lord Darcy : v1.05: Seasons Country Sink and Toilet were added.

207 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 86 Feedback Posts, 120 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 9
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#51 Old 1st Aug 2008 at 8:50 PM
What would we do without you? Thank you ever so much.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#52 Old 1st Aug 2008 at 9:49 PM
Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!

nuff said
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#53 Old 1st Aug 2008 at 10:12 PM Last edited by Lord Darcy : 2nd Aug 2008 at 1:14 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by chris47
There's another benefit over Anoeska's mods - I just pulled those folders out in favor of trying these, and cleared 5MB out of my downloads. Anoeska's have always worked fine in my game, but 80K > 5MB to me, any day.

Be aware that mine does not contain cloned FT objects like Anoeska's, e.g. FT vintage stereo or Entertainment Center. That's why her set is so much bigger than mine.

Quote: Originally posted by fway
I would also like to report before I install this mod, that I had put the Ant Farm from Freetime on the IKEA dresser, and it appears that the animations are a bit off when sims are playing with it. Their hands go through the dresser and the animation looks weird. Will this mod fix the animation problem?

In short, no. It cannot be "fixed", as the proper animation simply does not exist.

I already mentioned this wrong animation height issue in the main post. Decorative slots are not intended for objects with which Sims can interact (e.g. phones, alarm clocks) in the first place. Those objects come with canned animations specifically aligned to fixed standard heights (counters, tables, low tables). The animation specifically aligned to IKEA dresser height (or any other dresser height, for that matter) simply does not exist. Objects placed on decorative slots will display animations for table height, so Sims' hands pass through the dresser when they interact with Ant Farm.

EAxis provided animation of Ant Farm only for table height, that's why it cannot be placed on kitchen counters or coffee tables. (Read: EAxis got lazy and did not bother to supply animations for all three standard heights.)

Quote: Originally posted by fway
Also, were you thinking about making slots for the OFB craft benches or even the FreeTime sewing machine?

Again, NO. They're functional objects. Besides, they come close to standard heights. (OFB crafting benches - counter, FT sewing machine and pottery wheel - table) Use appropriate OMSPs instead.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Check out my Journal for updates on past creations.
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#54 Old 2nd Aug 2008 at 1:36 AM Last edited by Lord Darcy : 10th Nov 2008 at 12:13 PM.
2008-08-02: Updated to v1.01. 2 desks from base game (Value, Central Asian) were added. (1 slot for Value, 3 slots for Central Asian)

For Central Asian desk, use center slot only, or left and right slots without center slot for the best result.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#55 Old 2nd Aug 2008 at 6:30 AM
Thank you so much for this! I love how your hacks fix things to make them so much more useful.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#56 Old 2nd Aug 2008 at 11:11 AM
gosh, i love you for that, lord darcy!!! :lovestruc i'm addicted to clutter!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#57 Old 2nd Aug 2008 at 4:35 PM
Awesome, totally awesome!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#58 Old 2nd Aug 2008 at 11:07 PM
Lord Darcy, you are a virtual slavedriver! Think of all the Sims homes I shall now have to clutter up even more! Seriously, awesome hack - thank you, thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#59 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 9:59 AM Last edited by Canoodle : 6th Aug 2008 at 2:36 AM. Reason: Off Topic. Please read the Posting Guidelines.
Wow they're great!

thank you!
Wiki Wizard
THANKS POST
#60 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 1:38 PM
Like most of your work, this is really amazing
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#61 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 2:01 PM
Thanks Lord Darcy, I tried the hidden shelfs from Windkeeper but they don't always work, thanks cos I like cluttering up my sims, the ikea desk is perfect 4 cluttering!

Once again thanks
Test Subject
#62 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 2:32 PM
Wow this is sooooo cool! I've wanted something like this ever since I discovered you could put things on some dressers but no other so THANK YOU! Finally my simmies houses can look natural.

Question: In the screenshot with the oriental stuff what hair is that the sim lady's wearing? It looks pretty =D

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#63 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 3:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by liza2u
In the screenshot with the oriental stuff what hair is that the sim lady's wearing?

It's Maxis updo hairstyle from Celebration Stuff.
I never use custom hairs when I take screenshots for my mods. They tend to draw focus away from what I'm trying to explain in the pictures.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#64 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 3:38 PM
Absolutely amazing Lord Darcy!
I have no idea how many times I've looked at the Ikea desk and thought 'why can't I put this vase up on one of those stupidly bare shelves?!' I'm off to go clutter up my sims' homes and drastically reduce the number of endtables everywhere at last. Thanks!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#65 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 4:15 PM
YEAY!
This is awsome!
Thank you so much!

//HB
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#66 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 4:35 PM
LOVE!!!! Thank you!! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#67 Old 4th Aug 2008 at 3:17 PM
Thank you soo much!!! This will really give my sim's homes a much more realistic feel.
:D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#68 Old 4th Aug 2008 at 6:39 PM
Many thanks, your improvements to Maxis objects makes the game so much more realistic and enjoyable.

Keep up the good work, Kat
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#69 Old 4th Aug 2008 at 9:38 PM
YOU'RE SUPER! That is just wat I wanted! :D
_o_
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#70 Old 5th Aug 2008 at 12:29 AM
If this really works, I will be sooo happy!
Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 5th Aug 2008 at 8:27 AM Last edited by jonayla : 20th Aug 2008 at 3:49 PM. Reason: More praise
You are the new god for the clutterers like moi.

I've had a terrible build-a-rama since this came and so far I've given up the idea of an ideal Japanese homes with only the basics.

Is there a slot on top of the IKEA drawer unit, was it Helmer drawer unit? I remember trying to put something on it and it kind of sunk in it. I was running moveobjects, though so I'm not sure.

Thank you a billion times, I can ditch most of the invisible slot blocks (though they have been my favorite companions in Simchester for quite some time now)

God loved the birds and created trees. Man loved the birds and created cages -Jaques Duvall
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#72 Old 6th Aug 2008 at 12:36 AM Last edited by Canoodle : 6th Aug 2008 at 2:35 AM. Reason: Off Topic. Please read the Posting Guidelines.
Awesome...
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#73 Old 6th Aug 2008 at 3:48 AM
YAY! Clutter! Now my Sim's rooms can be almost as much of a mess as mine is! Now, all I need to find is a 3' tall stack of junk with a 6X6 footprint... Just kidding! Thanks again!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#74 Old 6th Aug 2008 at 1:13 PM
This is so great!! Thank you!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#75 Old 6th Aug 2008 at 2:39 PM
nice work .. thnx a lot ^_^
Page 3 of 9