Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims 3 Dashboard tool (Updated 1st July 2022: v1.3.8217.25892)

by Tashiketh Posted 15th Jan 2010 at 11:51 PM - Updated 1st Jul 2022 at 2:25 PM by Tashiketh

2153 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1627 Feedback Posts, 525 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 10 of 87
Test Subject
#226 Old 25th Jan 2010 at 6:56 PM Last edited by Carnael : 25th Jan 2010 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Wrong timespan after fix, 7 minutes is more accurate.
Just wanted to express my gratitude!!!

Posted this elsewere, regarding a few somewhat corrupted files that I thougt could be wourth mention here aswell.
Having trubble with Sims3, slow loadingtimes, choppines and other forms of surprisingly poor performance despite having a computer that more than well exceeds the game's requirements? Maybe this wikilink might prove helpful for you...

http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?t...ackage_File_Lag

It did for me!

It turned out that despite my using of using Delphys most exellent Dashboard Tool to try and find my problem files.
http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=387006 .I had to look futher for a solution.

Even tho Delphys Dashboard tool found and corrected many of my problems. After using that little goldnugget, my loadingtimes went from ruffly 40minutes to a meager 20 for a full game load up ready to play!
The problem was that it still was practicly unplaybl due to "lag"/choppines and horrible performance.

With little or no luck. The Process Monitor method mentioned in the Wiki was my own savoiur.

I had 5 files that combined was used/open/readed almost 20million times during 15min of LIVEgameplay!

My culprints were...

[KokAsa]PeggyHair04997.package
Bon_peggyfh0026_elegantbraid.package
ClingingTop.package
HS_MeshTS3_1.package
Peggyzone-sim3-DONATE_FAhair0068-091205.package

Eatch and everyone of those was used, a whopping 3-5 million times during a single 15min gametest.
The closest "badguy's" of *.packages after those five, was only used 300-350 times...
And It seems my computer actully can live with that...

After I had wroten those down and whiped them from my "mods" folder.
The game is now loading into LIVEplay in under 7minutes and with no "lag"/choppines worth mentioning while in LIVEplay.
And that with 21folders/1504files and almost 3.84GB of data in my Mods/Packages folder...
Test Subject
#227 Old 25th Jan 2010 at 7:08 PM
first off, THANK YOU. it seems to be working very well for me.

I want to also check the files that were installed using the launcher. Is it alright to cut and paste my dcbackup folder from documents/... into my programfiles/...mods/packages folder to scan those files as well?

It is usually the launcher installed garbage that is the problem.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#228 Old 25th Jan 2010 at 8:34 PM
carnael: Can you zip up and send me those 5 files? I'd be interested in seeing what the new dashboard says about them.

climbingsideways: This tool is not designed to check dbc files.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#229 Old 25th Jan 2010 at 10:00 PM
Delphy, Yes of course I can... Hate to trash stuff... (for a month or 2 permanently) have 7z-ziped them and uploaded it to this link.

http://depositfiles.com/files/18aqvwhcq
http://depositfiles.com/files/18aqvwhcq

Btw my meager guess is that those files also gave me "extension(KLICK TO CONTINUE) errors" with your own program.
After I removed these files I havent seen an error message while using your tool. Before I did this "erase", I also got errormessages using your tool, but didn't pay much attension tho...just bypasted it with the mousebutton and went forward with the scan...
Field Researcher
#230 Old 25th Jan 2010 at 11:55 PM Last edited by SimplicityFlower : 26th Jan 2010 at 1:10 AM.
Just to add my 2 penneth worth here - I ran this test on my own system and I am pretty sure you can guess what I found...

those files that I rar'd up for you in my previous post (the peggy ones and the Raon both with and without peggy in the name extension) were up there on the top of the list as being accessed....

72 THOUSAND TIMES in the space of about 5 minutes of Live gameplay.

Needless to say those few files have now been painfully executed and the name of Peggy has been marred further!

and, just like my fellow poster ^ running your dashboard tool without those files in now completes the 'refresh' when opened with no error messages whatsoever.

it's my humble opinion that your latter remark about them being 'Toast' is probably the most relevant. Even redownloading and testing them results in the same errors in the dashboard and data-access-loops. In the topics above mine I note reference to other peggy files which I do not use (and have no intention using!) and I would suggest either their upload location (booty or such) is where the corruption happens OR they are just completely fudged to begin with.... *I still cant believe she is charging people for them*
Forum Resident
#231 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 12:59 AM
I love you, I adore you, I worship the ground you walk on. I just downloaded your Dashboard and it is everything I could wish for. It showed several conflicts that I was not aware of. I have my mods organized in folders to keep track of them. Now I can access them all from Dashboard and don't have to try and remember what I put where. Refresh page is wonderful. Thank you so much for everything to do to make the game better for us.

I have 1 question are there cache files that I should NEVER empty and are there ones that should be emptied on a regular basis? (ok that's 2)

Thank you for your time

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Lab Assistant
#232 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 5:46 PM
Hi, yes it contains all 4 files, i have net2.0, but when i click on exe file it tells me that it must close!! I have actually downloaded it to 4 computers and recieved the same error message. Could you possibly e-mail the file to me @ mrlee44@yahoo.com maybe if file recieved instead of downloaded might work. thanks for all you do.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#233 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 6:24 PM
newgamer: Sorry no, I will not email the files nor provide support by email. You have to be doing something wrong.

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#234 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 6:51 PM
Carnael, thanks for the files. I can confirm that while it contains *some* Sims 3 info, the rest of the files are just garbage and I sincerely doubt they actually work in game. The index offset pointed to in the header is basically just garbage.

I'll add these types to the corrupt list.

Lab Assistant
#235 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 7:16 PM
Sorry to hear that, i guess i just can't use this tool. i am doing absolutely nothing wrong it is quite simple to download and extract files. at the age of 65 i'm pretty sure i have the capability to understand and correctly use your tool. thanks anyway.
Lab Assistant
#236 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 7:19 PM Last edited by CeSSaS : 26th Jan 2010 at 7:32 PM.
@Carnael:

5 of the files are corrupted (and/or manipulated)... I've one of these files also (peggyzone-sims3-DONATE-FAhair0068-091205.package). No problem on my side yet. I've compared checksums of the files. Although the file sizes are the same, checksums output different from each other.

File Differences (PeggyHair):
Fİle File Size: 7.774.411 bytes (both)
CRC-32 (yours) : 6446125D
CRC-32 (mine) : C29D92B0

"-If you leave me, can I come with you too?.."
Lab Assistant
#237 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 1:50 PM Last edited by BaXiM : 27th Jan 2010 at 2:15 PM.
Hi!
I've got some problems repairing or disabling corrupted files here. The app seems to block the access for itself.
Here's what I do:
  • scan a folder for corrupt files
  • select a file marked as "corrupt TXTC"
  • select "repair"
  • error message "The process cannot access the file ***, as it is used by another process (my translation, original message in german)
When I try to rename the file in explorer, I get a simmilar message, telling me that the file is opened in Dashboard. This does not depend on whether I first tried to repair the file or not. It's also independent from which folder I scan.
Non-corrupted files can be renamed.

I use Win7 Prof. x64

edit: Apparently, it does depend on the file, as this seems to occur with only one single file (see attachment).
I don't know, what's so special about that file, but I got it fixed with the blue lot fixer.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  BadFile..rar (169.7 KB, 13 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#238 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 4:29 PM
@BaXiM:

You do this process while at the same time is TS3 launcher running?

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#239 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 8:57 PM
Changelog for v1.0.3679.14760
* MadScience.Detective: Added "Corrupt (Bad download)" to Detective. This identifies packages that are missing/corrupted and have data missing
* MadScience.Detective: Added "Corrupt (Not a DBPF)" to Detective. This identifies files called *.package that aren't actually .package
* Sims3Dashboard: Fixed bug with some file handles not being closed properly, thus causing Fix All to fail
* Sims3Dashboard: Added ability to Disable corrupted packages (Bad downloads, Not a DBPF, Chaavik) to Fix All Problems
* MadScience.Detective: Optimised Detective somewhat to speed up package detection
* MadScience.Detective: Changed "Corrupt TXTC" to "Corrupt (TXTC)"
* MadScience.Detective: Changed "coremod" to "Core Mod"
* MadScience.Detective: Changed "pattern" to "Pattern"
* MadScience.Detective: Changed "caspart" to "CAS Part"
* MadScience.Detective: Changed "caspart (clothing)" to "CAS Part (Clothing)"
* MadScience.Detective: Changed "object" to "Object"
* MadScience.Wrappers.DatabasePackedFile: Added check for files with completely corrupt sections
* MadScience.Detective: Added "Corrupt (Peggy)" package type to detection for corrupt sections
* MadScience.Wrappers.DatabasePackedFile: Added check for files with bad Index pointers
* MadScience.Detective: Added "Corrupt (Bad Index)" package type for files with bad indexes
* MadScience.Fixers: Added Fix for "Corrupt (Bad Index)" type
* Sims3Dashboard: Added ability to fix corrupt some indexes

Lab Assistant
#240 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 9:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CeSSaS
@BaXiM:

You do this process while at the same time is TS3 launcher running?

No. This even happens in folders the launcher doesn't care about.
I guess this "Fixed file handle closing" in the last update might be the fix for my problem. I'll test it.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#241 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 9:26 PM
Baxim: Correct - the file handle fix should fix the issue you had.

Lab Assistant
#242 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 11:18 PM
Default Version 1.0.3679.14760 Report
FYI: It says "CAS Part (Clothing)" for content of a MOD file have been as a compiled script (S3SA - 0x073FAA07). I moved the MOD file from "Override" folder to the "Hacks" folder, this time it says "Core Mod" for same MOD file!..

...Interesting.

Lab Assistant
#243 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 11:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BaXiM
No. This even happens in folders the launcher doesn't care about.
If you try ones, you can see/realize the throw hook at the ".package" files in the folder of "Mods" by the TS3 Launcher.

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#244 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 8:05 AM
Quote:
If you try ones, you can see/realize the throw hook at the ".package" files in the folder of "Mods" by the TS3 Launcher.

I have no idea what you are saying here.

Lab Assistant
#245 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 12:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
I have no idea what you are saying here.
If the launcher is running, it means; you can't delete/edit the ".package" files in the mods folder, you can't change their names, etc...

Additionally, must be considered a possibility of being unable to operate on ".package" files.

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#246 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 5:32 PM
...So don't run the launcher when using this program?

Lab Assistant
#247 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
...So don't run the launcher when using this program?
Yes... Also, can be understood through trial and error.

Lab Assistant
#248 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 7:50 PM
Hey Delphy,

Sorry I didn't answer earlier, I just saw a lot of people getting the same type of error and I have A LOT of packages, lol. And I'm lazy ... I mean ... uh ... yeah.

Anyway I think you may have missed my previous question, I was wondering if there was a way to select which files to scan (chose the folder), because of how I do things I usually don't have the files that need to be scanned in the Root folder. I usually download them into my documents and then smash them into a few large packages with s3pe, it really helps with the WA lag!!

Anyway, I'm not sure if your code is open source, because I know that I could add this option myself, seeing as though I NEED TO GET BACK INTO programming, lol. Naturally if you feel this is a decent idea you could add the option yourself also. I want to get back into programming, and I think modding for my fav game might be the way to start. Erm anyway if I talk anymore I'm gonna start rambling. Feel free to PM me or get back to me here.

P.S. My goal is to make a download organizer in which you can see the images, see how the objects look in game and be able to edit basic things, especially THE THUMBNAILS! Yes, "New Cas Project" with a picture of the default sim head ... I TOTALLY KNOW WHAT THAT IS! AWESOME! Not sure if I'll reach my goal, but I'd like to try.

EDIT: P.P.S. I talk to much ... sorry
Lab Assistant
#249 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CeSSaS
If the launcher is running, it means; you can't delete/edit the ".package" files in the mods folder, you can't change their names, etc...

Additionally, must be considered a possibility of being unable to operate on ".package" files.

Wait what? You usually can't edit files that a program is using. If the launcher is running, then Sims 3 is running, aka all the .package files and .sims3pack files are running along with it. Therefore you can't edit them do to them being in use.

This is how computers work.
Inventor
#250 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 8:00 PM
I had conflict for hair. One file is for toddlers, the other for adults. It's the same hair though. Do I need to worry about that ?
Page 10 of 87