Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims 3 Dashboard tool (Updated 1st July 2022: v1.3.8217.25892)

by Tashiketh Posted 15th Jan 2010 at 11:51 PM - Updated 1st Jul 2022 at 2:25 PM by Tashiketh

2153 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1627 Feedback Posts, 525 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 87
Test Subject
#126 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 10:45 AM
Delphy- I keep getting these pop up (its on the files I converted from sims3packs with your Sims3Pack Multi Installer.)

I couldn't get a lot of items to download via the launcher after the stupid latest update, It was working fine until it blue lotted yesterday.

I have 2.84gb of packages (3621 files) it was down to 12 large size packages after I did this (Custom Content Management - http://livingsims.nl/forum/showthre...?tid=733&page=1) and everything ran fine until I downloaded some items (packages)yesterday from Simply Styling, simslulamai and Sim3cri. I also converted sims3 packs from: garden breeze, helaene and TSR (murano) I used the launcher to load the newest house from smokvica.

I am 1/2 way through running the dashboard.
Test Subject
#127 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 10:52 AM
Hello Delphy, I've a question : does your Dashboard works with Seven 64 bit ? because I have 7 64 bit and I don't manage to use your tools (blue lot fixer, object fixer and dashboard), I always have an error message :

My boyfriend had a look and try to change permission to C: but it still doesn't work.
Thank you for your answer and your work !
(sorry for my english, I'm french, I hope I'm understandable)

[COLOR=Purple]Maria[/COLOR]
Lab Assistant
#128 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 11:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Maltha002 Store items are not supported by this tool.

Thanks Delphy for the reply.

I am trying to see if am able to understand this one...forgive me if I ask for / state the obvious here:

I know store items are not supported by this tool, as they are sims3pack files. I did however convert them into .package files (used your sims3pack multi extractor tool), so I could place them within my mods/.... folder, instead of using the game's launcher to access custom content. I have done this to a lot of files, some of them are store items but I also have converted sims3pack files that came from respectable sites in the simming community. My situation is similar to Adalita_m, who posted a similar screenie just like my error pop up, post #126.

Quote: Originally posted by adalita_m
Delphy- I keep getting these pop up (its on the files I converted from sims3packs with your Sims3Pack Multi Installer.)

This Dashboard tool is just awesome, but since I do convert sims3pack files as I go, I was wondering if it would be possible for this tool to support converted files in the future? If I am being a total blond here, do tell

Thanks again,
Maltha

You can find my work at Just Another Sims Site
Test Subject
#129 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 11:37 AM
Fan-farking-tastic.

Thank you SO MUCH for creating this mod. It works GREAT! Now I check every CC file I download. I can't believe I went without something like this for so long. You rule my school.

;~D
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#130 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 12:39 PM
Mariasims, I actually program this tool on Windows 7 64bit, so any errors are usually down to something on your PC.

adalita_m, That error happens when you have Store content as package files. Next version will fix this.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#131 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 12:49 PM
Maltha002, the problem is that if you just "convert" Store Sims3Packs to .packages, the actual contents are "encrypted" (I use that term loosely). This means that when my DBPF library goes to read a store file (which is a DBPP type) is can't, becuase the header is munged. In the previous versions, this would error, but I have since adapted the library to simply fail gracefully when this happens.

Test Subject
#132 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 12:57 PM
Is it possible that someone could convert this program to work for Macs? It seems all these sorts of programs are only for PC.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#133 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 1:07 PM
skippymcgee353, this tool works on Mono under Mac OS X, but only if you use X11 not Carbon (since there is a bug in Mono that prevents MessageBox windows from showing).

Lab Assistant
#134 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 1:21 PM
Thanks for the explanation Delphy, I appreciate it.

You can find my work at Just Another Sims Site
Test Subject
#135 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 3:49 PM
ah.. ok... thank you for your answer Delphy ! I will looking for the problem on my PC.

Test Subject
#136 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 4:01 PM
Very useful, very clever
Test Subject
#137 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Maltha002, the problem is that if you just "convert" Store Sims3Packs to .packages, the actual contents are "encrypted" (I use that term loosely). This means that when my DBPF library goes to read a store file (which is a DBPP type) is can't, becuase the header is munged. In the previous versions, this would error, but I have since adapted the library to simply fail gracefully when this happens.

I can't find any DBPP types to test the dashboard's new graceful fail on, so I'll just ask: Will it spit out a message detailing which .package files specifically it's failing on and the nature of the failure?
Test Subject
#138 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 4:16 PM
Hello, me again
with your application, there are 2 .dll, do I have to do something with that ?

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#139 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 4:37 PM
Changelog for v1.0.3669.31644:
* Added legend underneath package list, to easily see which packages are which
* Scan Folder now remembers the folder you selected
* Added Reset Scan Folder, to remove the last Scan Folder and revert to normal Mods\Packages
* Optimised (Somewhat) the list view
* Fixed De-Select All not deselecting anything
* Fixed error message dialog when a DBPP package is encountered and showError is off (now fails gracefully)
* Changed default File Open to OpenRead instead of ReadWrite (this is not needed when just scanning) - should fix errors when scanning across network drives and other locations
* Removed VPXY from conflict list
* Removed _RIG from conflict list
* Added JAZZ to conflict list
* Added OBJK back to conflict list
* Added ToolTip to cc list package name that shows full path
* Changed "Conflict part of" text to "Conflicts with"
* Fixed conflict detection not working properly (thanks jonha)
* Added the ability to Filter the list to only show particular types

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#140 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 4:44 PM
Mariasims, No you don't do anything with the DLL. They are needed by the .exe file to run. It's possible the error you where getting before is fixed in the latest version - please download and try it out.

Baarogue In the version I just uploaded, it should handle this type ok and put the type as "Sims 3 Store Package".

Test Subject
#141 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 4:46 PM
last version works... thank you !!!! I have A LOT of corrupt packages...

Scholar
#142 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 5:10 PM
Small issue with the latest version: The filter button isn't anchored to the bottom and when you resize the window, it stays at its position.

But thanks for the fix, now the conflict detection works again
Test Subject
#143 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 6:03 PM
Thank you!!! Dashboard found about 3 dozen red files, mostly plants, cars, and deco objects plus a few skins. I used the Blue Lot Fixer to repair the culprits as I went through the list. I had a series of flowers in the barrel that crashed Dashboard and those I disabled. My game is running much faster and !! my no relationships/inability to communicate is gone. My sims can interact again! May I nominate you for sainthood?
Test Subject
#144 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 6:14 PM
I downloaded this, and I don't think I can THANK YOU enough. I think I had over 300 corrupted files, and once I cleaned all those out, my game ran so smoothly I couldn't believe it. I usually love whatever you come up with and don't comment, but seriously, this utility is a must-have for me.
Field Researcher
#145 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 6:41 PM
With the latest version, I have a question. I rescanned my folders as I've been doing since installing the first version to be sure the tool is working. This time the Holy Simoly Arizona set come up as the loveseat, coffee table and chair conflicting with the sofa. This set was released by them as .sim3packs but I used the extractor tool to convert them to .package files simply because that is the format I prefer.

Since I don't make objects, I honestly don't know what to do about this. Would it be best to delete the .package files and install the released .sim3packs, or, if installed that way would they still be consdered to conflict and best be deleted? This is one of my favorite sets but I prefer not to risk the well being of my game for any custom content. Obviously, I have used the .package files in game with no seeming ill effects but perhaps I've just been lucky.

I decided to ask here in case there may be times that conflicts can be ignored based on the tool used to make them. My guess is they were made with TSRW tool, whereas most package files start with s3oc. Input/advice would be appreciated!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#146 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 7:17 PM
jonha: Oops, didn't catch that one.

dolldrms1: Due to the way the conflict detection works, if the package files share the same assets (like the OBJD, OBJK, etc) then it will be marked as a conflict. However, when these are installed as a Sims3Pack it will use only 1 of them (ie the resulting dbc only has 1 copy of those chunks). As a package, though, the game will just read whichever is first (or last, I forget which), and use that version.

It's usually not a problem when this happens with objects, depending on what the object does. If it's purely a normal object, then I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#147 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 7:20 PM
Changelog for v1.0.3669.36463:
* Fixed Filter... button not moving when form is resized
* Fixed bug with Filter... button not hiding when CC list is updated
* Added click on legend colours automatically filters to that type

Field Researcher
#148 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 7:50 PM
@Delphy - Okay, for the time being I will not worry about them and leave as is. I might go ahead and install via launcher, since it is a set I know I definitely want to always keep, whenever EA fixes the most recent borked patches. It's such a pain to even get "my used to function perfectly launcher" to come up since 1.8/2.3.

Nothing will ever make me like installing into a big ol' blob, though, lol. I so miss the download system we had in Sims2 and I do miss the DDO you made for Sims2. Thank you, yet again, for continuing to be such an integral, important part of the Sims community!
Test Subject
#149 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 9:40 PM
Hey - I've been using the Dashboard and every time I restart it, the screencapped message shows up. The only items I've used from the store are two hairs and as far as I know they haven't been converted from sims3pack format.

Any ideas on what this means?

Test Subject
#150 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 9:53 PM
thanks delphy - I will download the new version and give it a go ( i accidentally clicked reset after the previous one had finished DUH)
Page 6 of 87