Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Cooking And Ingredients Overhaul!!! + Plants Only Version [13/12/11 - Updated]

by BlackCat007 Posted 7th Jul 2009 at 4:52 PM - Updated 21st Jun 2012 at 4:59 PM by Buzzler : added link to updated version

874 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 736 Feedback Posts, 137 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 35
Test Subject
#26 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 10:20 PM
Many thanks for work!!! But at me problems with luggage have begun, it starts to hang and subjects in it are not visible. ((
Test Subject
#27 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 10:35 PM
Thanks for this, but it doesn't work for me

My sim's inventory freezes and the images don't show up.
And the fruits/leftovers/fish in the fridge disappear, but when I take this mod out, they come back
Test Subject
#28 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 10:57 PM
Being a vegetarian myself, I love this mod, but, I too, now have a empty fridge. Hope you can work this out, I was really looking forward to it.
Test Subject
#29 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 11:22 PM
Great Job! Thank you soooooo much! By the way, what the dragon fruit does?
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 11:22 PM
OMG THANK YOU! that always bothered me how to just go to the store for one ingredient for a recipe. i mean really one egg to make some pancakes?
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 11:59 PM Last edited by MiniMimi : 8th Jul 2009 at 12:40 AM.
"This may conflict with any mod that alters plants, recipes and ingredients, they may also be called grocery mods. If you're not sure use Indie Stone Fugly Mod Compatibility Checker"

Err, I use 3 'grocery' mods that make all fishes, seeds, fruits, deathflowers and magical gnomes buyable at the grocery. Do you mean that they would be incompatible? *sobs*

EDIT: the compatibility checker report no incompatibility with those mods and yours. Although I'm reliefed as these mods are terribly needed but I know that the checker isn't very reliable. So I'm still worried.
Plus it doesn't report an incompatibility with faster cooking + slower eating mod and yours. Huh?!
Scholar
#32 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 12:09 AM
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
After having a large variety of foods to choose from in S2...the lack of options in S3 made me weep with disappointment!

"What we say is good for nothing, if we say nothing for good.".
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 12:27 AM
This is amazing! YAY! I've wanted this for... ever lol. Thank you tons.

I love the creative vegitarian names you gave everything!
Test Subject
#34 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 12:42 AM
oh wow thnkz
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 1:09 AM
oh wow...you are awsomeness!
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 1:37 AM
Great idea! Thank you!

c:\dos
c:\dos\run
run\dos\run
Test Subject
#37 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 2:22 AM
Very clever! Nice job!
Test Subject
#38 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 2:59 AM
I love the great new cooking.thank you!
Test Subject
#39 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 4:26 AM
Thank you so much for making this! Most of my sims are either cooks or farmers, so I am very excited just having this mod. I hated how idiotic the recipes were before. Plus I LOVE the new plants!

Once again thank you!!!
Test Subject
#40 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 4:45 AM
Brilliant.... I love it!

Friends are like potatoes. If you eat them they die!
Forum Resident
#41 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 5:03 AM
This is amazing! I'm impressed at the level of work and detail that went into extracting all this information and making it usable for us!!! (I especially like the clutter, as sad as that may sound...)

Much appreciated, and thank you for the benefit of your brainbaby.
Test Subject
#42 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 5:05 AM
Thank You! It looks great and is working great in my game. I especially love the new items and plants.
Test Subject
#43 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 6:14 AM
So Sweet! I really love it and look forward to the extra clutter! yay! Yeah, I'm a clutterer and I love it. So thanks a mill! yay!
Test Subject
#44 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 7:10 AM
Sofar it looks really great, and i thank you from the buttom of my heart for sharing

However... I too have the harvested beef turn out as a blank unusable / unplantable icon in both frigde and inventory.
+ All of the sudden my lvl 10 garden sim cant interact with any plant that needs ferterlizer.
I do not have any gardening mods and have run the checker to make sure it wasent due to a mod conflict.
I started training another sim in the household in gardening, and he can tend those same plants just fine!
So for now its only a minor issue, but thought i would mention it.

Again... Thank you
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#45 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 7:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
"This may conflict with any mod that alters plants, recipes and ingredients, they may also be called grocery mods. If you're not sure use Indie Stone Fugly Mod Compatibility Checker"

Err, I use 3 'grocery' mods that make all fishes, seeds, fruits, deathflowers and magical gnomes buyable at the grocery. Do you mean that they would be incompatible? *sobs*

EDIT: the compatibility checker report no incompatibility with those mods and yours. Although I'm reliefed as these mods are terribly needed but I know that the checker isn't very reliable. So I'm still worried.
Plus it doesn't report an incompatibility with faster cooking + slower eating mod and yours. Huh?!

I checked "faster cooking + slower eating" from MATY, if that's the one you're using and indeed it doesn't conflict. While I reduce number of chops, his reduces the length of time it takes to make one chop. So now sims should chop like wind :P

As for other mods, where can I find them to check for compatability?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#46 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 7:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by _flashphotography
Thanks for this, but it doesn't work for me

My sim's inventory freezes and the images don't show up.
And the fruits/leftovers/fish in the fridge disappear, but when I take this mod out, they come back

Do you have ANY other mods? If you do, try to take them out and put just my mod and see if this happens again? Also what language are you playing and what game version?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#47 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 7:56 AM Last edited by BlackCat007 : 8th Jul 2009 at 8:34 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by kseniya1620
Many thanks for work!!! But at me problems with luggage have begun, it starts to hang and subjects in it are not visible. ((

Do you mean inventory? Same question. Do you have ANY other mods? If you do, try to take them out and put just my mod and see if this happens again? Also what language are you playing and what game version?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#48 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 8:50 AM
I think I found what the problem was. In testing now.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#49 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 9:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Meril502
Great Job! Thank you soooooo much! By the way, what the dragon fruit does?

Nothing It's just a very expansive tropical fruit. Thanks to sim scientists now it can grow in Sim Country climate on bush. Hurray to science!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#50 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 9:45 AM
All mentioned problems should be fixed now. Please redownload
Page 2 of 35