Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Cooking And Ingredients Overhaul!!! + Plants Only Version [13/12/11 - Updated]

by BlackCat007 Posted 7th Jul 2009 at 4:52 PM - Updated 21st Jun 2012 at 4:59 PM by Buzzler : added link to updated version

874 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 736 Feedback Posts, 137 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 35
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 9:58 AM
This is wonderful! Do these new "plants" count for the "perfect garden" lifetime wish?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#52 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 10:16 AM Last edited by BlackCat007 : 8th Jul 2009 at 1:09 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by AmyMercury1
This is wonderful! Do these new "plants" count for the "perfect garden" lifetime wish?

From what I've seen , yes they should I'm gonna test now to be sure. Be back in sec.

EDIT: gonna take some more time as I can't figure out how to fulfill this wish with or without my mod. Do I have to plant perfect seeds or can I plant perfect harvest as well?

EDIT2: Ok, I fulfilled the wish. I guess there is a bug in game, as I had to plant 9 plants, though it said 8 (same without the mod)???
And 4 out of those 9 were new plantables. So, yeah, they do count!
Field Researcher
#53 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 11:16 AM
So we have clutter I was a big fan of covering the place with deco. Great looking mod can’t wait to see it in action
Field Researcher
#54 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 12:38 PM
Best Idea Ever. I love this to pieces, thank you.

BlackCat: to fulfil the wish the plants themselves need to be perfect (when you hover over the plant the quality needs to say pefect) I've done that LTW and I believe they can't be perfect unless planted perfect, though fertilizer may have a hand in it. It was the first lTW I fullfilled in the game and I tried it all. Meaning, I am uncertain which of the things I did actually worked! lol
Field Researcher
#55 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 12:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackCat007
I checked "faster cooking + slower eating" from MATY, if that's the one you're using and indeed it doesn't conflict. While I reduce number of chops, his reduces the length of time it takes to make one chop. So now sims should chop like wind :P

As for other mods, where can I find them to check for compatability?

The fish, fruit and buyable gnomes can on be found here on MTS, I believe. I'll link the threads as I would like to know as well.

Fish: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=349929
Fruit: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=345607

Ah-ha, found the last one. Not on MTS.

Gnomes and a few other things: http://www.customsims3.com/forum1/Y...?num=1245872739
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#56 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 12:57 PM
Hey Tasha
Thanks for finding those for me.
I checked and "Buyable Fish" and "Buyable Gnomes and other stuff" won't conflict.
"Purchaseable Life and Flame Fruit" however will. It is very easy to tweak my mod so that it will include this functionality. PM me anyone who's interested and I'll explain how to do this.
Field Researcher
#57 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 1:18 PM Last edited by TashaFaun : 8th Jul 2009 at 2:07 PM.
Thank you for checking that out so quickly. I just wanted to add (since I forgot) that I am absolutely blown away by this mod. I think it's ingenious.

EDIT: Maybe I'm a little blind but what meal is the dragon fruit an ingrediant for? I remember seeing it but I can't remember where.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#58 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 2:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TashaFaun
Thank you for checking that out so quickly. I just wanted to add (since I forgot) that I am absolutely blown away by this mod. I think it's ingenious.

EDIT: Maybe I'm a little blind but what meal is the dragon fruit an ingrediant for? I remember seeing it but I can't remember where.

No meal requires it in particular, But it goes as a fruit or as an ingredient in pancakes, Stu Surprise and the likes. Now you can have "Dragon Fruit Pancakes" , so exotic.
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#59 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 3:36 PM
Inbelievable!!! Shocking!

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Test Subject
#60 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 5:42 PM
The new update seems to be working perfectly.
Thanks for all your hard work! :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#61 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 5:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by _flashphotography
The new update seems to be working perfectly.
Thanks for all your hard work! :D

Good, as I suspected the problem was in renaming burger patties. If they were in any sim's inventory in the current family you were bound to get problems. The fix would've been to remove and delete all burger patties and burger plants prior to installation, but I think its too much hassle for such a minor tweak. So they are now left untouched and the only time you should take precautions is when uninstalling. I listed them in "Uninstall" section. Hope you'll never need them :P

Thanks to all of you for such nice comments, I'm very glad you like it that much.
Field Researcher
#62 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 7:19 PM
This is a great mod, I love the added detail! I wanted to ask, though, awesome mod from MATY updated yesterday with some changes to plants and ingredients that make all ingredients edible and plants plantable everywhere, and I was wondering if the two mods are still compatible with these new changes? Thanks!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#63 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 7:20 PM
Yup, I checked that They are. Though it's pretty hillarious to watch sim eating milk carton, but then so is raw turkey :p
Field Researcher
#64 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 7:36 PM
Haha, yeah, not sure if I'm going to keep that one enabled, but thought I'd check anyway since I'm not sure how the code works and whether or not it would still conflict and I thought you'd like to know about it in any case, if you didn't already.
Theorist
#65 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 7:42 PM
Now THIS is what I'm talkin' about! Since I am way too technically challenged to do something this cool I had to wait for someone else to do it. It's wonderful to know I wasn't the only one bugged by this one ingredient meal thing. For example, how many people out there besides our family eats ratatouille? If you actually prepare that dish, you know that tomato is only used for the sauce.

I've also been trying to figure out where are the orange trees? I can't bear to make my Sims eat limes straight from the tree, and I can't eat apples so I have a hard time making my Sims eat them. Oranges I can and do eat so it just never seemed right that Sims can't eat those too.

And BTW, I love my Sims being able to cook any meal at any time of the day. Sometimes one will fix breakfast at night and stuff it in the fridge so it's ready the next morning. And what about those pregnant Sims getting cravings? I think it's just silly that EA thinks our Sims should stick to a strict meal by time of day thing. If I want lunch food at breakfast, it's what I eat. If I want breakfast food in the afternoon, it's what I eat. Why should it be any different for Sims?

Gosh, I really do need to shut up right now but I can't express how happy I am to see this so I just keep going on and on.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#66 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Misty_2004
For example, how many people out there besides our family eats ratatouille? If you actually prepare that dish, you know that tomato is only used for the sauce.

My only knowledge of ratatouille comes form a film, but even then I knew that something is fishy . Actually I was far more bugged by Dim Sum, I am yet to see one made of fish: meat - check, chicken - check, veggie - check, fish - Now it requires meat, rice (to make rice flour) and lettuce (I've seen it being prepared on lettuce).

Glad you like the mod :D
Test Subject
#67 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 7:52 PM
I'm very lost. How can I make the Faster Cooking & Eating mod not conflict with this one?
Test Subject
#68 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 8:47 PM
(Clutter? CLUTTER??? I LOVE CLUTTER!!! ;D) Thanks so much! This is brilliant!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#69 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kimmy.Kiddu
I'm very lost. How can I make the Faster Cooking & Eating mod not conflict with this one?

Quote:
They can still be used together as long as this mod gets higher priority. How to achieve this is explained in this post: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,15766.0.html in "Halp! I'm smart enough to want an explanation!" section.

If you're still stumbled PM me.
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 10:24 PM
LOL, awesome.

For anyone who wants to buy life and flame fruits along with this mod then download the file I'm attaching. I will be updating it whenever Blackcat updates theirs. You don't need both files just this one if you want the fruits buyable with this mod. I'll be putting the date/time in the name so you know if it's updated. I'll just delete old attachments and post new ones when I need to.

ok i already have the buy life and flame fruit mod in my game, do i have to uninstall it or do i leave it in the game and instead of using blackcat's mod to use tasha's?
Top Secret Researcher
#71 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 12:54 AM Last edited by MiniMimi : 9th Jul 2009 at 1:50 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by BlackCat007
I checked "faster cooking + slower eating" from MATY, if that's the one you're using and indeed it doesn't conflict. While I reduce number of chops, his reduces the length of time it takes to make one chop. So now sims should chop like wind :P

As for other mods, where can I find them to check for compatability?

Nope, I use the MTS one here: http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=349675 Yes it's called 'Faster eating & cooking' but there are 2 versions in his mod & I use the second version which is basically 'Faster Cooking & Slower Eating' Sorry for the confusion.
The other store mods I use are:
Purchaseable Omni,Money and Death Flower Seeds: http://www.customsims3.com/forum1/Y...?num=1245872739
Store Sale Mod http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=350852 (it only adds discount sales rates & days)
The rest was found by Tasha

So if the MTS cooking & eating mod is compatible I won't have to use the priority ressource setup method and won't have to change anything?
Anyway I'm very happy that most of the store mods can be kept, they're too useful ^^ I'm looking forward to having all your new ingredients, this is very exciting!

EDIT: Thank you Tasha for the Life & flame fruit made buyable added to this mod, I grabbed it and will grab all the updates Gee with this amazing mod and the awesomemod update the game is gonna ROCK!
Field Researcher
#72 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 3:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by babygirl4595
ok i already have the buy life and flame fruit mod in my game, do i have to uninstall it or do i leave it in the game and instead of using blackcat's mod to use tasha's?

You need to uninstall the old mod (it doesn't work with this anyway, no conflicts, it just doesn't work) and download the one I attached. That will give you BlackCat's mod plus the ability to buy life&flame fruit. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough.
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 3:25 AM
You need to uninstall the old mod (it doesn't work with this anyway, no conflicts, it just doesn't work) and download the one I attached. That will give you BlackCat's mod plus the ability to buy life&flame fruit. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

ok cool, i just wanted to make sure, thanx for your help.
Mad Poster
#74 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 5:38 AM
Thanks BlackCat for an awesome mod. I love the cooking part of the game, but didn't like 1 ingredient. Hopefully my sims will use the fish in their refrigerators more.

Thanks for adding the life and flame fruit to the mod Tasha Faun. I know I am not awesome enough to do on my own. Much appreciated.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Scholar
#75 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 5:49 AM
is it possible to make a version without the Every meal available at any time? i want to use this but don't want to have all meals available until my sim has read recipe etc.
Page 3 of 35