Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Cooking And Ingredients Overhaul!!! + Plants Only Version [13/12/11 - Updated]

by BlackCat007 Posted 7th Jul 2009 at 4:52 PM - Updated 21st Jun 2012 at 4:59 PM by Buzzler : added link to updated version

874 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 736 Feedback Posts, 137 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 35
Test Subject
#76 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 8:14 AM Last edited by Alderondth : 9th Jul 2009 at 9:27 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by BlackCat007
All mentioned problems should be fixed now. Please redownload

Well, I still have 24 blank beef patties in one sim that I can't get rid of, other than that no other glitches that I have found yet. GREAT mod it really kicks buttocks (had to censor there) & I look forward to more from you in the future, I can only imagine the work involved in this mod... I am unfortunatley not good with these to help out the community... all I can offer is testing for glitches

Keep up the great work!!!

scratch just 1 sims inventory of beef patties... it is all of my beef patties... I'm going to delete the mod, play the game & then reload later to see if I can force the mod to reset.... it may just be me, even after installing the updated version.
Test Subject
#77 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 9:08 AM Last edited by Zirimor : 9th Jul 2009 at 9:12 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention:
I also still have blank patty spots (unusable / undeletable).
And the recipes using them sees it as if I dont have any.
I tried to buy a new patty from the store and plant it. The harvest turned up invisible again!
I did remove the old file before installing this updated version.

But I still think this is an awesome piece of work and looking forward to see, what else you might come up with of bright ideas in the future :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#78 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 9:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
Nope, I use the MTS one here: http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=349675 Yes it's called 'Faster eating & cooking' but there are 2 versions in his mod & I use the second version which is basically 'Faster Cooking & Slower Eating' Sorry for the confusion.
The other store mods I use are:
Purchaseable Omni,Money and Death Flower Seeds: http://www.customsims3.com/forum1/Y...?num=1245872739
Store Sale Mod http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=350852 (it only adds discount sales rates & days)
The rest was found by Tasha

The one from MTS is NOT compatible; you can either use the priority trick, or just download one from MATY.

Quote: Originally posted by babygirl4595
ok i already have the buy life and flame fruit mod in my game, do i have to uninstall it or do i leave it in the game and instead of using blackcat's mod to use tasha's?

Uninstallation is mandatory as, it really depends of what install method you used, it may bring a lot of troubles. Right now my mod may load after the conflicting one and this will give you the illusion that everything is fine. But if you later move mods or change Resource.sfg it can go kaboom.

Quote: Originally posted by ToRnado
is it possible to make a version without the Every meal available at any time? i want to use this but don't want to have all meals available until my sim has read recipe etc.

This is not a cheat, you won't get recipes you hadn't learned or don't have skill for them. It just makes every meal that you already can cook be available at any time of day, for your convenience. That's all
Fluffy
retired moderator
#79 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 10:06 AM
My first reaction to this was 'oh wow'.
Will definitely try this in my game.
Thanks for all your hard work
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#80 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 10:07 AM Last edited by BlackCat007 : 9th Jul 2009 at 3:46 PM.
To everyone who's still having problems after an update.
Did you save with an old mod and then put new in? Delete all 4 chache files in \My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3). They will regenerate when you start the game.
Test Subject
#81 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 12:15 PM
After re-installing it once more + deleting all 4 cache files, my pattys are visible again
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#82 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 12:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zirimor
After re-installing it once more + deleting all 4 cache files, my pattys are visible again

Great! Now that's a relief :P
Test Subject
#83 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zirimor

That is great to hear, deleting the 4 cache files came a bit too late for me & I ended up having to restore to a previous save, only lost a little over a sim day in the confusion. Now I can reload the foods with the updated version... there are times I really hate being a noobwhen it comes to thing like this
Test Subject
#84 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 4:19 PM
It's a very good mod that makes the game more realistic, but couuld you make it so that 1 serve uses all the ingredients and if your making a meal for 1, it only uses a 5th of the item. ex. hamburger buns can be used 4 more times after 1 use. it was just too costly for my poor sims...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#85 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 4:32 PM
I don't think that's possible, no. There is no such thing as 5th of a bun. You can just always do group meals and store them in the fridge. Or you can correct money cost with familyfunds cheat.
Another way would be to make group meals use more ingredients like 3x, but I never found how this can be done. So I think it's in the core and thus can only be changed by the core mod if at all.
Top Secret Researcher
#86 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 7:22 PM Last edited by MiniMimi : 10th Jul 2009 at 3:52 AM.
The one from MTS is NOT compatible; you can either use the priority trick, or just download one from MATY.

Thanks a lot Blackcat Will go grab the MATY one then. Gee your cooking overhaul is awesome! All these new ingredients is heaven

EDIT: I just have one more tiny question: I want to translate the new ingredients names, would S3PE be enough to do that? i.e.: if I replace with S3PE every instance of the word 'Milk' with its correct translation would it work or would the mod melt? What tool could I use to change these names to my game language?
Scholar
#87 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 11:20 PM

This is not a cheat, you won't get recipes you hadn't learned or don't have skill for them. It just makes every meal that you already can cook be available at any time of day, for your convenience. That's all

oh i see. this is by far my most favorite mod made yet it makes gardening better, cooking better and makes it worthwhile to go shopping now instead of having the ability to grow anything and never need to go shopping.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#88 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 10:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
EDIT: I just have one more tiny question: I want to translate the new ingredients names, would S3PE be enough to do that? i.e.: if I replace with S3PE every instance of the word 'Milk' with its correct translation would it work or would the mod melt? What tool could I use to change these names to my game language?

No, S3PI won't help the way you think.
What is your language? I'm preparing update with Hungarian, Polish, Norwegian and possibly Russian. If it's another one, then maybe you'll help me to translate it? PM me with your e-mail and I’ll send you the texts

How to give custom names is discussed in this thread: New books?.
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 12:37 PM
What is your language? I'm preparing update with Hungarian, Polish, Norwegian and possibly Russian. If it's another one, then maybe you'll help me to translate it? PM me with your e-mail and I’ll send you the texts

Do you plan to add more languages in the future ? If yes, I can help you to translate in French.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#90 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 12:44 PM
Thank you!
Can you PM me with your e-mail address?
Theorist
#91 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 1:45 PM
I'm just about to try this, but this bit:

Uninstall

Remove and delete all new ingredients and vegetarian dishes from fridge and sims' invenories. Dispose of all new plants. After that it should be safe to remove mod from Packages folder.

What happens if someone forgets to do this?
Assuming that we will have to uninstall this when the EP arrives, what if many households include these new items?
To go and delete every single plant and object could be a long struggle.

Looks great anyhow, thanks

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#92 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 2:28 PM
Well, there is no workaround for this, sorry If you'll forget to remove something from the inventory it will be borked, and if you'll save after that it will be borked permanently and you'll have to revert to bacl up, if you'll have one. Plants, I think, are not such a problem. They can be disposed or deleted afterwards.
I promise that I'll check for compatibility as soon as I can when new EPs are out. Until then you'll have to wait with playing your main neighborhoods. I think that's how it is when you install any hack, if you don't want your game to go kaboom.
Theorist
#93 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 3:17 PM
I see. Hmm, its a tough choice to make.
I don't trust myself to be able to spot everything

What exactly goes borked anyhow?

Thanks.

#BlairWitchPetition
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#94 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 3:23 PM
When you put something in the inventory and then it disappears from the game, inventory get very, very upset and demand it back. If you won't return it immediately, inventory will never forgive you You can get freezing, blinking, disappearing and basically it all goes to hell. I think NPC don't buy food or plant anything on they own. So as long as you don't play with 30 families I don't really see a problem. Just check inventory of everyone on lot and in the fridge.
If you just want to try it out make a back up.
Top Secret Researcher
#95 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 3:31 PM Last edited by MiniMimi : 10th Jul 2009 at 4:23 PM.

I replaced 'Milk' with its proper translation with SimPI and obtained the string problem ingame
It's for french. With Sims 2 CC I ended with 5 different languages in my game so I read some tips about SimPE and did it myself. Thank you for the link. Apparently I'll have to wait as it's still missing a proper, unique tool like SimPE. The method linked seems too complicated to make a whole new translation, but it will let me correct the translations errors for french if there are any (since I'm too late to apply for the translation ^^)

EDIT: I followed the trail of your link and installed Echo's Postal tool. It worked!! Here's my test with the translated milk:

It worked with the recipes and the inventories!
I'll be able to do it myself, YAY! *goes to translate*
Theorist
#96 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 3:35 PM
When you put something in the inventory and then it disappears from the game, inventory get very, very upset and demand it back. If you won't return it immediately, inventory will never forgive you You can get freezing, blinking, disappearing and basically it all goes to hell. I think NPC don't buy food or plant anything on they own. So as long as you don't play with 30 families I don't really see a problem. Just check inventory of everyone on lot and in the fridge.
If you just want to try it out make a back up.

And would this also apply to something dragged from inventory to be used as clutter?

#BlairWitchPetition
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#97 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 3:54 PM
I tested to be sure and it just disappeared without a trace. So while I can’t give a certificate on this, nothing terrible will happen.
Test Subject
#98 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 11:36 PM
I had the blinking problem too, but it wasn't until the new update. I had 5 seeds in my inventory, uncommon seeds, 2 were blank icons no name, I also had a blank icon in the fridge with no name, wouldn't go away until I moved my sims out and moved them back. Cache delete didn't help.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#99 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 11:41 PM
Did you buy ground beef after installing the first version and then installed an update? I think that's what cuased the problem. Be cursed that day when I decided to rename those *** patties. Gonna update the instructions now. Good to hear that you could repair this. Sorry about this Hope that you'll enjoy the mod now on.
Test Subject
#100 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 4:00 AM
Its totally AMAZING! THX!
Page 4 of 35