Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Apr 2015 at 11:40 PM
Default WCIF Crochet/Knitting/Sewing mod/objects?
In TS2 Freetime I'm pretty sure there was a sewing machine (never had that expansion, so not sure) and I'm surprised there's not one for TS3! I know lots of people who either crochet, knit and/or sew and I thought it'd be cool if my sims could do it too. There would have to be the object (sewing machine for sewing, ball of yarn and knitting needles and/or crochet hook for the other two) and I'd love it if there was a skill to go with it (like how painting has it's own skill, etc). Maybe when the sim finishes their project, they quick hold up a piece of cloth (like a not crumpled up piece of laundry) as if they're looking it over, before putting it into their inventory, which they can then either sell or give as a gift to someone.

Is there a mod(s) that are at all similar to this?

Icon made by me!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 19th Apr 2015 at 11:51 PM Last edited by knityouakingdom : 20th Apr 2015 at 12:02 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by nbalchemist
In TS2 Freetime I'm pretty sure there was a sewing machine (never had that expansion, so not sure) and I'm surprised there's not one for TS3! I know lots of people who either crochet, knit and/or sew and I thought it'd be cool if my sims could do it too. There would have to be the object (sewing machine for sewing, ball of yarn and knitting needles and/or crochet hook for the other two) and I'd love it if there was a skill to go with it (like how painting has it's own skill, etc). Maybe when the sim finishes their project, they quick hold up a piece of cloth (like a not crumpled up piece of laundry) as if they're looking it over, before putting it into their inventory, which they can then either sell or give as a gift to someone.

Is there a mod(s) that are at all similar to this?

TSR has a knitting basket (ETA: it's cashcraft's All Sewn Up) that comes with a whole lot of sewing-related decor (and a Queen Anne desk!). Unfortunately, as far as I'm concerned, the only knitting mods/actions I've found for Sims games was for TS2. Therefore, my selfsim is stuck with just going in and editing her shirts to look more like sweaters in CAS.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 20th Apr 2015 at 12:00 AM
http://modthesims.info/d/376401

There's this, which is a computer with a sewing machine mesh. What you're talking about would involve making at least one new animation (the holding up the cloth at the end) and a custom skill, both of which are hard things to do. I've been trying to make a skill using Inge's hidden skill tutorial and by dissecting Twallan's Kama Simtra skill, but I have no idea how to script an object to boost a skill, and even less idea how to animate.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Apr 2015 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Heatherly84
http://modthesims.info/d/376401

There's this, which is a computer with a sewing machine mesh. What you're talking about would involve making at least one new animation (the holding up the cloth at the end) and a custom skill, both of which are hard things to do. I've been trying to make a skill using Inge's hidden skill tutorial and by dissecting Twallan's Kama Simtra skill, but I have no idea how to script an object to boost a skill, and even less idea how to animate.

The skill and animation is more of a "I would love this, but know that it probably isn't possible/doesn't exist" and honestly, I'd be fine with something that just looks like their sewing/knitting/crochet and is only boosting their fun. I'll look into that link, thank you.

Icon made by me!