Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Nov 2021 at 10:03 PM
Default The Sims 2 on MacBook M1 (Parallels Windows 11)Testing Graphics
I try to run The Sims 2 on my MacBook with (Parallels Windows 11) it's quite interesting that to look for would it be normally to start the game, so the first time when I enter the game in just flickering red and pink color bugs everywhere, but with Graphics rules maker's help and looking for some information on the Internet I finally make it all perfectly running it (though still got some problems video will show up Sea Water Mods show up in black).

For more information please click the video:https://youtu.be/UweKR8K0zjo
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 5th Nov 2021 at 2:14 AM
This is a thread I'll be following. As much as I'm excited for the M1 chips I am nervous because I want to keep playing sims 2 forever. It's literally the deciding factor in what my next computer will be. But it's good to see it doesn't look impossible? Definitely something interesting. Thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 13th Nov 2021 at 1:50 PM
I switched to an Intel Mac about a year ago and have been playing The Sims 2 on a Parallels virtual machine since then. I'm excited for the new Apple silicon chips, since my workflow these days largely involves a lot of photo and video editing, but I never expected my old PC games to work on them. Good to know that the x86 emulation in Windows 11 can run The Sims 2... somewhat, at least. This is encouraging!
Meet Me In My Next Life
#4 Old 13th Nov 2021 at 11:42 PM
Simmers will be face with Window 11 now my main focus will be if we can still run and play Sims 2 on the Window 11 system or OS.
This will determined if I will buy or get a new system if it's a problems then I will continue with my window 7 on my desk top PC which never gave me problems playing the Sims.
So I am waiting to see how others members who will get window 11 tell us how or if Sims 2 is playing fine without problems.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Field Researcher
#5 Old 14th Nov 2021 at 3:14 PM
I installed Windows 11 as soon as it came out, and The Sims 2 as well, and I haven’t had any issues. It works just like it did on Windows 10.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#6 Old 17th Nov 2021 at 11:05 PM
@mate54 Thanks for the reply I going to wait to see what other say who also got window 11 thanks again.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Field Researcher
#7 Old 18th Nov 2021 at 2:44 AM
I think this is a great idea as arm is becoming more and more widespread each year. Maybe this aid on making more 3rd party patches for sims 2
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 12:08 PM
Even though I'm glad you can still buy half the collection on Mac, I'm annoyed it doesn't have all the packs . Maybe this is the future?!
Test Subject
#9 Old 11th Jul 2023 at 10:20 PM
can you please share your graphics file so i can run sims 2 on parallels too , m1 pro 16 gb 16 inch 2021! thank you so much !
Test Subject
#10 Old 27th Sep 2023 at 2:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kak6e
Hi! I just made a video tutorial and in the description there is a link to my config. Search "natalietinker" in youtube and the video will pop up

thank you so much ! will try it out soon !
Test Subject
#11 Old 27th Sep 2023 at 3:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kak6e
Hi! I just made a video tutorial and in the description there is a link to my config. Search "natalietinker" in youtube and the video will pop up

I followed all the steps and it still says this
Screenshots