Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Dolphin's Business Adjuster -- Now With Freebie Purging 4/20/2006

by dolphin26 Posted 5th Mar 2006 at 11:57 PM - Updated 5th Mar 2008 at 2:00 AM by dolphin26 : keywords

164 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 159 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 7
Test Subject
#101 Old 20th Mar 2006 at 11:28 PM
can someone answer?
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#102 Old 21st Mar 2006 at 12:39 AM
Like all custom content, you need to enableit for it to work.

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the appropriate thread.
Test Subject
#103 Old 21st Mar 2006 at 12:51 AM
Thanks so much! LOVE your avatar, btw!!
Test Subject
#104 Old 23rd Mar 2006 at 5:04 AM
How do I install it?
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#105 Old 23rd Mar 2006 at 7:10 PM Last edited by porkypine : 23rd Mar 2006 at 7:16 PM.
I have all the EP's and tons of custom content so I don't know what's conflicting with it.
The BLANTANT CHEATS WORK GREAT!!!!! Yea!

The customer and employee options never appear.

Other mods that I run - InSIMenator 2.3, Badgebear, all the other Dolphin's stuff, skillinator.. hmm... What else... :gonemad: Sooo many choices.... must have them all..... :nod:
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#106 Old 23rd Mar 2006 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jaxad0127
For the customer wealth, I've been studying the Whats your Wealth social (it displays wealth as one to three simoleon signs) and I believe I know how it does it:
Code:
Temp0 := Sim's Family ID
Temp1 := 0x0
Temp4 := 0x64

Generic Sims Call 0x3E

Temp0 := (0x3A98 / 0x2710) mod 0x2710
Temp1 := 0x1388

Temp2 > Temp0, Wealth level 3
Temp2 == Temp0 && Temp3 >= Temp1, Wealth level 3

Temp0 := (0x1388 / 0x2710) mod 0x2710
Temp1 := 0x1388

Temp2 > Temp0, Wealth level 2
Temp2 == Temp0 && Temp3 >= Temp1, Wealth level 2

Wealth level 1

Just remember, for the purposess of buisnesses, townies (family id 0x7FFF, 0x7FFE or 0x7FFC) have unlimited funds.

By the way, nice hack.

Hey, thanks a lot! I hadn't noticed this, before!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#107 Old 24th Mar 2006 at 2:22 PM
The business adjuster has been updated with new features, check them out!
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#108 Old 24th Mar 2006 at 6:34 PM
I would like to point out that the generic sims call used in that bhav isn't made for retrieving actual funds. Its for calculating wealth level, which is what I gave you.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#109 Old 24th Mar 2006 at 7:37 PM
I would like to point out that the generic sims call used in that bhav isn't made for retrieving actual funds. Its for calculating wealth level, which is what I gave you.

I think it does retrieve actual funds. The code you gave me also checks to see if it is more than $15000, in which it gives you $$$, then more than $5000, in which it gives you $$, then finally just $.

It's a bit confusing because the numbers involved would overflow a int16, so it has to be stored in two int16s. Temp2 has the high value, measured in $10,000 increments, and Temp3 has the remainder.

Am I completely off-base? I tested this on a playable sim, and I thought it was working... the only thing I'm unhappy about is that I can't make the dialog look good... I have to do something like this: "$15 0,000 + $3,223" instead of "$153,223".
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#110 Old 24th Mar 2006 at 7:56 PM
One problem though, it can't handle large amounts. This is what I got in my testing:
8 and 7919 making 87919
2651 and 2140 making 98850911

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#111 Old 24th Mar 2006 at 8:05 PM Last edited by dolphin26 : 24th Mar 2006 at 8:17 PM.
One problem though, it can't handle large amounts. This is what I got in my testing:
8 and 7919 making 87919
2651 and 2140 making 98850911

In your above example, where did the 98850911 come from?
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#112 Old 24th Mar 2006 at 8:17 PM
Thats what the user inteface reported.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#113 Old 24th Mar 2006 at 8:18 PM Last edited by dolphin26 : 24th Mar 2006 at 8:31 PM.
Thats what the user inteface reported.

That is weird. Yes, the tests I had all were with modest wealth sims.

Hey, I've got an idea: Perhaps I could construct a BHAV that calculates exact funds if they are < $32,000, and -1 otherwise. Then I could use one of two dialogs, a generic one which says that it is over $32,000 for townies and rich sims, and another that says the exact amount for those with less than $32,000. That would probably fix both my formatting issue and any problem with really large numbers. And... I don't think you care if someone has more than $32,000 from a business perspective. What do you think?
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#114 Old 24th Mar 2006 at 8:34 PM
Go right ahead. Its your object. I was just making sure you knew about this.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#115 Old 24th Mar 2006 at 9:20 PM
It's done. The customer report now looks a lot nicer, too!
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#116 Old 24th Mar 2006 at 10:21 PM
Glad to hear it.

Test Subject
#117 Old 24th Mar 2006 at 10:58 PM
Hey guys.......................
I really want to download this, but I'm afraid it might harm the game...................

How is it working for you guys?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#118 Old 25th Mar 2006 at 3:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fantastik
Hey guys.......................
I really want to download this, but I'm afraid it might harm the game...................

How is it working for you guys?

I'm not aware of any problems related to this hack, and it's been downloaded nearly 10,000 times.
Field Researcher
#119 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 1:59 PM
MAN! i wish i had OFB!

It takes more time to TyPe LyK dIs than it does to type like this.
Forum Resident
#120 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 3:55 PM Last edited by anglesims2 : 26th Mar 2006 at 3:57 PM. Reason: Downloads
Ranking
Hey how can I get the ranks up to 10 in this cheat? Or is there away to cheat on this rank? Or can you make this happen with in this cheat object? It would be nice to get this too? Since I have disabilities it is hard for me to sit an extra timing for the ranks to hit the # 10 ranks. Thanks I hope you under stand? :baloons: :sci: :salute: :bandit:

PS: The download can not be found. The link for the download is coming up as a page can not be found. This is a problem? Help. Thanks! :sci:

"This too shall pass, I shall walk and not become weary, I shall run and not faint, I shall mount up with wings like and eagle and fly."
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#121 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anglesims2
Hey how can I get the ranks up to 10 in this cheat? Or is there away to cheat on this rank? Or can you make this happen with in this cheat object? It would be nice to get this too? Since I have disabilities it is hard for me to sit an extra timing for the ranks to hit the # 10 ranks. Thanks I hope you under stand? :baloons: :sci: :salute: :bandit:

PS: The download can not be found. The link for the download is coming up as a page can not be found. This is a problem? Help. Thanks! :sci:

I don't have a way to add business rank in this object, but you can do it indirectly with Squinge's adjust customer loyalty object. Just add stars to enough customers, and you get up the ranks quick enough.

As for your download problems, click on the having trouble downloading link next to the download. I can download it fine, and apparently over 10,000 others have as well.
Forum Resident
#122 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 4:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dolphin26
I don't have a way to add business rank in this object, but you can do it indirectly with Squinge's adjust customer loyalty object. Just add stars to enough customers, and you get up the ranks quick enough.

As for your download problems, click on the having trouble downloading link next to the download. I can download it fine, and apparently over 10,000 others have as well.

Thank you for the information. Oh the download links are fine I had to sign out of my MSN tjen resign in. It was my server this time. MSN can have problems. Thank you very much and for all your hard work. :baloons: :sci: :bandit:

"This too shall pass, I shall walk and not become weary, I shall run and not faint, I shall mount up with wings like and eagle and fly."
Test Subject
#123 Old 1st Apr 2006 at 2:53 AM
i tried to post this before, but I don't think it worked so if it shows up twice, sorry!
I was using the old version and have now updated, not sure if you changed an annoying feature or not, but if not, can you please?? pretty please??? When you mind read customers, it does it for everyone on the lot, but who cares what the employees want to buy? I just want a quick list of the customers. Employees can't buy anything anyway and I don't really care about their mood as i always use the boolprop maxmotives and motivedecay off cheat. i know I can just click on each customer and asses it, but I have a really large art gallery and it's a pain to hunt them down as opposed to just going to your object. I would love you forever if you could modify that!
P.S. Thanks again for this object, it's awsome!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#124 Old 1st Apr 2006 at 3:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eve2123
i tried to post this before, but I don't think it worked so if it shows up twice, sorry!
I was using the old version and have now updated, not sure if you changed an annoying feature or not, but if not, can you please?? pretty please??? When you mind read customers, it does it for everyone on the lot, but who cares what the employees want to buy? I just want a quick list of the customers. Employees can't buy anything anyway and I don't really care about their mood as i always use the boolprop maxmotives and motivedecay off cheat. i know I can just click on each customer and asses it, but I have a really large art gallery and it's a pain to hunt them down as opposed to just going to your object. I would love you forever if you could modify that!
P.S. Thanks again for this object, it's awsome!

The latest version already has code so it won't include employees. The algorithm it currently uses is everyone - selectable sims - employees.
Test Subject
#125 Old 1st Apr 2006 at 3:43 AM
right on, thanks!
Page 5 of 7