Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Dolphin's Business Adjuster -- Now With Freebie Purging 4/20/2006

by dolphin26 Posted 5th Mar 2006 at 11:57 PM - Updated 5th Mar 2008 at 2:00 AM by dolphin26 : keywords

164 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 159 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 7
Field Researcher
#126 Old 2nd Apr 2006 at 11:23 PM
VERRY good job!!!

It takes more time to TyPe LyK dIs than it does to type like this.
Test Subject
#127 Old 7th Apr 2006 at 2:55 PM
Nicely done. One requrest. Could the object also tally up full plates and/or single servings in inventiry? WOuld be most useful for bakery Sims.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#128 Old 7th Apr 2006 at 4:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by notovny
Nicely done. One requrest. Could the object also tally up full plates and/or single servings in inventiry? WOuld be most useful for bakery Sims.

I'll look into doing this, although it might be a bit until I have the time. I haven't played much with bakeries... What is the level of granularity, ie what is the set of objects that are distinct from each other for restocking purposes?
Test Subject
#129 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 12:25 AM
Well, there are Group Meals for every food or dessert in the game, and single plates for all of the foods and desserts. I can compile a list when I get home.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#130 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 12:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by notovny
Well, there are Group Meals for every food or dessert in the game, and single plates for all of the foods and desserts. I can compile a list when I get home.

Thanks.

Are these unique from a restocking perspective? For example, if you have cake on display and run out, can you automatically restock with another desert in your inventory, or does the game complain to you that you have no more cake?

I ask because for robots, the restocking is done by base stations, and munchie bots are interchangeable from sentry bots because they share the same base station. Likewise, clean-bots and hydro-bots are the same from a restocking perspective, because the game will restock with whichever is available in your inventory without regard to which was there originally. However, you can't restock a munchie bot with a clean-bot, because they have different base stations.

Do you know if anything similar happens with food? If so, which ones are grouped together?
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#131 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 7:12 PM
Food should be unique (restocking a bowl of cereal with lobster thermidor, or vice versa, just isn't right). And, if you didn't already figure it out, single servings and groupd servings are two diferent objects (guids).

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the appropriate thread.
Test Subject
#132 Old 13th Apr 2006 at 3:00 AM
Apologies that it took so long:

The following foods appear under Make Many: You can wind up with both serving dishes and plats/bowls of all these items.:
Cake
Hot Dogs
Lobster Thermidor
Hamburgers
Gelatin
Chili Con Carne
Baked Alaska
Cereal
Chef Salad
Crepes Suzette
Turkey
Toaster Pastries
Spaghetti
Lunchmeat Sandwiches
Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Mac and Cheese
Omelettes
Pancakes
Pork Chops
Salmon
Berry Pie
Cheesecake.

And if you have the Holiday party Pack,.
Santa Cookies
Holiday Roast

Under Make/Single Plate... (only a Single plate is ever availiable)
Cup O' Ramen.
Test Subject
#133 Old 19th Apr 2006 at 10:57 PM
Thanks so mutch for this! Finaly my dream can be tro... :-)
Test Subject
#134 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 5:53 PM
*hugz* So cool! thanx much

.............................Tired Of Life..............................
Test Subject
#135 Old 11th May 2006 at 9:56 AM
Thank you, it´s great !
Test Subject
#136 Old 17th May 2006 at 3:04 PM
Thank you so much for this it's great!

I do have 2 questions though - 1 easy 1 not so easy!

1) Would it be possible to change the number of business points added say to 15. I earn my 1st 10 the normal hard long winded way (i.e. without cheats!) then add the points when I reach rank 10 purely to get the 15 you can't earn on the business.

2) I have it set for enable reporter notification. So far I have been alerted to a reporter twice (once each at 2 different not linked in any way home businesses) and both times the reporter has been invisible. The only way to know where they are is by looking for a notebook floating in the air or one of the icon thingys showing itent to buy floating about with no one under it. This of course means my playable sims cannot intereact with the reporter. The way I have got round this is buy using the shoppers reports, looking to see what the reporter wants to buy, clicking on that item and selecting show item to [reporters name], my playable sim will then take the reporter to that item but still cannot interact with them as you cannot click on them. I then busy my playable sim(s) with dealing with all the other shoppers and hope my employee(s) who are tasked to sell do their job! My employees have so been able to interact with the invisible reporter. Is this caused by a conflict do you think? Or is there any other reason you can think of as to what is causing it?

Thank you
Lab Assistant
#137 Old 17th May 2006 at 8:06 PM
Thanks a bunch. This will help out a lot!!
Test Subject
#138 Old 18th May 2006 at 3:16 AM
Sweet
Test Subject
#139 Old 26th Jul 2006 at 3:40 AM
Omg This Is Totally AWESOME!!! Lol, thanks so much!
Test Subject
#140 Old 23rd Aug 2006 at 1:15 PM
Default Thanks
Thanks for this! I love it. It makes my life so much easier! Just what I needed.
Test Subject
#141 Old 23rd Aug 2006 at 1:41 PM
Thank You
Lab Assistant
#142 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 1:45 PM
Yeah!!! Thank you so much for this. I needed to use this in the business challenge after nearly pulling my hair out trying to complete it without this.
Thank you for my SANITY!!
Test Subject
#143 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 3:49 PM
absolutly increable lol

Some Graphic stuff by me =) lol
Dr. Zoidberg: How do I look?
Bender: Like whale barf.
Dr. Zoidberg: Then the illusion is complete.
Test Subject
#144 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 11:22 PM
i was just thinking to myself the other day, i wish there was a way to make owning a buisness easier. thank you so much for making that wish come true!!
Test Subject
#145 Old 27th Jan 2007 at 4:56 AM
Thanks so much! Hey, but is there an object that gets u customer loyalty? Really need that!
Test Subject
#146 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 3:33 AM
OMG Thank you very much for this!
Lab Assistant
#147 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 8:32 PM
Any idea of compatibility with Seasons yet?
Test Subject
#148 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 4:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dakekang
Thanks so much! Hey, but is there an object that gets u customer loyalty? Really need that!

nice idea.. I hope someone could make a hack like this.
Test Subject
#149 Old 18th Jun 2007 at 1:29 PM
Default Nope
Quote: Originally posted by velvet9409
Any idea of compatibility with Seasons yet?

Wouldn't work with Seasons for me, the object was flashing green and all I could do is view it.
Lab Assistant
#150 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 7:59 AM
Any chance this might be updated for Seasons? I am really needing something like this. Thanks!

*Some people only dream of angels; we held one in our arms.*
Remembering Jacob March 8 - 9, 1996
Our Angel
Page 6 of 7