Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Decorative Parking Spaces - with random cars parked

by MogHughson Posted 18th May 2009 at 3:45 PM - Updated 17th May 2011 at 6:16 PM by MogHughson : Removed internal categorisation as a driveway

246 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 209 Feedback Posts, 36 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 10
Test Subject
#126 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 4:57 PM
Its fantastic
Test Subject
#127 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 3:08 AM
This is awesome =D Ty ^_^ I cant wait to see it in game =D I've always wanted something like this =D!
Test Subject
#128 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 5:31 PM
Thank youuuuuuuuu!! :D
Test Subject
#129 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 4:26 AM
LOL! I love the chalk outline! Now if only we could get our goddamn sims to park in the spaces. Then again, I'm just learning how to drive, and i know that parking on the side of the road is a helluva lot less infuriating (if not more dangerous. :P)
Test Subject
#130 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 6:21 PM
Hey! I have a quick question for you MogHughson. Is there a way for you to upload this again with the package file ending .zip? I don't have the program to extract the files ending in .RAR and i have had to miss out on a lot of things on MTS2. But I am VERY excited about this and would love to have this in my game. If you could do that would be sooooo amazing of you and I'm sure a lot of unfortunate simmers like myself would thank you for it! If you don't know how that's ok. BUT this looks sooooooo COOL!
Test Subject
#131 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 1:39 PM
Great work, but on my parking place can only 5 different cars park and that are the stupid ones...
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#132 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vinnyvis
Great work, but on my parking place can only 5 different cars park and that are the stupid ones...
You need to get yourself some custom content cars that have been updated to use my mod, two that I know of are linked in the related pages tab - or update some custom content cars yourself.
Test Subject
#133 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 2:22 AM
this is veryyyyy creative and unique!!! i'm not sure if i want to download yet! but good job it looks fabulous!!!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#134 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 10:32 PM
Would it be possible to make random cars show up in the neighborhood mode as well? I'm having fun making lots of little paring lots for my businesses, but when I go back to the neighborhood the parking lots look so bare.
Lab Assistant
#135 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 2:03 AM
Something I've noticed in my game since installing these parking spaces is that now every single one of my cars in buy mode (even Maxis ones) will display with the CC asterisk (*). Did you notice this?
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#136 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 2:46 AM
Yes, this is caused by putting it in the Downloads folder. The same thing happens when you put one of my Buy Mod recat mods in the Download folder. I've recommended getting around that by placing my mod in some of the game file folders in the Program Files instead of Documents. This might also work for this mod but I haven't tried it yet.
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#137 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 1:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
Would it be possible to make random cars show up in the neighborhood mode as well? I'm having fun making lots of little paring lots for my businesses, but when I go back to the neighborhood the parking lots look so bare.
The cars are only generated in the parking spaces when you go into live mode - this is why they don't show up in the neighborhood view. I don't know whether, without completely reworking the way I mad this mod, there would be a way of making them appear in neighborhood as well.

Quote: Originally posted by ghettometalchick
Something I've noticed in my game since installing these parking spaces is that now every single one of my cars in buy mode (even Maxis ones) will display with the CC asterisk (*). Did you notice this?
This is because I updated all the Maxis cars to show up in my car parking spaces. This means there is a change to an existing object and that grants the existing object the star to show it has been customised.
Test Subject
#138 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 6:48 PM
WinRAR
Quote: Originally posted by PPndprncss
Hey! I have a quick question for you MogHughson. Is there a way for you to upload this again with the package file ending .zip? I don't have the program to extract the files ending in .RAR and i have had to miss out on a lot of things on MTS2. But I am VERY excited about this and would love to have this in my game. If you could do that would be sooooo amazing of you and I'm sure a lot of unfortunate simmers like myself would thank you for it! If you don't know how that's ok. BUT this looks sooooooo COOL!

PPndprncss all you need to open .RAR files is win rar. Win rar also opens zip folders
Instructor
#139 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 7:26 AM
Finally, no more lots with spooky empty parking spaces!
Test Subject
#140 Old 31st Jul 2009 at 3:51 PM
Good job! I think its pretty cool. (: Thanks!!
Lab Assistant
#141 Old 9th Aug 2009 at 4:37 PM
Good job, but i sometimes i see that there are more cars than sims. can you make any other mod or else to fix this? It should be more realistic.
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#142 Old 9th Aug 2009 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MCO798
Good job, but i sometimes i see that there are more cars than sims. can you make any other mod or else to fix this? It should be more realistic.
The number of Sims generated on a Community Lot is dependant on how powerful your computer is. I suggest you only place as many parking spaces as this number and then your car numbers will never exceed your Sim numbers.

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Test Subject
#143 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 2:08 AM
Wait... does this also work on custom community lots?

I currently have all the EPs installed except Seasons; when I visit a custom lot, it still shows the empty parking spaces. In your post, it seems like this fix only works for the premade lots.
#144 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 2:22 AM
...and here I thought it worked *only* for custom lots...

[...which includes EDITED premades, of course...]

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Test Subject
#145 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 2:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GeneralOperationsDirector
...and here I thought it worked *only* for custom lots...

[...which includes EDITED premades, of course...]

The only examples I see are the Pleasantview and other default 'hood ones.

I loaded my Wal-Mart (courtesy of Arch of The Future here on MTS2) and Mr. Summerdream stood amongst an empty parking lot.
Field Researcher
#146 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 1:09 PM
wow relly can your sims park there?
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#147 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 4:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by One Step
Wait... does this also work on custom community lots?

I currently have all the EPs installed except Seasons; when I visit a custom lot, it still shows the empty parking spaces. In your post, it seems like this fix only works for the premade lots.

The only examples I see are the Pleasantview and other default 'hood ones.

I loaded my Wal-Mart (courtesy of Arch of The Future here on MTS2) and Mr. Summerdream stood amongst an empty parking lot.
The examples shown have been editted by me to place parking spaces there - you will have to do the same wherever you wish to have parking spaces. You can quite happily do this for premade lots or custom lots, just like you can for any other object - there is no restriction there. There is no way I could have started adding parking spaces to your lots myself - that would be very difficult, if not impossible. If you want parked cars generated in your Wal-Mart lot, download the parking space object and then follow the instructions here.

Quote: Originally posted by xmgirl
wow relly can your sims park there?
No - as noted in the thread - these are not cars belonging to your Sim - you cannot interact with these cars in any way. What you request is something I would love to produce as well - but it is not this mod.

Cheers
Mog

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Lab Assistant
#148 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 7:18 PM
This is a really great idea, perfect for movie making and generally adding realism to the game!
Scholar
#149 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 11:35 PM
I just downloaded this, but cannot find it anywhere in my game. I have custom content enabled and all, so everything else shows up, but I can't find these parking spaces.

Thanks in advance.
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#150 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 10:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 1ove
I just downloaded this, but cannot find it anywhere in my game. I have custom content enabled and all, so everything else shows up, but I can't find these parking spaces.
They are in with the driveways.

Page 6 of 10