Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#28351 Old 6th Oct 2021 at 4:57 AM
@Phantomknight What you say is true, the so common failures in the saves are a critical problem.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#28352 Old 6th Oct 2021 at 12:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
jain, my best guess is hood deco (maybe beach waves?) or some kind of lightning or graphical glitch that you haven't found. Maybe there was a strain on your computer, for example.
Thank you - that sounds possible. The beach waves appeared to set it off so some external issue in my computer may have generated it.
Link Ninja
#28353 Old 6th Oct 2021 at 3:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jain
A long time ago (years) my game started rolling long blue angled flat ‘water’ across the surf and land of beach houses. Every neighborhood in that game was affected. Somehow I solved it but I don’t remember how. Two days ago it started up again. This time I generated a new vanilla game and copied the camera and config files over to see if some kind of basic graphics problem was causing the problem. It was fine. No water. I began adding the cc from the old game. It took me two days of slowly adding and checking. (I have over 40,000 files). The problem never reoccurred. Finally I moved my main neighborhood from the glitching game to the new one. No beach glitch now at all. The cc is exactly the same. What on earth is up with this?

I had this issue too, it happened maybe after I added the pond/sea overhaul but I found a fix where you change something in one of the config files.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#28354 Old 8th Oct 2021 at 2:10 AM
Silly question, but how does the game decide what Sims are available for me to invite on vacation? I was thinking about sending Tiffany Riley and Gideon Cho away to have a destination wedding (second question, is this possible? Never tried getting Sims married on holiday before!), but Gideon doesn't show up on the possible list of guests to invite. There's only eight sims in the list of friends, only half of which she's actually friends with, and I know she knows (and is friends with) lots more sims than that!
Field Researcher
#28355 Old 8th Oct 2021 at 4:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
I had this issue too, it happened maybe after I added the pond/sea overhaul but I found a fix where you change something in one of the config files.
I'd love to know what it is. This was such a time waster.
Alchemist
#28356 Old 8th Oct 2021 at 8:09 AM
sushigal007--your guess is as good as mine! I remember I had that exact issue before. I was trying to get Consort Capp to take all his grandkids on a Three Lakes vacation and only some of them showed up in the list. And when I switched to Tybalt, Hermia, or Juliette, different sims appeared in the list, but never all of them. I ended up using the blender to move the sims in temporarily and then had Consort call for the vacation. So, yeah, if the sim isn't showing on the list, and if the wedding isn't supposed to be spontaneous, I'd move the sim in first, then go on vacation. If they're a playable, that might be for the best anyway.

As for getting married on vacation, that should be possible; wasn't BV the EP that introduced community lot weddings? Either way, you should be able to do it, though if not, you can always put down a hacked wedding arch. That should do the trick, too.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#28357 Old 8th Oct 2021 at 11:16 AM
Well, seeing as they're all going to live together after the wedding anyway, I might just have them all move in together first and do it that way. Just means I have to wait until after 6pm so Gideon and Etsuo don't get aged up out of sync.
Mad Poster
#28358 Old 8th Oct 2021 at 2:01 PM
How to change a lot's FAMILY name (not the "address" name)

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Scholar
#28359 Old 8th Oct 2021 at 2:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
How to change a lot's FAMILY name (not the "address" name)

In SimPE : Tools - Neighborhood - Neighborhood browser. Tools - Sim Browser. Under Playable open any Sim from that family. In Plugin View : More - Open Family. In FAMi editor change the name in Name field. Commit, Save
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#28360 Old 8th Oct 2021 at 9:36 PM
Reading an old thread about the size of people's Download folder - 2GB was not uncommon. When I look at attributes on my folder it says 1.31 KB, & 4KB "on disc", I don't know what "on disc" means, but how can 1.31KB be correct?! Seems to me I have LOTS of CC!

Mad Poster
#28361 Old 8th Oct 2021 at 9:41 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 9th Oct 2021 at 1:27 AM.
^ Are you sure you read that right, or checked the proper folder? 4 kb wouldn't be much more than a couple mod files, so that can't be your full Downloads folder if you have more than a few files in there.

My "extreme basics", just my defaults and mods which I refuse to open my game without, are about 600 MB, but I usually play with quite a bit more. My full folder used to be around 30-35 (but it's been shaved down a bit after I started reorganizing it - chucking out some stuff I don't use, compressing and removing duplicates and such).
Theorist
#28362 Old 8th Oct 2021 at 9:43 PM
Data is stored on disk in clusters (usually 4 KB in size), so while the files' actual size (1.31 KB) may be smaller, it is considered for those files to take up 4 KB of space on the disk, as they take up one whole cluster. If the size of files would be 4.2 KB, size on disk would read 8 KB, etc.

Are you sure you're looking at the actual folder, not a shortcut?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28363 Old 8th Oct 2021 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Reading an old thread about the size of people's Download folder - 2GB was not uncommon. When I look at attributes on my folder it says 1.31 KB, & 4KB "on disc", I don't know what "on disc" means, but how can 1.31KB be correct?! Seems to me I have LOTS of CC!

How old was that thread? 2GB is nothing. Most of us long time simmers have 10-20GB.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#28364 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 3:53 AM
I was looking at the shortcut (assumed it would give me attributes of the actual folder); I have 6 GB. Still surprised that others have so much more!

Theorist
#28365 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 7:54 AM
Me too, I'm still well-under a GB! I mostly have mods in and haven't bothered to start object and clothes CC shopping yet.
Alchemist
#28366 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 10:28 PM
How popular is sweet down low? Do a lot of you simmers use it? I'm thinking of doing a SDL version of my lot upload, but idk. On the one hand, I'm thinking that would be overkill--I already have 2 versions of this apartment, and no parking lot versions of both (so four total). But on the other hand, as someone who uses SDL, I know what a pita it is to have to go into a lot and re-adjust all the paintings. I'm not sure if it's something most downloaders would be interested in, you know? But that would be like, eight versions... Eight versions is crazy, right?

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Forum Resident
#28367 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
How popular is sweet down low? Do a lot of you simmers use it? I'm thinking of doing a SDL version of my lot upload, but idk. On the one hand, I'm thinking that would be overkill--I already have 2 versions of this apartment, and no parking lot versions of both (so four total). But on the other hand, as someone who uses SDL, I know what a pita it is to have to go into a lot and re-adjust all the paintings. I'm not sure if it's something most downloaders would be interested in, you know? But that would be like, eight versions... Eight versions is crazy, right?

Not to be disrespectful or rude, but. What is sweet down low?

I looked it up and only found what appears to be some edits of in-game things by HugeLunatic? But I still don't get what it is...
Mad Poster
#28368 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 11:02 PM
^ It's edited versions of wallhangings, (only?) useful for those who have AL/UC because it affects the shift ability.

If you want to shift wall items lower than their default height, they go dark (known bug, no known "fix-it-all" fix as of yet). The SweetDownLow project moves the mesh of these items down to ground level, so shifting down below the default height isn't necessary. Shifting up, and shifting down as long as you're above the default height of the mesh doesn't cause the dark issue.
Alchemist
#28369 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 11:10 PM
What simmer22 said. It's mostly defaults of paintings, but also a few wall hanging items. Very useful if you want to move wall hangings around and/or closer together. Like I do with your posters, sugoisama, now that I think about it! In a vanilla game, if you move things below about, oh, half way down the wall, the painting/object appears dark--like a shadow's over it.

Hmm, maybe it's not so popular, then, and I don't have to worry about it...

aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#28370 Old 10th Oct 2021 at 9:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by topp
Me too, I'm still well-under a GB! I mostly have mods in and haven't bothered to start object and clothes CC shopping yet.

Once you do it will be too late and the GBs will go up before you realise it!
Alchemist
#28371 Old 10th Oct 2021 at 9:35 AM
Yeah, do you need a list, @topp? Cuz I can get you one of those. My browser is currently at 389 pages--so about 380 pages worth of stuff waiting to be downloaded! And that's down from around 480 last week. So, you know, just say the word. We can help you fix that 1 GB problem!

aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#28372 Old 10th Oct 2021 at 10:57 AM
Hey, if @topp needs CC, we can all chip in and donate 1 gb each! Do you want any medieval stuff? Or are you a modern player?
I've got tons of stuff I don't even use for the game, perhaps you can use it!

Sims 2 players are always helping each other other..

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Theorist
#28373 Old 10th Oct 2021 at 7:04 PM
Omg guys, thanks so much! I'm not sure where I would even begin to ask - living room furniture? Dishwashers? AM outerwear?
Alchemist
#28374 Old 10th Oct 2021 at 10:56 PM
Eh, I can be like that, too, where I need to play the game a bit to figure out what I need. That's like half my download sessions. I load up the game, realize I need something, exit the game, find what I'm looking for after 20 minutes, then spend the rest of the day downloading other things .

But seriously, yeah, put up a wcif, let us know what aesthetic you prefer and I'd help you find stuff. I'm sure other simmers would too.

aka Kelyns | she/her
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#28375 Old 10th Oct 2021 at 11:24 PM
Fruitbowls... I have an amazing collection of Sims 2 fruitbowls for some reason, so @Topp could have those. Should add a few Mb to the total!
Page 1135 of 1345