Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Pregnant Aging & Death PLUS Children&Toddlers

by PolarBearSims Posted 14th Mar 2017 at 12:26 AM - Updated 24th Oct 2023 at 2:04 AM by PolarBearSims

132 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 99 Feedback Posts, 32 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 6
Test Subject
#51 Old 26th Sep 2018 at 10:51 PM
in my opinion you should add death by fire for toddlers. well, if it's possible, of course.
Theorist
Original Poster
#52 Old 27th Sep 2018 at 4:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MajorHangover
in my opinion you should add death by fire for toddlers. well, if it's possible, of course.

Toddlers dying by fire is already in the mod.

For help with my mods please join my discord HERE

**********If you like my builds, mods or videos you can support me at Patreon! **********

*****Thank you for all of your support!*****
Theorist
Original Poster
#53 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 8:16 PM
UPDATE:

No changes were needed for the new patch, however, I made some major changes with the files. When I do have to make changes for updates, it's very time consuming to go through so many flavors with the same files. By doing what I have done with it and making Add-on's, which are required since this is a multi part download, it will reduce time in updates.

11/18/18
ADDED: Denizen Drown<--I have no idea what this is, if you do please let me know
CHANGED: Flavors have changed and Add-On's have been created to make updating faster. Please read each flavor and Add-On below carefully.

I strongly suggest reading the add on's and flavors sections. If this isn't downloaded right, it will not work. Any questions please ask me here or follow the link in my signature below.

Thank you for all of your support!

~ENJOY~

**********If you like my builds, mods or videos you can support me at Patreon! **********

Test Subject
#54 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 8:54 PM
maybe I am being a little dense today, but just making sure I need both the pregnant aging death mod and the children /toddler death compatible mod for all these things to happen in game?
Theorist
Original Poster
#55 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 2:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by crazi_aboutu
maybe I am being a little dense today, but just making sure I need both the pregnant aging death mod and the children /toddler death compatible mod for all these things to happen in game?

After you download "Pregnant Aging and Death Mod" then choose if you want "Death Only" or the Death & Aging" Add-On. Those will tell the main mod what you want to do to your pregnant sims. Then for the children since you have the pregnant portion, you will want the Children & Toddlers Compatible with Pregnant. The other one is only if you children and toddlers only and not pregnant sims. Hope this helps!

Theorist
Original Poster
#56 Old 2nd Jan 2019 at 11:55 PM
I apologize for being so late on checking my mods with the 12/20/18 patch. Was a very busy holiday season. Thank you for your patience. This mod needed no changes for the 12/20/18 patch.

However, there was a few fixes and additions to the mod:
1/2/19
FIXED: Pregnant sims should now die from: fire, electrocution, hunger and drowning.
ADDED: Child sims should die if hit by lightning.<--In Testing

Thank you for all of your support!

~ENJOY~

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#57 Old 4th Jan 2019 at 5:23 AM
The mod is not working for the toddlers. Only adults and children.
Theorist
Original Poster
#58 Old 4th Jan 2019 at 12:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Swirlkawaiikitten
The mod is not working for the toddlers. Only adults and children.

Thank you. I will look into it.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#59 Old 5th Jan 2019 at 10:54 AM
Denizen drown is for the pond that came with Get Famous. Apparently you can drown in that. I found one a few days ago that said Netherworld death, do you know what that is? It is also for pets so I thought possible it was a pet restricted death?
Theorist
Original Poster
#60 Old 5th Jan 2019 at 3:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CoffinFit
Denizen drown is for the pond that came with Get Famous. Apparently you can drown in that. I found one a few days ago that said Netherworld death, do you know what that is? It is also for pets so I thought possible it was a pet restricted death?

Thank you on letting me know what denizen death was. I don't know yet what the netherworld death is either.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#61 Old 5th Jan 2019 at 3:20 PM
I will test it later today and see what it is.
Test Subject
#62 Old 4th Feb 2019 at 2:30 AM Last edited by PaulJA : 4th Feb 2019 at 2:42 AM. Reason: update on drowning
Hey there! Thanks for the mod. However, I seem to be having issues with toddlers dying via fire. Specifically, I'm using the standalone download (children toddler death) dated 3rd Jan. I have a test shack 3x3 setup with a fireplace and a high chair. First using a grown up sim I put the random townie toddler I invited here in the high chair and give them food to keep them occupied, then I spam lighting the fireplace until it catches fire. I then get the adult out of it and lock the door (if possible, else I'll have to keep cancelling the toddler's demand to be let out of the chair).

However, this has only worked ONCE - coincidentally, the first time I tested it, and I happened to move my camera to focus on a different sim on the lot so I didn't actually see the toddler die, but there was an urn which confirmed it. In every single subsequent test I see the toddler sitting in the high chair, in the middle of the fire, unharmed. I ran 14 tests since yesterday evening so I'm not convinced it's a fluke. Whenever I leave the adult sim in the shack, they always burst into flames when they come in contact with the fire, guaranteed. The toddler however just sits there in their burning high chair. Nothing.

I even sectioned off a 1x1 tile in the corner and turned the walls there to a fence, so I could put the toddler down in there (grown up sims can put toddlers down over a short fence). Again, the fire rages around the entire shack, even the tile where the toddler is imprisoned, and it doesn't die. Again, by comparison, if I lock up the adult in there, they burn the second any flames reach the tile. The only other script mod I have is MCCC, but I doubt it conflicts. Seen no exceptions either.

I have tested death by hunger and that appears to be working correctly, many thanks.

Not yet tested electrocution - btw how do you get this to happen? Nor lightning either. I know there's a lightning cheat but doesn't it strike a random tile in the whole map?

Haven't tested drowning yet, I actually haven't gotten around to building pools. That's next on the list. EDIT: Bleh, toddlers can't enter water. Did a quick search, turns out they've always never been able to even in previous games. This just makes me doubly annoyed about fire not working. It seems like you literally can't kill them other than forcibly starving them, which takes way too long and you'll have to do it on their home lot (visiting toddlers will simply teleport away, just like any visitor you attempt to imprison).

Could you look into this please? Thanks. I'm mostly annoyed at the disparity between older sims and toddlers -- it's like toddlers only get checked at one place in the code or something where you can mod them to be vulnerable to fire, but other sims get checked a whole lot more causing them to burn far more easily. It's extremely annoying when they're sitting there right in the middle of the flames and not burn, and for the entire duration of the fire too not just a couple seconds. Like why even care about your sims if they're invulnerable to anything right?
Theorist
Original Poster
#63 Old 4th Feb 2019 at 3:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PaulJA
Hey there! Thanks for the mod. However, I seem to be having issues with toddlers dying via fire. Specifically, I'm using the standalone download (children toddler death) dated 3rd Jan. I have a test shack 3x3 setup with a fireplace and a high chair. First using a grown up sim I put the random townie toddler I invited here in the high chair and give them food to keep them occupied, then I spam lighting the fireplace until it catches fire. I then get the adult out of it and lock the door (if possible, else I'll have to keep cancelling the toddler's demand to be let out of the chair).

However, this has only worked ONCE - coincidentally, the first time I tested it, and I happened to move my camera to focus on a different sim on the lot so I didn't actually see the toddler die, but there was an urn which confirmed it. In every single subsequent test I see the toddler sitting in the high chair, in the middle of the fire, unharmed. I ran 14 tests since yesterday evening so I'm not convinced it's a fluke. Whenever I leave the adult sim in the shack, they always burst into flames when they come in contact with the fire, guaranteed. The toddler however just sits there in their burning high chair. Nothing.

I even sectioned off a 1x1 tile in the corner and turned the walls there to a fence, so I could put the toddler down in there (grown up sims can put toddlers down over a short fence). Again, the fire rages around the entire shack, even the tile where the toddler is imprisoned, and it doesn't die. Again, by comparison, if I lock up the adult in there, they burn the second any flames reach the tile. The only other script mod I have is MCCC, but I doubt it conflicts. Seen no exceptions either.

I have tested death by hunger and that appears to be working correctly, many thanks.

Not yet tested electrocution - btw how do you get this to happen? Nor lightning either. I know there's a lightning cheat but doesn't it strike a random tile in the whole map?

Haven't tested drowning yet, I actually haven't gotten around to building pools. That's next on the list. EDIT: Bleh, toddlers can't enter water. Did a quick search, turns out they've always never been able to even in previous games. This just makes me doubly annoyed about fire not working. It seems like you literally can't kill them other than forcibly starving them, which takes way too long and you'll have to do it on their home lot (visiting toddlers will simply teleport away, just like any visitor you attempt to imprison).

Could you look into this please? Thanks. I'm mostly annoyed at the disparity between older sims and toddlers -- it's like toddlers only get checked at one place in the code or something where you can mod them to be vulnerable to fire, but other sims get checked a whole lot more causing them to burn far more easily. It's extremely annoying when they're sitting there right in the middle of the flames and not burn, and for the entire duration of the fire too not just a couple seconds. Like why even care about your sims if they're invulnerable to anything right?

I doubt they will die in a high chair, by fireor starvation bc in order to do so they stretch and use the child animation. Since children can't use high chairs there's, no animation for it.

I have no idea if toddlers can die of electrocution. Don't know how to get it to happen.

I will check the fire, they should die.

Unfortunately there's not much that toddlers can do that could cause death.

Test Subject
#64 Old 4th Feb 2019 at 4:22 AM Last edited by PaulJA : 4th Feb 2019 at 5:15 AM. Reason: edited for townie household hallway fire test
Quote: Originally posted by PolarBearSims
I doubt they will die in a high chair, by fireor starvation bc in order to do so they stretch and use the child animation. Since children can't use high chairs there's, no animation for it.

I have no idea if toddlers can die of electrocution. Don't know how to get it to happen.

I will check the fire, they should die.

Unfortunately there's not much that toddlers can do that could cause death.

Oh, don't worry about children, sorry if that was the impression - it was just toddlers I was venting about. If you can just get them to die properly when the high chair they're occupying gets burnt, it would be great! Because in every test the high chairs reliably charred, so I know the fire is being detected on that tile and being applied to the chair. It's just not being applied to the toddler occupying said chair.

Not too worried about the other death types, I completely understand where you're coming from. No electrocution (toddlers can't perform repairs), lighting is way too random to be an issue, and they can't enter water. Great. I can deal with all of this. What I can't deal with is the high chairs getting burned but the toddler in them completely unscathed. (I'm also puzzled how they survive when locked in that 1x1 tile surrounded by fences, so the problem probably isn't related to the high chair item, but the being-on-fire code or something.)

Thanks for the fast response!

EDIT: Okay I'm not sure how I got that initial death in my first test. Just now I went over to a random household at Midnight Hollow. I elongated a hallway, fenced it off, and placed a fireplace on a wall near the fence. Then I picked up the three townie toddlers living there and placed them in the fenced-off area, before spamming the fireplace with my grown up sim until a fire started. This time the toddlers were basically standing in a 2x3 area. Everything in there got burned, from the rugs to the curtains, but the toddlers remained unscathed despite every single tile of the area being on fire at some point.

I know I can simply kill them via MCCC, but this doesn't cause other sims to react. I'm trying to design story scenarios which means deaths need to happen in ways other sims can witness and react to. Children deaths are A-ok and working with your mod iirc, it's just toddlers I'm seeing issues with. Afaik only starvation death works. I don't even mind the stretching-animation glitch, that's fine. As long as the witnessing sims see the death and react to it, that works.
Theorist
Original Poster
#65 Old 4th Feb 2019 at 5:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PaulJA
Oh, don't worry about children, sorry if that was the impression - it was just toddlers I was venting about. If you can just get them to die properly when the high chair they're occupying gets burnt, it would be great! Because in every test the high chairs reliably charred, so I know the fire is being detected on that tile and being applied to the chair. It's just not being applied to the toddler occupying said chair.

Not too worried about the other death types, I completely understand where you're coming from. No electrocution (toddlers can't perform repairs), lighting is way too random to be an issue, and they can't enter water. Great. I can deal with all of this. What I can't deal with is the high chairs getting burned but the toddler in them completely unscathed. (I'm also puzzled how they survive when locked in that 1x1 tile surrounded by fences, so the problem probably isn't related to the high chair item, but the being-on-fire code or something.)

Thanks for the fast response!

EDIT: Okay I'm not sure how I got that initial death in my first test. Just now I went over to a random household at Midnight Hollow. I elongated a hallway, fenced it off, and placed a fireplace on a wall near the fence. Then I picked up the three townie toddlers living there and placed them in the fenced-off area, before spamming the fireplace with my grown up sim until a fire started. This time the toddlers were basically standing in a 2x3 area. Everything in there got burned, from the rugs to the curtains, but the toddlers remained unscathed despite every single tile of the area being on fire at some point.

I know I can simply kill them via MCCC, but this doesn't cause other sims to react. I'm trying to design story scenarios which means deaths need to happen in ways other sims can witness and react to. Children deaths are A-ok and working with your mod iirc, it's just toddlers I'm seeing issues with. Afaik only starvation death works. I don't even mind the stretching-animation glitch, that's fine. As long as the witnessing sims see the death and react to it, that works.

They probably won't die in a high chair bc of the lack of the death animation. Try a larger area for the fire death. Just wondering if maybe it's not big enough. Maybe the animation needs to occupy more tiles to work. Also make sure there's enough room for the grim reaper to do his thing. I will try to get this tested tomorrow after work.

Test Subject
#66 Old 4th Feb 2019 at 9:38 AM Last edited by PaulJA : 23rd Feb 2019 at 3:05 AM. Reason: more testing
Quote: Originally posted by PolarBearSims
They probably won't die in a high chair bc of the lack of the death animation. Try a larger area for the fire death. Just wondering if maybe it's not big enough. Maybe the animation needs to occupy more tiles to work. Also make sure there's enough room for the grim reaper to do his thing. I will try to get this tested tomorrow after work.

I hoped this might be the case, but after several tests in a couple hours it doesn't seem to. Started a new game, fresh sim, built a test room ranging from 3x3 to 5x5. Used the household editor to move a family next door, invited their toddler over. Put them down in the room (tried near the wall, near the fireplace, in the center), then got the fire going. In all tests my young adult sim caught fire when the flames reached his tile, burned, and died (happened even when he was in the corner of the room standing by the door). The toddler escaped harm in all tests, even in cases when it was standing in the middle of the room with all 3x3 adjacent tiles around it clear of items - as before, the flames simply burned the tile it was on but did not spread to the sim.

Hope this isn't too annoying, just want to help confirm the mod works for toddlers (and it does for starvation). Cheers.

EDIT: I checked the toddler death that happened in my very first test, by using Manage Households to play the household it came from and looking at the parents' family tree. Turns out the toddler died of starvation, not fire. I can only conclude that death by fire is NOT working for toddlers as the evidence is now entirely stacked against it. Hopefully this helps you find a fix.

2019-02-23 edit: I realize this is a bit old, didn't want to multipost. Just wanted to note toddlers can die in high chairs despite the lack of animation. How to test: visit a townie household, isolate the toddler and put them in a highchair in the kitchen - and then obstruct the way to the kitchen with furniture. Do NOT wall them off - if they are completely walled off, the game will auto-release the toddler after they cry for being stuck in the highchair. Since you are now simply blocked by furniture, the toddler will continually keep calling to other sims to release them, but those sims will continually complain about the path being blocked. When the toddler's food need bottoms out, they will immediately poof disappear and their urn will pop up beside the high chair. I consider this acceptable, thanks.

Another test, when put in a kiddie pool, the toddler will happily keep playing in there, not showing any distress - I believe this is simply because the pool forces a set of specific animations so they aren't allowed to show emotions. When they finally starve, they will act as if they were finally released from playing in the pool - the older sim accompanying them will let them out, then they'll immediately go into the stretching dying animation. Also working as intended, thanks.
Test Subject
#67 Old 17th Jun 2019 at 11:57 PM
Thanks for the mod!
I'm really hoping you can maybe add cowplant death to children at some point! I saw someone mention it a while back but not sure what the final verdict ended up being.
The only other mod I've found (lethal autonomy) is outdated, so it would be super helpful if possible.
Theorist
Original Poster
#68 Old 18th Jun 2019 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LucyShellfish
Thanks for the mod!
I'm really hoping you can maybe add cowplant death to children at some point! I saw someone mention it a while back but not sure what the final verdict ended up being.
The only other mod I've found (lethal autonomy) is outdated, so it would be super helpful if possible.

I've never grown a cowplant so don't know how to get one to test if it would work or not.

Theorist
Original Poster
#69 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 11:23 PM
UPDATE:

Patch Update: 6/18/19
ADDED: Drowning in the Ocean - Also for children
ADDED: Pufferfish while sitting

Thank you for all of your support and patience!

~ENJOY~

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#70 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 12:27 PM
Thank you for all the hard work you do to keep this mod and other mods up to date
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#71 Old 28th Jun 2019 at 1:33 AM
Thank you very much. Wondering whether I can only have aging while pregnant and die from old age? I really don't want have a high possibilities of other cause of deaths.
Theorist
Original Poster
#72 Old 28th Jun 2019 at 12:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuzenY
Thank you very much. Wondering whether I can only have aging while pregnant and die from old age? I really don't want have a high possibilities of other cause of deaths.

There isn't a version for only death of old age.

Test Subject
#73 Old 2nd Jul 2019 at 11:36 PM
Thanks for your amazing work. But I think the description of the mod is a bit chaotic and confusing (or maybe im just slow). If someone else is confused, just read this:
- There are two different mods, 1.- for pregnant aging and death, 2.- toddler-children death. You can choose one, or both.
- If you want pregnant aging and/or death, you must ALWAYS donwload the Pregnant_death_Mod.zip. Then, YOU MUST CHOOSE between downloading the Death_Only.zip or the Death&Aging.zip, but YOU NEED one of those. If you are not interested in toddler-children deaths, you are done here.
- If you also want toddler-children deaths YOU NEED to download aswell the file called childrenToddlerDeath_compatible_pregnant.zip. You are done now, go kill some innocent souls.
- But if you only wanted toddler-children deaths, but are not interested in the pregnant part, YOU ONLY need to download the Childrentoddlerdeath.zip file, that's all.
Test Subject
#74 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 5:20 AM
In the childrenToddlerDeath_compatible_pregnant version children do not die
Theorist
Original Poster
#75 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 12:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by _Diana1998_
In the childrenToddlerDeath_compatible_pregnant version children do not die

What is it that is happening and what death are you trying to do?

Page 3 of 6