Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

**UPDATED** 2-tile Wooden Ladder (stairs)

by Targa Posted 14th Oct 2005 at 7:04 PM - Updated 15th Oct 2005 at 4:44 AM by Targa : Updated to version 1 - fixed global stair animations

108 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 102 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Test Subject
#26 Old 14th Oct 2005 at 11:38 PM
Does this make the animations weird for all staircases for anyone else?
Instructor
#27 Old 14th Oct 2005 at 11:45 PM
Thank you so much Now I can build semi realistic tree houses for my Little sims now all I need is the tree :confused:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 12:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Stool Pigeon
Does this make the animations weird for all staircases for anyone else?

This doesn't affect any other object or animations.
Forum Resident
#29 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 12:23 AM
This is amazing! Thanx for sharing!

~ Syn
Inventor
#30 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 1:40 AM
Oh brilliant!!!! Two tiled stairs, if this works as good as I think it will, I am sooooo happy. It's a blessing to me, as I don't have to trash my favourite smaller houses that my families have outgrown.

Thank you sooo much.

*♥.¸Here we go again .♥*
Test Subject
#31 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 1:50 AM
great~~~i like it
thank you
Test Subject
#32 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 2:13 AM
Huh, well maybe it's something else then, but my sims teleport up stairs, and when they go down they like float down, but really fast.

Oh and I forgot to mention that I think you're ladder is really cool. :D
Test Subject
#33 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 2:45 AM
OH! THX! I'll try it

⊂二二二( ^ω^)二⊃
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 3:00 AM
Exactly what I've been looking for! Thanks so much! Now I just need stair cases like this for small houses. But for now, I can finally make Jay Shafer's house! -=runs off to install=-
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#35 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 4:19 AM Last edited by Targa : 15th Oct 2005 at 4:44 AM.
Stool Pigeon: I misunderstood your post. I'll check now... maybe there's a problem I didn't forsee.

Edit: Yep, thanks for spotting that. Fixed and updated. Please re-download the file.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 4:40 AM
ha oh- i geuss my cat house sims will find the find out what happened to the ones- that didn't pay.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 4:43 AM
wheres the download button??????I must be blind i cant see it
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 4:44 AM
woops nevermind
Deviant Savant
retired moderator
#39 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 4:51 AM
Love it, Targa.. you've inspired a house already
Field Researcher
#40 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 5:32 AM
I Love your **UPDATED** 2-tile Wooden Ladder (stairs)....:sniper: Thanx so much.... :devil: :devil2: :flamer:
Test Subject
#41 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 7:06 AM
My lovely Targa, you're a GENIOUS! Luv Y, luv Y, luv Y! I've hope ladders for ages... Once more: Luv Y! [LOL ]
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 8:27 AM
thanks for the update, i noticed sims began to get from floor to floor a lot quicker than they should have been... i wasnt sure if this was intentional or not though.

I've been waiting all this time to be something I can't define.
#43 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 9:55 AM
Nice this'll look great in my basement, thanx just wut i needed!!
Test Subject
#44 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 12:20 PM
Thank You. Do you think we could get it in other colours to match the other stairs in the game ?
Field Researcher
#45 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 1:05 PM
Oh, I've wished for a ladder for so long! This is so cool, and I can live with lacking animations, that's better than odd looking ones! :-) Thanks a million.

"Gag me with a reticulated spline!! You're not my cup of tea!" - The Nightlife Prima Guide
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#46 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbwirex
Thank You. Do you think we could get it in other colours to match the other stairs in the game ?

This reminds me of my tree swing, in that I didn't really expect it to become popular. If you look at the Buy Catalog name it says "Construction Ladder", and I didn't really give it a description. The person who requested it was only planning on using it during the construction phase of building a house. I should have guessed that people would want to use this for its space-saver feature.

I am aware of the raw, semi-bleached wood look of this ladder (that it won't match many decors), and therefore I am going to make a number of different colors, as well as different styles. Hopefully, what I come up with will be enough to match most interior designs.

-T
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 4:42 PM
This i amazing, even if you think it's only a ladder it is amazing wgat you did to get here. I was wondering... I made a sprial staircase mesh. It's not great or anything because im not good at meshing at all..but when it comes to everything else in the game I'm even worse. I would be sooo thankful if you could either tell me how to make the stairs have their own tiles and do the anims. like yours, or if you would like to download it and give it a try. Credit could go to you. But if you did this I would be soo thankful. : >

Liam

That's Hot
Test Subject
#48 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 6:21 PM
i wait so long to seaing this VE-RY COOL
Instructor
#49 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 10:41 PM
Thanks for the ladder! It's to bad that the animation of a sim climbing the wall in the obstacle course couldn't be borrowed for this...just a thought.

They call me The Seeker.
I've been searching low and high.
Test Subject
#50 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 10:40 PM
could u get me a brown wooden recolor?
Page 2 of 5