Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Stuff Breaks Far Less Easily

by ~MadameButterfly~ Posted 20th Sep 2014 at 1:52 AM - Updated 10th Nov 2016 at 1:05 AM by maybesomethingdunno

166 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 60 Feedback Posts, 105 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 7
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#26 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 6:09 PM
YES, YES, YES, YES, YES!!!! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 6:40 PM
Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#28 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 9:11 PM
MadameButterfly, you are quickly becoming my favorite modder! I have one question about this mod. How does it affect upgrading objects to be less breakable? Would doing that overwrite the mod's setting?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#29 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 9:20 PM
Oh thank God someone did this. In real life, you can go 10 years before your sink or toilet breaks. In Sims 4 it's every dang day. Literally. I think I'll use the 5% version of the mod. THANK YOU!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#30 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pearlbh
MadameButterfly, you are quickly becoming my favorite modder! I have one question about this mod. How does it affect upgrading objects to be less breakable? Would doing that overwrite the mod's setting?

It will just make it even less breakable if you go ahead and upgrade.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 10:34 PM
Thank you so much Love it !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 11:42 PM
Bless you for making this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 11:47 PM
Loving this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 11:51 PM
Thanks 5% wuuhuuu
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 12:35 AM
OMG stuff breaks too often!!!

Thank you very much for this great mod.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#36 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 1:29 AM
Thank you! I don't mind objects getting old and breaking down frequently, but needing to repair every plumbing appliance every day was getting too ridiculous.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#37 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 2:41 AM
Love this mod! Thanks!! :bunny:

Is it possible to make everything 0% breakable & does this include all versions (cheap and expensive) of the following objects:

microwave
toilet
sink
telescope
microscope
brewing
stove
motion game
kitchen sink
shower
bath
fridge
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 2:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by barbiegirls2
I hate to nitpick, but I notice your item list doesn't include the stereo/radio. I usually have it on all the time since I like to listen to my custom music while I play, so it breaks /all the time/. Did you forget to mod it, forget to add it to the list, or did you have a good reason not to fix this? Anyway, thanks for making this mod. <3

Oh, and on top of that I have the most expensive one, so I have to throw away a lot of money for replacements.

I would love to see this mod support the stereo/radio objects.

I would also like to see a new mod flavor for 0% breakage. :lovestruc
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 3:53 AM
With the whole "no repairman" thing, this is pretty much essential! Thank you, you awesome fella, you!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#40 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 3:54 AM
Nice work! Had 3 items go one after another when my Sim was running late, very annoying when there is no repairperson to call....
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#41 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 1:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thril1
I would love to see this mod support the stereo/radio objects.

I would also like to see a new mod flavor for 0% breakage. :lovestruc

Yes, to your question just above this post. I am trying to get Stereo objects to work, but it is harder because they didn't include breakage files for them for me to edit. I have not given up hope, however. I am still going through the files, to see if I can get around this some how.

Test Subject
#42 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 2:25 PM
much needed thanks!
Test Subject
#43 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 2:52 PM
MB, out of curiosity did you set up this mod to also reduce the chance for objects (such as showers, sinks, etc) to become dirty, or are the chances for objects becoming dirty and for objects breaking intertwined somehow/somewhere? I ask because I've been using the 5% chance mod for a while now on a new game and I've only seen an item become dirty once in an entire in-game week - and only after forcing the sim to spam using the same object over and over again after I noticed nothing in the house was needing to be cleaned for an unusually long time. I imagine for some people that the reduced need to clean things would be a desirable effect, but personally it's negatively impacting the game's realism for me - which counteracts the reason I wanted to use this mod in the first place (since it's unrealistic for items to break so often).
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#44 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 4:12 PM
This mod only touches the breakage files.

Lab Assistant
#45 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 4:21 PM
Do you happen to know if the chance to break is higher (or even by how much) if the Sim happens to have the clumsy trait? I have a clumsy Sim and he is always, always breaking everything. He walked by the fridge to grab a book and then like right when he sat down to read the book the fridge broke and smoke appeared and the little things gotten broken chime played. :P
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#46 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 4:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by XanderGC
Do you happen to know if the chance to break is higher (or even by how much) if the Sim happens to have the clumsy trait? I have a clumsy Sim and he is always, always breaking everything. He walked by the fridge to grab a book and then like right when he sat down to read the book the fridge broke and smoke appeared and the little things gotten broken chime played. :P

While I haven't looked at traits, I do know that is how it was with the Sims 3.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#47 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 4:29 PM
Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#48 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 6:46 PM
Thank you a million times over!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 7:52 PM
Great mod and much needed! In addition to all of the stereos and radios, speakers break way too frequently also. I place these throughout my house and exterior and am tired of fixing them.
Test Subject
#50 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 8:05 PM
I have two new projects for you to consider:

1. No jealousy at all - When talking with two female sims (best friends) even when doing non-romantic interactions the conversation becomes awkward for one of them and I lose relationship. Jealousy is way out of control in the Sims 4. If I am in a romantic relationship talking with another female in sight distance is very difficult without losing relationship. Can't anyone be friends in the Sims 4? Sims 4 seems to treat all relationships as romantic (not precisely but that's how the mechanics seem to work). Also, if you perform ONE romantic interaction with either sex they now turn into a romantic relationship for life! I've done this by accident several times and even turned a guy friend into a romantic relationship (yuck). There needs to be an easy way to clean the relationship completely. A relationship shouldn't turn Romantic until the romance bar reaches 33%. This would be much more realistic.

2. When my sim throws parties it is very frustrating to not be able to prepare in advance by making four drinks at a time. The only time my sim is allowed to make more than one drink is if he is tending the bar and someone asks him to make drinks for the group. Very frustrating!
Page 2 of 7