Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#51 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
That's because you have had about one birth and never kill any of your sims lol.
True (I just clicked "agree"), but the Sim who had that one birth did have twins.

Quote: Originally posted by imarock79
"Originally Posted by k6ka
Before Nightlife, the character file limit was 1000. After Nightlife and all EPs after that, the limit was supposedly raised to 32767."

Where is this information please?
k6ka is a regular contributor on this forum, so hopefully he'll see your post and answer it. I believe he's a contributor to the (wikia) wiki, so I think he's quite reliable as an authority on TS2. I'm fairly sure I've seen this information somewhere else as well, and, as you will see if you look at that thread I mentioned, some Simmers are actually trying to reach 32767 Sims to see what happens. (It wouldn't be my preferred way of passing a Sunday afternoon! )
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 5:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
some Simmers are actually trying to reach 32767 Sims to see what happens. (It wouldn't be my preferred way of passing a Sunday afternoon! )

Wow. That would be awesome to get that many before the game corrupts. Sounds fun to try but not sure I will, lol.

If remembering correctly, my original game when I first started Pleasantview got well over 2000 before it corrupted.
That was before knowing not to delete Sims or bring in Sims from other neighborhoods. It had alot of variety in it and was great family storylines going for it.

We are a Mom and 24 year old Daughter who love Sims 2, Sims 1, Sims 3 and Sims 4, respectively.
We also share videos of our games on our YouTube channel.
Top Secret Researcher
#53 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 7:12 PM Last edited by k6ka : 23rd Jul 2014 at 7:31 PM.
Alright, here's where I found the character file limit being raised post-NL.

I'm still looking for the thread that gives 32767... hold on...

EDIT: Found it! Here's another quote:

Quote: Originally posted by J.M. Pescado
No. 32767 is the maximum available inside a signed 16-bit integer, which is what TS2 uses. Note that the "0" is a red herring. There are no singular aspirational points. Internally, the game represents it as 32767 ASP, and the 0 is purely cosmetic, because apparently the idea of something being ONE point would blow the puny liittle minds of sheep. Therefore, 32767(0) ASP is the logical maximum as constrained by 16-bit integers, and it is not physically possible to change this. It's not a problem. Why would you want more, anyway? Due to the weird "10" effect, as well as the 16-bit thing, it's not possible to create an object that costs more than 32760 ASP to purchase (typing 32767 into the price box results in truncation due to the nonexistence of single-ASPs).
Source.

That's why 32767 is pretty much the "magic" number in The Sims 2. It's the hard limit for most values in-game. You can have a maximum of 32767 character files, 32767 Lot IDs, etc.

I have updated the game guide on Wikia Sims Wiki with citations to the relevant threads.
Mad Poster
#54 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 7:24 PM
I am starting to create more Sims right now
Top Secret Researcher
#55 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by imarock79
Looked in SimPE and 23 are unknown character files.
Will this be a problem? How do you find out who the unknowns are?

Unknowns are... unknown. Quite literally. Every neighborhood has some unknowns, so you shouldn't panic if you see them in your hood. I've seen some sources that claim they were the craftable robots in OFB. Unknowns might also be created by mods and hacks that generate NPCs. However, if you are seeing an abnormal amount of unknowns in the hood, and if you've done one of the VBTs, that might be the cause.

TBH, I don't know much about Unknowns, because, like I said and quite literally - they are Unknown!
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 9:31 PM
Thank You for replying. Not sure how many were there when creating hood compared to accumulation as played. It is two years old in October and no glitches or bugs of any kind yet.
Will watch for the unknown totals though to see if more add.

We are a Mom and 24 year old Daughter who love Sims 2, Sims 1, Sims 3 and Sims 4, respectively.
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by k6ka
Alright, here's where I found the character file limit being raised post-NL.

I'm still looking for the thread that gives 32767... hold on...

EDIT: Found it! Here's another quote:

Source.

That's why 32767 is pretty much the "magic" number in The Sims 2. It's the hard limit for most values in-game. You can have a maximum of 32767 character files, 32767 Lot IDs, etc.

I have updated the game guide on Wikia Sims Wiki with citations to the relevant threads.

Interesting. This is good info to know. Thank You.

Top Secret Researcher
#59 Old 13th Jul 2021 at 2:33 PM
Since I have Strangetown as the main hood with subhoods: Bluewater village, Pleasantview, Widespot and Riverblossom Hills and Universities: La Fiesta Tech, Land Grant university and Sim State University. And downtown. And i've just made some adoptable toddlers, cats and dogs, I expected a high number but i'm astonished at how high it is already (I haven't even completed a rotation yet) compared to others. 713. Of course I saw the "can have 32,000 something". Does 713 make sense with this megahood?

My Simblr
He/They
Scholar
#60 Old 13th Jul 2021 at 10:17 PM
Its not unusual nor unreasonable. although this is coming from me, with over 1k merfolk sims and in the process of adding a robot vampire army to the testing hood. last count was 1,600 sims more or less.
my main hood Rematra has all the clean templates and stories hoods except castaway sims yet and it is about the same at 1,400 -1,500 sims. Simply no way to play evern household in a rotation style gameplay.
So the limit for me will be 32,767, the hard coded limit I one day plan to reach.
Mad Poster
#61 Old 13th Jul 2021 at 10:49 PM
You don't need child townies to adopt children. Adopted children are just randomly generated if there are none in the adoption pool.
Page 3 of 3