Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jun 2021 at 6:27 PM
Default Clean Installer
I've been checking my files for duplicates and other dodgy stuff and I've come across a few things that either I never knew about or have forgotten.

The red 'hack' line. Is it normal for it to come up on Store items?

Also, some objects get it as well, even if they aren't hacks?

Incomplete Bodyshop file. Is it normal for this to come up on defaults?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 25th Jun 2021 at 6:39 PM
Not sure about the body shop thing, but the first two are normal.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#3 Old 25th Jun 2021 at 7:27 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 26th Jun 2021 at 7:31 AM.
Defaults aren't full bodyshop files, so they would come up as incomplete Bodyshop files with the Clean Installer. That's normal.

I think Project Package files also come up as incomplete/unknown if you scan your Downloads folder - these files won't show up in the game, so if you have any of those you may want to check them in SimPE (they lack the text and Binary Index lines, and the 3DIR lacks references to them).

I'm not 100% certain how repo'd clothing files show, but just mentioning it because I'm a bit unsure if they're considered as incomplete (they lack texture files but otherwise should look like regular CAS files). When installed these are usually below 10 kb so should be easy to recognize if you're installing sims or looking through CC. Some files may depend on how they're built (like packs of clothes that are one file, use ingame textures and are multi-part).

Defaults and Project Package files shouldn't be added to a sim, so you should only be seeing these files if you're scannning your downloads.

Files packed with CRES resources (the ones you want to remove from sims before installing, because they can potentially crash your game randomly) show as "unknown". The filename is a random selection of letters/numbers, usually much longer than 9 digits.

The red "hack" color means some kind of modification has been added, and yes, it can be a modded object of some sort. Not all modded items show up red - I think it depends what kind of modifications were done (no idea about details). Store files are made somewhat different to player-made CC, so I wouldn't be surprised if it shows up as modded/red. Could also be that they're several objects in one, or something like that.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Jun 2021 at 6:47 AM
Thanks. I have a few files to check that showed up as incomplete, but at least I don't need to go through my defaults.

Also good to know that objects and Store files are normal if they show red.