Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jul 2021 at 12:45 PM
Default The Best Sims 2 Game Mods
I have no idea if this is in the correct section but what are people's go to Game Mods?

I am MOHAAPlayer on Discord
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 10th Jul 2021 at 1:52 PM
Well, see the essential mod thread that's stickied at the top of the forum.

But otherwise I really recommend playing the game, seeing what you like and what you don't, then find mods to fix what you don't like. TS2 is highly customizeable and everyone's playstyle is a bit different so I can't recommend just throwing mods at your game, especially since I don't know how you want to play or what you'd like to do, etc.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Theorist
#3 Old 10th Jul 2021 at 5:43 PM
Really no definite answer here: the first ever mod I get is CEP, for game corruption prevention, I use some of the mods from the Essential mods thread, for silly maxis mistakes fixes I just look up fixes on MTS/MATY/anywhere really. Also Cyjon and twojeffs.

For added gameplay I use some of simler90 and midgethetree and lazydutchess mods. And even then I believe I didn't mention 70% of my DL folder.

And then there are custom objects, default replacements...
Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th Jul 2021 at 7:19 PM
"The Best Sims 2 Game Mods" = to many taste to mention.

Everyone has there own style of play and looks so there is no way for anyone other than you to figure that out.

Even the "Essential Mods" thread has player who say no to some of them but they will help keep your game more of less corruption free.
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532696

There are mods to help with being a "Mind Control" freak or a "Lovey-Dovey" freak.

The word "freak" is only used for laughs.

There is so many mods out there that you can come up with any style of play you want.
There are other sites that are still up and running with even more mods if you want to go outside of MTS: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=529171

I also recommend you play the original hoods that come with the game first before getting clean and fixed versions.
Most if not all of the households have there beginning stories to see and if you get clean and fixed version many times the beginning stories do not happen.
(((If this have been fixed in some of them I have not seen them yet.)))

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Theorist
#5 Old 10th Jul 2021 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
I also recommend you play the original hoods that come with the game first before getting clean and fixed versions.
Most if not all of the households have there beginning stories to see and if you get clean and fixed version many times the beginning stories do not happen.
(((If this have been fixed in some of them I have not seen them yet.)))

Yes, while the scripted events won't occur in Talia's fixed templates, households of Dorsal Axe's Strangetown still get the scripts.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 10th Jul 2021 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bbc100
I have no idea if this is in the correct section but what are people's go to Game Mods?

Well there are mods to stop corruption. You need those.
No Unlink on delete
No corrupt death
Creature fixes or a mod to prevent Crumplebottom from being bitten -if you play vampires.

Mods to help with fixes the odd bug/just really handy to have
Simblender
stuck object remover
bat box

Mods to keep the game tidy
No sim loaded + smarter ep check.

Then you have mods that fix other small annoyances, but what you find annoying isn't always going to be what others find annoying. You are better jotting down what annoys you as you find yourself getting annoyed and asking on wcif.

Then there are mods that add extra gameplay. Again this is personal choice. I love to play playable schools, would you? A lot of people love ACR and call it essential -I don't use it. I love the trips&quads mods, some would not touch it with a pole. So you need to know what you want to achieve or would be interested in and sometimes that takes playing for some time. You want to know vanilla game behaviour to be able to decide if you want to keep it or change it.

I have 2 1/2 K files in my mods folder. I am not the only one. It isn't something you can simply recommend.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#7 Old 10th Jul 2021 at 11:36 PM
I got most of the scripted events in Tarlia's Pleasantview and Strangetown. The only one I didn't get at all was the Dreamers' house -- there were no unpaid bills there. Some of the others got modified by my own idiosyncratic playstyle. For instance I ignored Mary-Sue's chance card, so Daniel and Kaylynn had plenty of time to finish their woohoo undisturbed. I even used the SetHour cheat to give them more time in bed together. When Mary-Sue did come home, quite unaware of what had been going on, Daniel kissed her and woohooed her too, so everyone was happy. What the eye doesn't see, the heart doesn't grieve over.

The Veronaville I've been playing since I got the game is the original Maxis one. It has a Maxis Downtown and a Tarlia's Bluewater attached.

As for non-essential mods, I tend to go for ones that keep my Sims safe and happy -- there's more than enough misery in Real Life! Squinge's No More Fires and Pescado's Romance mod are two favourites!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.