Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jul 2021 at 9:16 AM
Sims parody names for countries and pop culture
Let's make lists of Sim name parodies for pop culture and countries for e.g. your fictions! They can be either from the game or made up by yourself.

I kick off with:
* AOL = EAOL
* Euros = Simoeuros
* Pounds = Simpounds
* LOTR = Lord of the Sims (TS3/TSFP)
* Harry Potter = Harriet Putter (TSFP)
* The Netherlands, Dutch = NederLama/NiederLamas/HolLama, Dutchlish
* Germany/German = DeutSimland/DeutSims/Germoleony
* Ibiza = Simbiza
* Italy = Simtalia
* Limewire = Llamawire
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 12th Jul 2021 at 5:04 PM
This isn't mine, but I saw someone on Tumblr who called their music festival Llamapalooza (lollapalooza) which I'm stealing for my game.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 12th Jul 2021 at 6:33 PM
There's a poster in TS4 of "Henry Puffer" (Harry Potter parody) which was made into a full "fan stuff pack" (complete with more simmified lore and new names for the houses, etc.). It's been converted to TS2, too.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 13th Jul 2021 at 3:40 AM
The sim world for me has always been set in a mish-mash of human culture (though heavily inspired by the US because that's where the creators are from).

I've never been a fan of taking a real world name/place and just slapping 'sim' in front of it.
The money in The Sims is called 'Simoleons' not 'Simcash' or 'Simdollars' so naming a different currency in the sim world after real world currency feels cheap/fake/unfitting.
Scholar
#6 Old 13th Jul 2021 at 4:59 AM
My Sim universities are run by a Chancellama (Chancellor).