Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Aug 2021 at 11:15 AM
Chess table on community lots
Ok. I know the title may be a bit confusing...sorry for that. I kind of...wanted to both ask and start discussion about chess table on community lots. Beside park, library and (maybe) school, what are other community lots that are fit for chess? Where you think its common to put chess table on community lots?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 14th Aug 2021 at 1:13 PM
I always put one in coffeehouses. I like to have coffeehouses with one or two chess tables and also a guitar for open mic nights. A recreational center might have several, and that's where the chess club meets. A teen center might have a game room with chess, darts, and pinball or pool.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 14th Aug 2021 at 4:17 PM
Pretty much anywhere you want sims to spend time.

Broadly speaking, you wouldn't put one in a store because stores want people to get in, buy, and get out, making room for the next customer; but in a small town, with few community lots, stores aren't just about retail sales, they're community hubs where people hang out and socialize. That's why the General Store in Widespot has a chess table in the shade by the patio. In a city, a similar store wouldn't have chess, but a department store or shopping mall might - the kind of place where families go as a group and the ones who finish their shopping first need a place to hang out and pass the time waiting for the slowpokes who have to try everything on. An arcade or playground where younger sims are taken by older sims to burn off their energy benefits from having a slower-paced, more sedentary activity where Gramps can keep an eye on the kids while amusing himself. No dedicated gaming venue is complete without chess, the grande dame of board games! The chess boards don't advertise as high as the poker and mah jong tables, but they'll draw more serious visitors and take up a lot less space. A hotel lobby with chess in it is a good place for guests to get to know each other while resting up between expeditions exploring the locale.

Any time you're building a community lot, ask yourself How do I want the sims to use this? and select items accordingly. Want sims to meet up in the background autonomously and make new friends while you're playing someone else? Chess. Want something for the adults to do while the kids are running around frantically? Chess. Have a bare corner that you want to be actually useful rather than filling it up with deco? Chess!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Link Ninja
#4 Old 14th Aug 2021 at 5:24 PM
I have them in outdoor parks, community centers, libraries, coffee shops in common community lots. I downloaded a Historical Society that has a fancy board on it. On some vacation lots I have them like at a mountain lodge, a bed n' Breakfast, outdoor versions underneath some shade at the Seawater Beach paradise. I put some in at my Bird Sanctuary business. You could also just make a pure chess 'club' and have it be nothing but chess boards.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 14th Aug 2021 at 5:33 PM
Game club! Pool, darts, chess, videogames all on one lot, with vending machines and maybe a juice bar.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 15th Aug 2021 at 6:35 PM
Here, there, everywhere