Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Dance Rug [Custom Animation]

by Kitabalibar Posted 4th Mar 2012 at 9:43 AM - Updated 4th Mar 2012 at 3:52 PM by Kitabalibar

100 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts, 66 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Forum Resident
#26 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 7:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ddsmile5
heres a question can you guys creat a slow dance for two i want to be able to have my sims in love to be able to slow dance together at there wedding

To add, if it will help, there is a waltz animation here: http://ausagi.blogspot.co.nz/2012/0...-prototype.html
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 7:54 AM
yeah would you be able to make a rug that has animations for 2 or more sims? thanks
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#28 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 9:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kitabalibar
For making that in the dancefloor I don't know. I wanted to make this compatible with everybody, even with no EP, and I think that the dancefloor comes with LN?
Yes, but you can add an interaction to dancefloors using a pure scripting mod. It will simply do nothing if someone doesn't have LN, i.e. in worlds without dance floors. The relevant game code will be there as long as the game is patched.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Test Subject
#29 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 12:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kitabalibar
Can you develop your issue Dj94? I really cannot help you if you don't tell me more. did you manage to install it properly? Do you have other mods? What sims 3 patch are you playing with?

For making that in the dancefloor I don't know. I wanted to make this compatible with everybody, even with no EP, and I think that the dancefloor comes with LN?

the latest, no EP.
I downloaded and all like with other cc but it won't even appear in the game
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#30 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 2:25 PM
Yeah ddsmile5, that would be great.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 12:44 AM
wow this is pretty cool
i really like the techno dance
One Minute Ninja'd
#32 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 11:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dj94
the latest, no EP.
I downloaded and all like with other cc but it won't even appear in the game

I have to say, I'm having the same issue as well. Patched to 1.29, all EPs through Pets, several Gb cc, mods, all present and working, but for some reason, the rugs, which are properly installed, do not appear as choices in the decor/rug section. Could they simply be somewhere else in buy mode that I haven't thought of looking yet? I did also check decor/misc. and hobby/parties, which is where the LN dance floors are located, just in case they might be hiding there.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 3:44 PM
I finally got to test this and it works for me. I'm patched to 1.29 with LN and a couple of stuff packs. I also have NRaas Master Controller.

Great job, the animation is really smooth and I love the shufflin' move!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 4:31 PM
Finally some new moves to my simmies! Thank you!
Inventor
#35 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 9:59 PM
Any chance using this run will boost the hidden dance skill?

Echo Weaver's Simblr: http://echoweaver.tumblr.com/
A portrait in stubbornness - Playing the same legacy since 2009
Sample a Brave Legacy: http://sims3sample.illation.net
Test Subject
#36 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 7:41 AM
i hope you will continue to add more types of dances kita. hope you take buzzlers advice too and add a pure scripting mod to it. that way everyone will be able to use it, plus those who have LN will be able to use it on the dance floor. that would make this whole thing perfect
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#37 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 12:32 PM
Thank you I love the new dances, I was bored with the old ones. I just installed Showtime yesterday I am sure I wont have any problems,either way I will let you know so you will know it works fine with the newest expansion pack. I am off to play the game and dance the night away thanks again for a much needed mod Happy Simming to you.
Test Subject
#38 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 2:48 PM Last edited by L!NE : 7th Mar 2012 at 3:03 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
I have to say, I'm having the same issue as well. Patched to 1.29, all EPs through Pets, several Gb cc, mods, all present and working, but for some reason, the rugs, which are properly installed, do not appear as choices in the decor/rug section. Could they simply be somewhere else in buy mode that I haven't thought of looking yet? I did also check decor/misc. and hobby/parties, which is where the LN dance floors are located, just in case they might be hiding there.

I have that problem as well.
For the yoga rug i figured out that it is actually in the rug section, it's just not named "yoga rug". in my game it's simply named like one of the base game rugs and also has the same picture and info as the base game rug. But it works was just hard to find.
But the dance rug I didn't find so far
Mabe for you it's the same, the yoga rug is directly the first one in the rug section in my game.
If anyone has the same issue and finds the dance rug, please leave a comment.

Edit:
Okay forget about the last part. I found it
It's the same as with the yoga rug. It's in the rug section but not named dance rug. It looks exactly as one of the larger base game rugs. In my case it's one that costs 340S. I found it by placing all rugs and trying out if any to them is useable.
But the faster way would be to look if you have any picture of a base game rug double in your buy mode. And the useable one should have the cc icon attached.

I hope that solves your problem as well.
One Minute Ninja'd
#39 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 3:53 PM
Thank you, L!NE! I was looking based on the prices in the overview (100S), not the 340S that it cost in yours. It may very well be a different price in my game than yours. I'll also not look for the dance or yoga name. I'll need to look at all the rugs, regardless of price, to figure out which one it might be.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#40 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 3:57 PM
Ok thanks for reporting this issue. I'll try to fix this later
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 3:03 AM
This is great! Love both this and your Yoga rug. Thanks for your hard work!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#42 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 8:25 AM
do u think u can add the micheal jackson and the botty popping one i seen on youtube. Ireally dont know how to work the animator thingy so u are my blessing if u can please please add the one with the gurl dancing the poping one tytytytyty
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 9:41 PM
Amazing!!! This is a very good idea, thanks a lot for sharing!! :D
Test Subject
#44 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 12:00 PM
does it work with patch 1.32
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#45 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 4:50 PM
I had to say thanks again for this amazing mod, thanks to your new rug my Sims are really bringing the meaning off tearing up the dance floor to life.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 14th Mar 2012 at 6:15 PM
finally someone made ​​this animation, rah!
is there will be new kinds of dances?
Test Subject
#47 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 7:41 PM
Same as post #38
in German Version you will find this Mod under "Rugs" for 300 § as "Kronleuchter Teppich" and the Yoga-Rug under "Fliegender Teppich" with 1 §.
Regards
Thomas
Test Subject
#48 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 3:32 AM Last edited by Sweet_Cherry : 17th Mar 2012 at 4:42 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ddsmile5
heres a question can you guys creat a slow dance for two i want to be able to have my sims in love to be able to slow dance together at there wedding

That would amazing, I agree! :lovestruc

But sadly for me, this does not work! I looked EVERYWHERE, could not find it in my game. Any advice? I have Patch 1.32...could that affect it?

Quick Edit I found it. It was a chandelier rug, I was like oh what is that? Sorry for any trouble to those who read it I really love it, and I even made a whole modern club with the SimTech items from Showtime based on the Techno dancing. Thanks a ton for this great creation

Quote: Originally posted by birdyfly
To add, if it will help, there is a waltz animation here: http://ausagi.blogspot.co.nz/2012/0...-prototype.html

Oh, thank you so much. This link led me to two waltz animation packs. Perfect for weddings

Sweet Cherry Creations
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 10:43 PM
Yay! I've been wanting different dances. Thanks!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#50 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 10:49 AM
Love your yoga rug cant wait to see this in game,thanks.
Page 2 of 5