Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jul 2021 at 7:04 AM
Default Wish for Expensive Game for Sim
Hi, my sim wishes to buy a game worth $3000! Could somebody point me to what this is or where to find it? I didn't try it yet, but there is a "game" in the "Entertainment" section that costs about $5k. I kind of hate to spend that much though. I don't know if that will satisfy the wish or not. Other than that,in the game section, the highest is $1700 I think (I just closed the game and can' verify the price, but it's the pinball machines). Thanks!
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 4th Jul 2021 at 8:13 AM
I think it's under Hobbies, and then the icon with the darts (recreation?). I think the ice skating rink should be in that price category, but I haven't checked.

You can also have your Sim sleep through it, they will roll a different want eventually.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 4th Jul 2021 at 8:25 AM
That generally viewed as a want for a bowling alley, which is why want paintings were made by iCAD so you can 'fill the want' by buying and placing the painting.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#4 Old 4th Jul 2021 at 3:41 PM
FYI, the games in hobbies and entertainment are not interchangeable, in terms of want purposes. So if your sim wants an entertainment item, you gotta buy that. I'm thinking that, because you said game and because you said over 5,000, your sim actually wants something from the hobby section. So no, a video game won't fulfill the want.

And yeah, normally the bowling alley is the only thing that can fulfill this want, but you can also reprice cc to give yourself more options. That's what I do. So for example, you can download some custom pool tables and make one 5,000 or more (there are some nice ones on MTS, too).

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Jul 2021 at 8:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
That generally viewed as a want for a bowling alley, which is why want paintings were made by iCAD so you can 'fill the want' by buying and placing the painting.

Thanks MUCH!! This will be great! Off to try his tutorial.

Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
FYI, the games in hobbies and entertainment are not interchangeable, in terms of want purposes. So if your sim wants an entertainment item, you gotta buy that. I'm thinking that, because you said game and because you said over 5,000, your sim actually wants something from the hobby section. So no, a video game won't fulfill the want.

And yeah, normally the bowling alley is the only thing that can fulfill this want, but you can also reprice cc to give yourself more options. That's what I do. So for example, you can download some custom pool tables and make one 5,000 or more (there are some nice ones on MTS, too).

Thanks!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 4th Jul 2021 at 9:22 PM
I used to get that on my old computer before playing Modded on this one.I actually Modded out many expensive wants or just use panitings to solve that one because my sims are often too poor or can't fit the item in their home.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 5th Jul 2021 at 12:03 AM
Not just the expense, but who has the room? Oh yes, let's just place down a bowling alley or pool table in your backyard, as you do.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#8 Old 5th Jul 2021 at 1:50 AM
The sims who have the wants are usually Fortune sims. It makes sense that they want to size up. It'd be strange to love money, and NOT dream about a bigger and better mansion, with a room for every little purpose, and then some made up purposes too, like a tennis court room, a bowling alley room, a movie theatre room. Not to mention the garden... even though my mum's not a Fortune sim, she still dreams about building a gazebo, and water features in the garden. I like the sound of it too, honestly, koi pond, or even goldfish pond. An entire room for ants, or for fish, or for reptiles. Lots of middle-class people build entire cat rooms, and dedicated bird owners usually have a dedicated bird room.
My mom just likes waterfalls. XD
I want a zoo... like a really nice cushy modern zoo.

I'm a young adult in poor health, trying to heal enough to complete my goals.
This is the song that never ends ~ It goes on and on my friends ~
my first ToT Challenge (which is actually indefinitely hiatus, I'm in a different TOT hood now)
Scholar
#9 Old 5th Jul 2021 at 7:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Not just the expense, but who has the room? Oh yes, let's just place down a bowling alley or pool table in your backyard, as you do.

At one point, I helped Sims meet this need by having someone set up a bowling alley business... ...on their lawn. Sims nonetheless would sometimes buy multiple alleys off this clearly trustworthy and professional organisation consisting of one Sim and 3 bowling alleys that were invariably left out in the rain and snow, yet expected to work perfectly and totally be worth $6000+ each after mark-up..