Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Oct 2022 at 9:07 AM
Default About EA partnering with Curseforge....
Hi there,

Some of you may have seen the press release about EA partnering with Curseforge for The Sims 4 modding as the "official hub". I think this is good news for the community because it encourages competition and feature sets in websites, and in curation of mods.

I would like to say, however, that MTS has been curating mods for almost 20 years now, starting with the Sims 2, then TS3, and now TS4. And we'll continue to do it even in TS5 days. We don't have any "sketchy" links - all of our content is checked for quality by our amazing staff (even if sometimes it does get a bit tense ), and we have full support for filtering the game packs, stuff packs and expansion packs exactly the way you want it. We have almost 13.5k uploads just for TS4 alone, covering every manner of game customisation you might want - and we aren't going anywhere!

I wish Curseforge/Overwolf the best of luck in their partnership, but just remember - we are still one of the best places for custom content in any Sims game, and we'll continue to be here so long as Sims games keep being released.

Regards,
Tashiketh

* Source: https://thesims4.curseforge.com/

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
24 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 19th Oct 2022 at 11:42 AM
I am happy to see after the years of TS4 existence EA just started to support custom content users. They are very slow however with their desisions and let them be fine with developing one game since they can handle it. MTS is all about diversity and share a lot of content for all the games of franchise. Many thanks to MTS staff for their great work!
Regards Vic

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 19th Oct 2022 at 12:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
I am happy to see after the years of TS4 existence EA just started to support custom content users.

I don't think it's a coincidence that they have just announced Sims 5 on the same week.

MTS is still my favourite place for Sims mods!
Forum Resident
#4 Old 21st Oct 2022 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I don't think it's a coincidence that they have just announced Sims 5 on the same week.

MTS is still my favourite place for Sims mods!

Didn't they "announce" Sims 5, 2 or 3 years ago?
Field Researcher
#5 Old 25th Oct 2022 at 3:17 AM
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 26th Oct 2022 at 12:21 AM
Now your creativity can be lucrative for someone else, it seems! :lovestruc

Keeping Modthesims alive and breathing in Rene's era will be, above all, an act of resistance.

PIAZZI ROCKS
(so do you)
lixcpu@gmail.com
Theorist
#7 Old 26th Oct 2022 at 9:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LUCPIX
Keeping Modthesims alive and breathing in Rene's era will be, above all, an act of resistance.

I thought to say like in popular meme: "I don't know her". I know her unfortunately.
Sims 4 putted in unreal engine 5 is groundbreaking idea. The counterpart to upcoming Paralives will be baked in rush but should be mindblowing flashy and released before Paralives to leave us in tantrum with begging EA to take our money. EA very generous with their excuses. I keep puzzling what they will shrink in Rene. Maybe Rene's sims will lose their characters? Or there will be no roofs. But we will definitely have a colour wheel even two colour wheels in return.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 28th Oct 2022 at 2:15 PM Last edited by terula8 : 28th Oct 2022 at 2:16 PM. Reason: misspelling correction
I've been on MTS for about 10 years now and can't overstate the pleasure it's been learning from and being part of this community. This will always be my first and last stop for mods and cc. It's also a wonderful place for new players to learn about the older games and really get to know what's out there. I doubt Curseforge will have any TS2 or even TS3 content, so MTS is more important than ever for it's balanced approach to the entirety of the Sims franchise. Thank you for all you do.
Space Pony
#9 Old 29th Oct 2022 at 2:00 AM
VIVA LA MTS!!! (dammit EA)
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 19th Nov 2022 at 12:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chingyu1023
While I am partnering with Curseforge, I will not delete my downloadable content on MTS. No worries.

Everyone from curseforge started here at MTS.

Administrator of Her Opinion