Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jun 2021 at 3:31 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default I can't click on the ocean :/
So I have a new iMac and installed the 64-bit version. Everything seemed to work fine but I can't interact with the ocean in any way. I thought it was a mod (I transferred my mods folder from my laptop to this) so I removed all my mods and it's still happening. Is this a Mac issue? Are there any mods to fix it?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Jun 2021 at 4:42 AM
It is one of many issues with the recently released 64-bit Mac version (late Oct 2020). Have you tried testingcheatsenabled teleporting a sim into the ocean? They end up under or kind of inside the water, but walking out (or something like that) eventually. Without IP in play from what I remember, no wait actually it was base game only, even that can't be done. It's like the ocean is a layer that the game or we players cannot penetrate.

There are no fixes for this or any of the outstanding issues and everyone is waiting for EA to tell us if these are even being worked on.They are all still being catalogued and discussed on EA's AHQ board for TS3 for Mac .
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jun 2021 at 5:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
It is one of many issues with the recently released 64-bit Mac version (late Oct 2020). Have you tried testingcheatsenabled teleporting a sim into the ocean? They end up under or kind of inside the water, but walking out (or something like that) eventually. Without IP in play from what I remember, no wait actually it was base game only, even that can't be done. It's like the ocean is a layer that the game or we players cannot penetrate.

There are no fixes for this or any of the outstanding issues and everyone is waiting for EA to tell us if these are even being worked on.They are all still being catalogued and discussed on EA's AHQ board for TS3 for Mac .

That sucks. Other than that it's running great. Thanks.
Test Subject
#4 Old 23rd Jun 2021 at 8:40 AM
I succeeded, if actually I can write a solution
Test Subject
#5 Old 8th Sep 2021 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LindaFord
I succeeded, if actually I can write a solution

What's your solution?