Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Aug 2021 at 6:25 PM Last edited by GreenStar : 7th Oct 2021 at 9:49 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Pets, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default [SOLVED] Game is suddenly lagging after moving into a new house
Hello again,
I recently moved my main household into a new home (same world, I'm playing Roaring Heights) but now the game is lagging incredibly.
My computer can run The Sims 3, I basically had no lag before (not in this world at least), and now it has become basically unplayable.

The problem exactly: It takes almost half a minute for the pie menu to show up, for the camera to move, the animations to play etc. It works fine when livemode is paused or in buy/build.

What I tried so far: Moving the household back in the old house (suddenly also lag), a new different house (also lag), deleting cache files (no change), deleting CC and mods (which have been in my game long before this started, no change either).

I do have a save game from before the lagging started but since a lot has happened in my family since then, I was hoping I could somehow fix this one without having to go back to the last backup. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Sep 2021 at 6:55 PM
Hello, thank you for the detailed answer, I actually didn't have the MC before and it is really helpful!

But unfortunately, the lag continues :/ Any more ideas?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Sep 2021 at 3:12 PM
Exactly, I reset the town and deleted the ghost spawners and for a couple of minutes the game ran normal, then the lagging continued.
I found no stuck/infinite limos etc.

It barely lags when paused but the only stuck sims are the wild horses and when I click on them they are just standing/walking around normally without any blockage.
Scholar
#7 Old 2nd Sep 2021 at 10:07 PM
I agree about the wild horses I also keep then disabled, but also have you checked for Imaginary Friends?
Use Master Controller to check Global Object Stats and delete any.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Field Researcher
#8 Old 6th Sep 2021 at 2:02 AM Last edited by LemonyLin : 6th Sep 2021 at 9:08 PM.
Are you by chance playing in an overstuffed household? in my experience when all else has failed it's simply that the family that I'm playing is much too large/has too many pets.
Do you have a sim that has a lot of items in their inventory/does your family household inventory have a lot of stuff in it?
Edited to add: If you have a decent bit of CC try merging the packages, this has helped me before.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Oct 2021 at 9:49 PM
Hey all and sorry for my very late reply (I was too embarrassed to admit I didn't know about NRAAS Register and then I forgot about my post lol).
So disabling wildlife didn't help much, but I was happy that I could get rid of these annoying horses. And I could still not find any suspicious objects with the MasterController.

But because my game also started crashing, I ended up setting all graphics setting to medium and disable some of the other stuff (animation smoothing, advanced rendering etc.) and now everything is fine!
Guess it had something to do with me using more CC now maybe or that I've moved downtown where a lot of large and detailed lots are.

Thanks all <3